UFC 89: VERA READY FOR 205 AND JARDINE

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 89: VERA READY FOR 205 AND JARDINE
CantAndleDaRiddum
10/10/08 3:59:24AM
Vera On Cutting Weight:
--“Cutting that much weight and performing was the problem,” he explained. “I didn’t think it was gonna be, but I hadn’t cut weight in nine years.”

Vera On His Opponent, Keith Jardine:
--“He’s got great hands and a super awkward style,” Vera said. “An unorthodox, offbeat style; that’s a problem for almost every fighter. But it’s just something we’ve been working on in the game plan. Just making sure I execute the game plan that’s been set forth by my coaches.”

--“Nobody ever respected him or gave him the time of day until he started putting people to sleep,” Vera said. “I’m glad I didn’t do the same before I have to fight him. I just look at him as somebody that could knock me out. So I’ve got to be on my p’s and q’s.”

Link
haggiswashere
10/10/08 4:03:11AM
can't wait. fight of the night.
bojangalz
10/10/08 2:12:33PM
I really don't care for either of these guys. But the match--up is certainly a nice fit. I'm hoing for a first round double KO.
jiujitsufreak74
10/10/08 2:28:25PM
glad to hear Vera is seriosu about the weight cut. i expect to see the Vera of old show up against Jardine and score the KO

(P.S. check out my prediction vids if you want to see my takes on the other fights)
MMAcca
10/11/08 1:07:42AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

glad to hear Vera is seriosu about the weight cut. i expect to see the Vera of old show up against Jardine and score the KO

(P.S. check out my prediction vids if you want to see my takes on the other fights)

I would love to see the Vera of old show up and see Jardine get KTFO but i have this fear that Grag Jackson (the king of the gameplan) will have Jardine well prepared for this fight.

Also, a loss for Keith would 3 in his last 4 fights, so maybe he will just want that win a bit more.