Vera to fight two times, by the end of 07'

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Vera to fight two times, by the end of 07'
POLL: Anyone excited to see Vera back int he UFC ?
Ya 90% (55)
No 10% (6)
Canadian_MM_EH
7/4/07 4:30:19PM
VERA SHEDDING MANAGER, WANTS BACK IN THE OCTAGON By Loretta Hunt (loretta@thefightnetwork.com)
Heavyweight contender Brandon Vera says he will fight two times by the end of this year, this in light of lingering contractual issues the 29-year-old has with both his existing manager Mark Dion and with the Ultimate Fighting Championship. Vera stated yesterday in an interview on FIGHT NETWORK RADIO that he has parted ways with Dion, who also owns the City Boxing gym in San Diego, and will seek arbitration through the California State Athletic Commission as early as July.

Vera confirmed he had been offered a title bout against former UFC Heavyweight Champion Tim Sylvia on March’s UFC 68 card in Columbus, Ohio, though he did not elaborate why the bout never came to happen. Randy Couture would come out of retirement to earn the title from Sylvia with a five-round unanimous decision.

In late March, Vera signed a six-month extension with the UFC with one fight left on his current contract. Vera had previously stated he intends to re-sign with the UFC.

Though only 6-0 in the fight game, the muay Thai savvy Vera has created a wave of anticipation with four dominating turns in the Octagon, including his decimation of former UFC Heavyweight Champion Frank Mir via first round TKO at last November’s UFC 65.
Twenty20Dollars
7/4/07 4:40:18PM
So we could possibly see Tim Sylvia vs Brandon Vera. Or Andrei vs Vera
Canadian_MM_EH
7/4/07 4:44:31PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

So we could possibly see Tim Sylvia vs Brandon Vera. Or Andrei vs Vera

This year, yep
TOMMYAYO05
7/4/07 5:33:44PM
Yeah i would like to see the Andrei fight.
bayonetxwork
7/4/07 6:07:28PM
I would love to see Vera fight Andrei or Silva
Sam_Rothstein
7/4/07 6:55:41PM
is he still with city boxing i heard something about they tried to screw around with his contract/money or something to that extent

any truth to that
ncordless
7/4/07 7:49:22PM

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

is he still with city boxing i heard something about they tried to screw around with his contract/money or something to that extent

any truth to that

Read the article
Basshandsome
7/4/07 9:01:38PM
I think its great that Vera is "back" . I am very excited to see him back in the octogon. I think he has alot of potential to be one of the best in MMA.
ultimatefighter33
7/5/07 1:55:38AM
it should have been vera vs mirko now that would be bad ass cuz mirko would totally kick his ass
KingKash
7/5/07 1:59:23AM
It will be good to see the truth back in the cage. He is always exciting to watch.
TOMMYAYO05
7/5/07 3:36:09AM
The Truth is a true competitor but i think he should fight these next 2 fights in 07 and have a shot lined up against the HW champ asap in 08.but im thinkin Fedr will sign soon plus wit Crocop and Big Nog the division is really deep but with two wins i think he should deserve a shot im thinkin against Andrei and then against the winner of Crocop and Kongo which will probably in my eyes be an upset and Kongo will take it then the winner of that against the champ whoever it may be.
sirc625
7/5/07 1:30:37PM
It's about time the UFC gave Vera something. He got lost in the Heavyweight shuffle with Cro Cop, Arlovski, Couture, etc. He should fight a contender for sure.
KYGUY07
7/6/07 12:45:57AM
im excited as long as he fights some top competition.
Eazee_E
7/6/07 1:01:54AM
I'm thinking we see him against Arlovski. Sylvia still isn't supposed to fight until 77. Most of the other HWT's have fights lined up, Couture/GG, CC/Kongo, Nog/Herring. Arlovski would be a good test to see if he deserves another title shot eventually, or if Vera is ready for one.
masodd
7/6/07 9:32:13PM
I hope Vera fights Tim Sylvia at UFC 77 because i'm goin to that one....The main Event of that ppv is gonna be Rich Franklin vs.Nate Marquardt/Anderson Silva