Vera/Jardine

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Vera/Jardine
milfhunter
10/7/08 7:13:02PM
Real line vera is a -170 fav. Both looked awful last time out, jardine getting koed and vera looked unimpressive in his lwh debut. Thoughts on the outcome??
Pookie
10/7/08 7:24:45PM
50/50, Vera is good in the clinch if hes aggressive enough to chase Jardine until he gets it. But if he counterpunches i think hell lose a UD due to Jardines unorthodox punching angles and leg kicks. Anybody who gets within his comfort range beats him (Rashad, Houston, Wandy, Wiuff), and anybody who strikes from the outside tends to get hit hard & often(Liddell, Forrest).

I think it all depends on Vera's strategy IMO
chickmagnet
10/7/08 7:54:38PM
Jardine SD
cmill21
10/7/08 7:59:23PM
I personally think Jardine's being messed with. I mean the guy beats Forrest, he should get a contender, nope he gets some guy from Nebraska, then he beats Chuck, everyone who beats chuck gets a title shot, right? Nope you get some guy named Wanderlei, he can't be that tough. I hope he wins because he's more then paid his dues, getting rape choked for 10K should get you something.
higdon10
10/7/08 8:03:38PM

Posted by cmill21
I hope he wins because he's more then paid his dues, getting rape choked for 10K should get you something.

nickcuc547
10/7/08 8:05:22PM
i'm rooting hard for jardine, but i think vera will finally come out guns blazing like the vera we know. he will cut weight better and knock jardine out, but not without keith putting up a fight.
TimW001
10/7/08 10:48:13PM
GO Jardine. I hope he works on his GAME!
FrankTheTank1181
10/8/08 12:16:38AM
I hope Jardine wins, but I think Vera will be in better shape getting used to LHW and be more aggressive this time out.
Kracker_Jap
10/8/08 12:22:37AM
I think Vera will win, but really hope he loses he came into the UFC with so much hype and then went through the contract thing and really hasn't lived up to it since....

War scary looking hunch back guy
mach
10/8/08 12:57:34AM
Jardine is gonna leg kick Vera into oblivion, Vera's legs are gonna get so bruised up that shit is gonna look like a pack of skittles

Jardine by UD
fonduktoe
10/8/08 4:19:51AM
pretty sure there was already a thread on this one
either way i think vera will be more used to the weight cut and after a closely matched stand up game with little fireworks vera will use his size and gg advantage to sub jardine in the late 2nd or 3rd round
gsquat
10/8/08 10:28:02AM
I think/hope Vera learned his lesson last fight and comes into this one in shape. He's so lazy. All he has to do is be aggressive and Jardine will crumble. We've seen it before.
pv3Hpv3p
10/8/08 11:26:53AM
I think the path to beating Keith Jardine has been pretty well laid out... Press, press, press, and sooner or later he'll fold... Wand did it exceptionally quickly and Houston Alexander did it slightly more methodically... But if you sit back waiting to counter like Chuck or stick and move like Forrest the guy can knock you out or at least win the fight...

If Vera brings the pressure and utilizes his MT, he'll fold up Jardine like it's laundry day, if he hangs back and fights timidly "waiting for a counter" he'll loose the decision to Jardine
Blizzard
10/9/08 7:45:07AM
Vera KO rd 2
Pyrenus
10/9/08 1:17:33PM
I think this is Vera's fight to lose. He needs to come out aggressive and not wait for Jardine to strike first. If he brings the fight, he should be able to get the KO.
mkiv9secsupra
10/9/08 1:30:31PM
im going to disagree with the majority here. Houston and Wanderlei had success because they load up massive power and throw everything they have in 90% of their strikes. They both were aggressive but the aggression only got them so far. The one hit KO power got them the win. Vera isnt the same type of striker as Silva or Houston, by far. His skillset would help him strike from the outside and if it comes in close use the plum and knee jardine until he backs out of range. If Vera comes in aggressive and lands a shot or two he is only going to get countered by a guy that can change the fight with one punch.

Also the reason im picking Jardine for the win.

Franklinfan47
10/9/08 3:02:05PM

Posted by milfhunter

Real line vera is a -170 fav. Both looked awful last time out, jardine getting koed and vera looked unimpressive in his lwh debut. Thoughts on the outcome??

I agree. Both looked very underwhelming in their last fights, which makes this all the more difficult to predict. Im thinkin Jardine will bounce back here and outwork Vera en route to a UD.
NatedawgThaM
10/11/08 3:31:30PM

Posted by Pookie

50/50, Vera is good in the clinch if hes aggressive enough to chase Jardine until he gets it. But if he counterpunches i think hell lose a UD due to Jardines unorthodox punching angles and leg kicks. Anybody who gets within his comfort range beats him (Rashad, Houston, Wandy, Wiuff), and anybody who strikes from the outside tends to get hit hard & often(Liddell, Forrest).

I think it all depends on Vera's strategy IMO

I agree 100%!!!

If Vera is aggressive and does not let Jardine stay on the outside, we all know he has the power to run right through Jardine. But Vera has never really been aggressive before, or I have never seen him before. He's usually catching people from a distance like Jardine. If he does that Jardine I think will out point him. But if Vera can get in his face and force it and keep Jardine uncomfortable then I know he can KO Jardine.

Imma says Vera 1st KO.
metaray
10/12/08 2:27:44PM
Jardine is susceptible to being KO'd on the feet, he's shown to have a less than stellar chin.

Vera has awesome Muay Thai.

Jardine will get demolished.
jgtribbett
10/12/08 7:07:10PM

Posted by milfhunter

i agree completely..l
i liked him against big tim though.. i think he coulda won where it not for his hand.. and even if he couldnt have won.. i think he coulda dont way better.

anyhow.. i see a decision coming.. either way... i'm hoping for vera though.. i dont like jardine