UFC on Versus 5 - Discussion and Results (spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » UFC on Versus 5 - Discussion and Results (spoilers)
« Previous Page | Next Page »
kopower
8/14/11 9:11:00PM
I always feel like I'm dreaming when Goldy talks. I just don't pay that much attention to him anymore.
sbulldavid
8/14/11 9:12:40PM
R.I.P. Shawn Tompkins
Twenty20Dollars
8/14/11 9:13:06PM
This is like deathly slow compared to how fast the prelims were being shown.

stupid burger king song is stuck in my head. sharing means caring
Kpro
8/14/11 9:14:06PM

Posted by sbulldavid

R.I.P. Shawn Tompkins

Yeah just saw that, crazy.
scoozna
8/14/11 9:14:25PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

This is like deathly slow compared to how fast the prelims were being shown.

stupid burger king song is stuck in my head. sharing means caring

...yeah me too. I always laugh when the woman sitting on the water fountain wall takes the entire mini and shoves it in her mouth.
Kpro
8/14/11 9:16:14PM
The Ringers just locked up the Middleweight crown so any MW camps should probably try to cut members or add members to get into a different division.
Jshep714
8/14/11 9:17:15PM
Need a stream?

PM me for one
Pookie
8/14/11 9:18:25PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by KungFuMaster

I am 5-1 right now. But with my luck, as soon as the main fights are on, my picks will sure go down hill.

I know what you mean. I do good on the undercard but its hit and miss on the main

Another interesting thing, I do a lot better with the secondary league for some odd reason. Do you want to know my trick? I will tell you anyway. For the secondary league, instead of trying to analyze fights, I simply look at stats and say, "Yep, that guy is winning."

And the fact that less underdogs win in the secondary

Totally disagree. The +600 guys win alot.

Start from the beginning and let me know how that comes out

It comes down to a lack of knowledge.

If 2 guys have identical stats, and one of the guys is an underdog, most people will pick the guy everybody is picking. Alot of times where those are the obvious variables in play, the underdog wins. ****, look at the last event itself. Or the one before that. The Dogs win all the time in secondary.
Kpro
8/14/11 9:19:42PM
Ludwig looks strong tonight.
Twenty20Dollars
8/14/11 9:19:46PM
amir's going sleepyby
kopower
8/14/11 9:22:05PM
Amir better get it to the ground asap.
MMAcca
8/14/11 9:22:11PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by sbulldavid

R.I.P. Shawn Tompkins

Yeah just saw that, crazy.

R.I.P

Sad sad loss.
KungFuMaster
8/14/11 9:22:30PM
Come on Ludwig, help me complete my parlay.
scoozna
8/14/11 9:22:39PM
Amir better find a way to get this to the ground. Stat, nursey boy.
Aether
8/14/11 9:22:44PM
Amir is being brutalized, he needs to get the fight to the ground or he's going to get put away.
Kpro
8/14/11 9:27:39PM
20-18, Amir needs a finish.
KungFuMaster
8/14/11 9:28:31PM
Come on ludwig, hang in there. Just one more round baby.
Aether
8/14/11 9:29:12PM
I really think that that is horrible cornering to tell a fighter who is down 2 rounds that if they win the round they will win the fight.

Tell him the truth, he needs to finish the fight and go out guns blazing.
Aether
8/14/11 9:30:10PM
ludwig's takedown defense is WAY better than I remember it being.
kopower
8/14/11 9:33:42PM
Nice fight. Impressed by Ludwig. Thought for sure he was gonna get tapped out.
Kpro
8/14/11 9:34:01PM
30-27 Bang IMO.
KungFuMaster
8/14/11 9:34:55PM
The judges better not screw up my parlay.
telnights
8/14/11 9:35:29PM

Posted by Aether

ludwig's takedown defense is WAY better than I remember it being.

No Amir's TDs are just very bad.
kopower
8/14/11 9:35:40PM

Posted by Kpro

30-27 Bang IMO.

I'm sure there will be a 29-28 Amir in there from one judge based on past judging experience.
Shawn91111
8/14/11 9:38:48PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by KungFuMaster

I am 5-1 right now. But with my luck, as soon as the main fights are on, my picks will sure go down hill.

I know what you mean. I do good on the undercard but its hit and miss on the main

Another interesting thing, I do a lot better with the secondary league for some odd reason. Do you want to know my trick? I will tell you anyway. For the secondary league, instead of trying to analyze fights, I simply look at stats and say, "Yep, that guy is winning."

If 2 guys have identical stats, and one of the guys is an underdog, most people will pick the guy everybody is picking. Alot of times where those are the obvious variables in play, the underdog wins. ****, look at the last event itself. Or the one before that. The Dogs win all the time in secondary.

Just took Season 3 and the Favorites came out 67% of the time.
Franklinfan47
8/14/11 9:39:03PM
Shawn Tompkins is a huge loss for mma imo. As a trainer who brought up so much Canadian talent, its sad to see him go. All Ive heard so far is that he "didnt wake up" this morning.
Pookie
8/14/11 9:39:21PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by KungFuMaster

That still is a HUGE portion of underdogs winning.
Shawn91111
8/14/11 9:41:42PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by KungFuMaster

That still is a HUGE portion of underdogs winning.

Exactly where did I say that Underdogs dont win or never win? I said they win less

Also Im not talking just fighters that are +660 etc. Anyone who was less in picks from playground members. Whether it was 48% or 49%
telnights
8/14/11 9:42:11PM
Really sad about Shawn Tompkins. He was only 37.
Kpro
8/14/11 9:43:46PM
Let's go Oliveira!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15