UFC on Versus 5 - Discussion and Results (spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » UFC on Versus 5 - Discussion and Results (spoilers)
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Aether
8/14/11 7:41:36PM
looks like I accidentally picked KO instead of submission. Whoops. Oh well, 14 points is ok. Noke did better than I thought he would there.
MMAcca
8/14/11 7:41:39PM
WOW!!!!

Herman looked damn good tonight!

I hope he gets SOTN over Miller, just because of the buildup to that finish.
ncordless
8/14/11 7:42:14PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Kpro

Posted by kingsmasher

vemola is just like shalorus

Shalorus with Baroni cardio.

i also meant cause shalorus is a great wrestler in his home land...like vemola...their good when they show up to camp and theres ten guys...in the US theyre would be 1000 guys so when a good US wrestler is good hes good...

Seriously?

Kamal Shalorus is a good wrestler period. . . and he is Iranian. You should learn a little about international wrestling. . . Iranian wrestling is in the same league as USA wrestling. To say he is good in his homeland but not here implies that the USA is better at wrestling than the rest of the world. While it's true that we are better than countries like Brazil, Japan, and England, there's a whole swath of the world from Kiev to Beijing that is just as good as us at wrestling.
Twenty20Dollars
8/14/11 7:42:20PM
owie
kingsmasher
8/14/11 7:42:25PM
If a guy is stronger that you upper body you can only sub him on the legs...that was nice though from Herman...
kopower
8/14/11 7:43:18PM
Gotta love switching picks last minute. 0-2 on that.
Rabi
8/14/11 7:43:34PM
Wow! Herman looked great, this was my first wrong pick, lets hope i can still keep my momentum going.

5-1 - 37pts
Twenty20Dollars
8/14/11 7:44:09PM
i'm gonna go peepee - joe rogan
sbulldavid
8/14/11 7:44:44PM
4-2 39 points
Aether
8/14/11 7:44:48PM

Posted by kingsmasher

If a guy is stronger that you upper body you can only sub him on the legs...that was nice though from Herman...

I would say demian maia would disagree with that assessment.
Kpro
8/14/11 7:45:45PM
6-0 w/ 43 and we have 75 minutes to fill with only Benavidez/Wineland remaining so prepare for an extended break either now or after that fight.
Twenty20Dollars
8/14/11 7:46:52PM

Posted by Kpro

6-0 w/ 43 and we have 75 minutes to fill with only Benavidez/Wineland remaining so prepare for an extended break either now or after that fight.

Also CB/Jared
kingsmasher
8/14/11 7:47:31PM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Kpro

Posted by kingsmasher

vemola is just like shalorus

Shalorus with Baroni cardio.

i also meant cause shalorus is a great wrestler in his home land...like vemola...their good when they show up to camp and theres ten guys...in the US theyre would be 1000 guys so when a good US wrestler is good hes good...

Seriously?

Kamal Shalorus is a good wrestler period. . . and he is Iranian. You should learn a little about international wrestling. . . Iranian wrestling is in the same league as USA wrestling. To say he is good in his homeland but not here implies that the USA is better at wrestling than the rest of the world. While it's true that we are better than countries like Brazil, Japan, and England, there's a whole swath of the world from Kiev to Beijing that is just as good as us at wrestling.

well thanks for telling me what i should learn there are many divisions in wrestling and the majority of ranked wrestlers I havent even looked but I would bet that the top ranked 100 wrestlers most are from the US... or maybe not but I would take a top wrestler from america over Iran and czech...Prolly not Russia...but thats based on population percentage is my point
Kpro
8/14/11 7:47:34PM
7 minutes til Benavidez/Wineland entrances.

Thoughts?
Pookie
8/14/11 7:47:38PM
Yeah thats silly.

Is the facebook stream where the next couple of fights are happening too, or are we going to need to search online?
Twenty20Dollars
8/14/11 7:48:29PM
I've got Wineland for the upset
Aether
8/14/11 7:48:44PM
LMFAO look at this description of Markes vs Vemola

"This fight has become extremely mundane. Vemola on his back and trying to roll. Vemola on top and allowing no space but not attacking.A single fan yells, "No one is watching anymore." Boos follow. Multiple cameramen are noticed to have set down their equipment. Markes does move to side control. Vemola still pinned to his back. Boos have become replaced with apathy. Inset your description of boredom here."

They also seem to have only described 2 of the 3 rounds and just given up at that point.

-edit- oh nevermind, round 2 and 3 are smushed together.
Pookie
8/14/11 7:50:09PM

Posted by Kpro

Thoughts?

I think Wineland's entrance is going to feature some sort of Gangster Rap song, and Eddie is going to wave and flap his arms fittingly in a thuggish demeanor.

I picture Benavidez'z entrance more along the lines of 80's montage music that JCVD would train to, and he should walk alot slower and calmer out to the ring. Maybe he'll wear a Karate Bandana too.
Kpro
8/14/11 7:50:16PM

Posted by Pookie

Yeah thats silly.

Is the facebook stream where the next couple of fights are happening too, or are we going to need to search online?

As far as I know after Benavidez/Wineland, we won't see CB/Hamman entrances on VERSUS until about 9:10 EST (6:10 PST)

EDIT: My bad, I thought CB/Hamman was main card, it's prelim so we're doing fine on time.

Aether
8/14/11 7:52:04PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by Pookie

Yeah thats silly.

As far as I know after Benavidez/Wineland, we won't see CB/Hamman entrances on VERSUS until about 9:10 EST (6:10 PST)

Pretty sure CB/Hamman is part of the prelims on facebook.
prophecy033
8/14/11 7:52:15PM

Posted by Aether

Posted by kingsmasher

and Aoki
Kpro
8/14/11 7:54:33PM
I'm no Pavlov's Dog. I've tried to prop at least 6-8 people in the last hour and seen that I've propped too much in the last 24 hours but I keep forgetting and clicking the prop button.
Aether
8/14/11 7:55:33PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Kpro

Thoughts?

I think Wineland's entrance is going to feature some sort of Gangster Rap song, and Eddie is going to wave and flap his arms fittingly in a thuggish demeanor.

I picture Benavidez'z entrance more along the lines of 80's montage music that JCVD would train to, and he should walk alot slower and calmer out to the ring. Maybe he'll wear a Karate Bandana too.

lmao looks like you have it backwards so far. Wineland has the terrible 80's montage music.
Rabi
8/14/11 7:56:10PM
Ive gone for Benavidez UD
Kpro
8/14/11 7:56:41PM
If Wineland can keep 2 rounds standing he probably wins, if Benavidez can get takedowns in 2 rounds he probably wins. This fight is all about Wineland's sprawl.
emfleek
8/14/11 7:56:50PM
Ugh...the Nuge.
kingsmasher
8/14/11 7:57:27PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Aether

Posted by kingsmasher

and Aoki

I shoulda known on here someone would say some comeback unless youa re world champion I knew I shoulda added...but I disagree ask Maia why he couldnt get Munoz...he had good spots on Munoz upper body...Marks too strong...

I did mean to add thouhg u need perfect positio...but

Aoki aint finishing anyone that can wrestle for the most part...too weak...
Kpro
8/14/11 7:58:58PM
I can't look at Wineland without picturing the battle with Beebe where his ear was spurting blood all down his body.
kingsmasher
8/14/11 7:59:28PM

Posted by Aether

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Kpro

Thoughts?

lmao looks like you have it backwards so far. Wineland has the terrible 80's montage music.

I was gonna say that...didnt wineland just fight Aldo
Aether
8/14/11 8:00:15PM
benavidez looks like he's 12 years old lol.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15