UFC on VERSUS 3 - Results/Discussion

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » UFC on VERSUS 3 - Results/Discussion
Next Page »
Kpro
3/3/11 3:57:10PM
Results will start coming in in under 2 hours. Good luck everybody!

Igor Pokrajac defeated Todd Brown via TKO Rnd 1, 5:00
Rousimar Palhares defeated Dave Brance via Kneebar Rnd 2, 1:44
Dongi Yang defeated Rob Kimmons via TKO Rnd 2, 4:47
Takeya Mizugaki defeated Reuben Duran via Split Decision (30-27, 27-30, 29-28)
Shane Roller defeated Thiago Tavares via KO Rnd 2, 1:28
Danny Castillo defeated Joe Stevenson via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
Cyrille Diabate defeated Steve Cantwell via Unanimous Destruction (30-27, 30-26, 30-25)
Brian Bowles defeated Damacio Page via Submission Rnd 1, 3:30
Chris Weidman defeated Alessio Sakara via Unanimous Decision (30-27 x3)
Mark Munoz defeated CB Dolloway via TKO Rnd 1, 0:54
MARTIN KAMPMANN VS. DIEGO SANCHEZ
emfleek
3/3/11 4:09:17PM
The last time there was an event on VERSUS, there were killer links/streams EVERYWHERE. My girlfriend and I watched an HD-quality stream

If anyone can offer up a stream to this, I'd greatly appreciate it. Please PM me with stream info!
Kpro
3/3/11 4:10:35PM

Posted by emfleek

The last time there was an event on VERSUS, there were killer links/streams EVERYWHERE. My girlfriend and I watched an HD-quality stream

If anyone can offer up a stream to this, I'd greatly appreciate it. Please PM me with stream info!

If you want to PM me your cell phone number I can seductively whisper play by play into your ear as I watch on VERSUS.
Twenty20Dollars
3/3/11 4:17:37PM
Kinda more excited for the facebook fights.
emfleek
3/3/11 4:23:26PM

Posted by Kpro

If you want to PM me your cell phone number I can seductively whisper play by play into your ear as I watch on VERSUS.

PM sent. I can't wait to hear your voice!

emfleek
3/3/11 4:23:54PM
I'm excited to see Palhares break a branch off.

(see what I did there?)
jjeans
3/3/11 4:57:55PM

Posted by emfleek

(see what I did there?)

That was good! Lets hope he does
Pookie
3/3/11 5:05:47PM

Posted by emfleek

(see what I did there?)

Tree stump! that pun has many layers
BlueSkiesBurn
3/3/11 5:20:36PM
I sent you some stuff, Fleek.
Pookie
3/3/11 5:35:12PM
Hey! Yes! me too.

Props for links
BlueSkiesBurn
3/3/11 5:38:25PM
Sent

EDIT: I won't be around for the fights as I have my DUI class tonight so I won't be checking this thread past 5 and won't be out of my DUI class until 8pm.

If you want a stream, PM me between now and 5pm PST.

Any messages received after that will fall on blind eyes.
Pookie
3/3/11 6:07:39PM
1-0 with 5 points! Woohoo! This feels like my night guys.
grappler0000
3/3/11 6:07:41PM
And our first fight is complete.

Igor Pokrajac def. Todd Brown via TKO (strikes) - Round 1, 5:00
Twenty20Dollars
3/3/11 6:18:34PM
One man saves his job and the other loses his job.

Got 7 pts there. Had 3rd Rd TKO.
Twenty20Dollars
3/3/11 6:21:30PM
Oh yeah, last event of the season.

I call Palhares by first round heel hook.
Twenty20Dollars
3/3/11 6:24:32PM
To keep the trend of calling people out.

Igor calls for a fight with Tito Ortiz after his win.
Twenty20Dollars
3/3/11 6:27:10PM
Branch survives the numerous sub attempts by Palhares in R1 but Branch loses the round.

Doesnt survive R2 though, Palhares via kneebar.
Pookie
3/3/11 6:27:44PM
Yeah!

2-0 with 12 points! i am invincible!
grappler0000
3/3/11 6:28:27PM

Posted by Pookie

Yeah!

Bi-Winning!
jjeans
3/3/11 6:30:54PM
2-0 as well, all though i think i'm only on 10
emfleek
3/3/11 6:32:05PM

Posted by Pookie

Yeah!

Ditto!
Pookie
3/3/11 6:32:55PM
I like the nickname The Ox. It makes you use your imagination.
Aether
3/3/11 6:46:13PM
I knew kimmons was too tough to go out in the first round. Should've picked round 2.
Twenty20Dollars
3/3/11 6:49:12PM
Now that sounded like and prolly should be a 10-8 round.
Franklinfan47
3/3/11 6:50:03PM
1-1 with 5

Paul Harris vs Maia please!
Pookie
3/3/11 6:52:40PM
3-0 23 points! I AM INVINCIBLE!
Franklinfan47
3/3/11 6:52:48PM
Yay, Dongi won me 11 points

2-1 with 16 now.
Twenty20Dollars
3/3/11 6:54:09PM
I took my local in Kimmons, thought he could get it to the ground and sub Yang.

But once again, one man saves his job and the other loses his job.
Aether
3/3/11 6:55:17PM
yeah I said when I was making my picks that I thought a lot of people were going to get cut after this event regardless of who wins or loses. I think there are 3-4 fights where the loser is probably cut.
FastKnockout
3/3/11 6:57:48PM
So far..

TODD BROWN VS. IGOR POKRAJAC

Round 1 - A bit of a feeling-our process before the fighters trade low kicks and reset. The fighters then trade jabs in the center of the cage. Pokrajac moves in and connects on a solid combination and clinches, but Brown pushes him away. Brown unloads a right and then eats one. Brown fakes a punch and rushes in. He presses Pokrajac against the cage. A few knees to his opponent's legs are about all that Brown can muster, and the crowd grows impatient. Brown continues working knees but can't get the leverage for punches. Pokrajac finally breaks free, and we reset. Pokrajac throws heavy punches, but Brown lands a solid with one of his own. Pokrajac doesn't flinch, but Brown again presses him into the cage. The pace again slows before Pokrajac pops him with an uppercut. Brown retires fire from the clinch before backing away. Pokrajac has success with hands. Brown continues moving in but eats a right and drops to a knee. Pokrajac takes the back of his kneeling opponent, but Brown forces him into a loose north-south position and then gets back to his feet. Pokrajac pops him with more punches, a flush head kick and then drops him with a vicious knee from the clinch. Brown turtles and eats a swarm of punches with 10 seconds remaining. The ref has seen enough, and the bout is halted with virtually no time remaining. Brown is dazed on the mat. Igor Pokrajac def. Todd Brown via TKO (strikes) - Round 1, 5:00

DAVE BRANCH VS. ROUSIMAR PALHARES

Round 1 - Branch paws his jab as Palhares circles. Branch throws the jab rapid fire but doesn't land. Palhares blocks a combo. Little action in the first minute of the fight. Branch fires a punch from distance, Palhares shoots, grabs an arm and torques for the armbar. Branch collapses on top of him and escapes with top position. Palhares remains active from his back and looks for additional submission attempts. Branch gets back to full guard and delivers punches to the side. Palhares rolls to his side but eats a couple punches. The fighters trade elbows before Palhares grabs his opponent's wrists. Palhares is shutting down Branch's efforts and looks for an armbar before attempting a triangle choke. He gets his legs in the right position, but Branch pushes close to avoid and then escapes out the back. Palhares moves to a leg, grabs it and torques. Branch signals he's OK while trying to push Palhares off with a kick to the butt. Branch breaks free just as the round ends and then unloads punches as the round ends. Palhares complains that they were late. It was a nice late scramble for Branch, but MMAjunkie.com scores it 10-9 for Palhares due to submission attempts.

Round 2 - Branch throws a punch, and Palhares looks to shoot. He resets and looks for a better opening. More circling, and neither fighter appears to want to throw first. Palhares shoots for a single leg, but Branch fights it off and gets back to his feet. Palhares pushes him against the cage, though, and continues working for the takedown. Palhares grabs a leg and drags Branch to the mat. He secures the leg, torques the foot and knee, and forces the tap-out. Branch taps out in frustration. Rousimar Palhares def. Dave Branch via submission (kneebar) - Round 2, 1:44

ROB KIMMONS AND DONGI YANG

Round 1 - No touch of the gloves. Kimmons misses with a right but lands one flush when Yang tries to clinch. Kimmons misses high with a kick. Yang snaps off a solid low kick and then peddles away from counter punches. Yang lands a lightning quick left that drops Kimmons. Yang punches, but Kimmons is awake and pulls the Korean close to buy recovery time. Yang postures up and lands a next left before moving into side control. Yang unloads a barrage of body punches and then hops into mount to continue the assault. Kimmons tries to roll free, but Yang clings to him and continues with occasional punches. Kimmons rolls again, and Yang takes his back and delivers more punches. Kimmons rolls again, and Yang locks in an arm-triangle choke. Kimmons refuses to tap for nearly a half minute, and Yang finally lets go of the hold. Kimmons surprisingly escapes to his feet. Yang grabs his back and eats an elbow, but Kimmons is taken back to the mat. Yang takes mount position and unloads more undefended blows. Kimmons keeps rolling, but Yang keeps tagging him. Yang grabs an arm and considers a submission but pops Kimmons with punches thanks to the distraction. Yang works on the arm again but can't get the tap-out before the round ends. A great bit of survival for Kimmons, but MMAjunkie.com scores it 10-8 for Yang.

Round 2 - Kimmons fire first, but Yang is the first to land. He clinches, but Kimmons gets the slick takedown and lands in top position. Yang reverses and works from side control to deliver punches and elbows to the gut. Kimmons is trying to fend off the mount position but eats some blows in the process. Kimmons rolls to his knee, and Yang takes his back, gets his hooks in and flattens out his opponent. Kimmons rolls again, and Yang now has mount. Kimmons eats a few more big punches and rolls to his stomach. Yang continues the assault before Kimmons ties him up and gets a breather. Kimmons rolls to his stomach again, and Yang fires off punches to the side of the head. This one-sided fight is getting uncomfortable to watch. Yang works punches to the ribs, and when Kimmons rolls over, he unloads more punches. Inexplicably, the crowd is yelling for a standup. Yang keeps dropping punches, and the bout finally and mercifully is called. Dongi Yang def. Rob Kimmons via TKO (strikes) - Round 2, 4:47
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5