Vera - (t)KO 26% (10)
Werdum - (t)KO 8% (3)
Vera - Submission 3% (1)
Werdum - Submission 26% (10)
Vera - Decision 23% (9)
Werdum - Decision 15% (6)
chickmagnet
4/27/08 4:30:45PM
This is an important fight for both men. I noticed there wasn't any forums on it, but I am looking foward to seeing this. Werdum may be the best grappler in the hw division along with Nog, and GG, so if he takes this to the ground he has a big advantage, Vera is a good grappler though. I think if Vera keeps this on the feet, which I think he will he'll pull it off.

Vera by U.D.
Jackelope
4/27/08 4:50:55PM
I dunno, I'm thinking Werdum will tap Vera out. I really haven't been that impressed with Vera. I know I'm going to catch hell for it, but that's my opinion on it.
grappler0000
4/27/08 5:30:36PM
I say if AA and GG can keep the fight standing, then Vera can as well...Vera via TKO.
mrliquid
4/27/08 6:16:01PM
Werdum via Sub in the 3rd
Ben_Hutch
4/27/08 6:20:42PM
I see the winner of this fight getting a title shot,

Werdum via TKO in the 2nd.
juanez13
4/27/08 6:23:24PM

Posted by grappler0000

I say if AA and GG can keep the fight standing, then Vera can as well...Vera via TKO.

agreed.....Plus Vera is quick, and much more agressive standing than AA (as of late), Werdum's strong point standing is his muy thai, which i think Veras is better, i'd give the advantage on the clinch to vera, plus vera has pretty good leg kicks. I must admitt, never been close to impressed with werdum, always thought he is overrated, some may say the same about vera, but i think he is good enough to take this one.
Ben_Hutch
4/27/08 6:34:07PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by grappler0000

agreed.....Plus Vera is quick, and much more agressive standing than AA (as of late), Werdum's strong point standing is his muy thai, which i think Veras is better, i'd give the advantage on the clinch to vera, plus vera has pretty good leg kicks. I must admitt, never been close to impressed with werdum, always thought he is overrated, some may say the same about vera, but i think he is good enough to take this one.

Good point but GG had great leg kicks to, but Werdum still managed to get the win.
juanez13
4/27/08 6:51:35PM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Posted by juanez13

Posted by grappler0000

Good point but GG had great leg kicks to, but Werdum still managed to get the win.

he was loosing that fight badly, until GG got tired and hit the "road block" again and quit (seems to be GG biggest problem)...IMO gonzaga should have won that fight, all werdum was doing was surviving, and he is not gonna beat Vera by that, Vera has a much better gas tank + more determination. he is gonna have to outwork Vera to win this fight, which i dont think he will.
seanfu
4/27/08 6:56:14PM
Vera should not lose this fight by all means. Vera by decision. If he finishes Werdum off it will be a TKO in the 3ed.

Werdum won't submit him though.

Vera is a beast and I can't believe this is really THAT close of a poll.
Ben_Hutch
4/27/08 6:57:51PM
You're right that GG was winning that fight, but maybe Werdum had a plan (be probably didn't to be fair).

Having won the fight that he could have easily lost to GG, Werdum may now have learnt from his mistakes and will be able to come back better than ever. Werdum has great BJJ and now that he's at Chute Boxe he has better standing.

I'm going to this event so hopefully it'll be a war, I'm also having a bet with a mate of mine called Matt (who is also going), if Werdum wins, he has to shout "I LOVE BEN" as loudly as he can during the next fight, if Vera wins i have to shout "I LOVE MATT" during the next fight, so i pray to God that Werdum wins lol.
nickcuc547
4/27/08 7:16:41PM
werdum by sub. i have yet to see vera fight on the ground, unless he has just dropped somebody. he supposedly has a great ground game, but until i see anything i can't pick him to beat a guy that's as good a grappler as werdum.
Franklinfan47
4/27/08 7:28:55PM
Werdum will win a decision over Vera in a war imo. I think now that Werdum has a win in the octagon against the ufc's former #1 heavyweight contender under his belt he'll come in more confident and perform to the best of his abilities (I still feel like we haven't seen the best werdum in the octagon yet). Vera, on the other hand, looked like crap in his last fight (even admitting to it)
Playground_Samurai
4/27/08 8:43:19PM
Gotta go with Werdum by UD. I just believe he is the more seasoned fighter and is a bit more well rounded. I'm actually surprised to see so many people going with Vera via tko. Werdum has been in the ring/cage with the likes of Minotauro, Aleks, GG, AA, and Kharitonov and has never been finished. While I believe anybody can be caught by anybody else in just a split second, I don't see Vera having anything more to offer than any of Werdum's previous opponents to say he can finish him.

Aside from that, Vera just hasn't proven himself IMO. He's only fought one ranked fighter in his professional career and lost by a clear decision.

I'd be willing to take an avatar bet with a fellow playgrounder on this one. Any takers?
juanez13
4/27/08 9:35:28PM

Posted by gspfan

Gotta go with Werdum by UD. I just believe he is the more seasoned fighter and is a bit more well rounded. I'm actually surprised to see so many people going with Vera via tko. Werdum has been in the ring/cage with the likes of Minotauro, Aleks, GG, AA, and Kharitonov and has never been finished. While I believe anybody can be caught by anybody else in just a split second, I don't see Vera having anything more to offer than any of Werdum's previous opponents to say he can finish him.

Aside from that, Vera just hasn't proven himself IMO. He's only fought one ranked fighter in his professional career and lost by a clear decision.

I'd be willing to take an avatar bet with a fellow playgrounder on this one. Any takers?

I'll take it........
Playground_Samurai
4/27/08 10:21:46PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by gspfan

I'll take it........

It's gonna make me sad to see that sweet Andy Hug av go........
Lockfrow
4/28/08 1:35:56AM
I'm leaning toward Vera by tko.