Vera

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Vera
PunishmentFan
8/2/08 11:23:04AM
well im here to say what i really need to say people always say vera is the best i wanna get this Straight i dont think he is very good i hope he leaves or gets released by ufc tell you the truth guys i told my dad this he likes vera im like yah i seen 3 fights of his ididnt like what i saw it was so bad i didnt wanna watch it tell you guys the truth when he fights i will rather watch fake stuff like wwe i would tottally watch that instead of vera boring my time out unless he gets knocked out for good reasons like seriously he didnt do good with big tim big honk of crap or whats this guys name i cant even remember but he got beat in 1st round which was funny and than he wins a very boring fight on fight night so im done bitching now i really had to get that off my chest i hate vera i hope keith jardine beats him than i hope vera faces wandy than gets ko'ed than faces rampage than ko again than gets his ass kicked by liddell and many more after that so :)
postman
8/2/08 11:28:42AM
Please use some punctuation. Not sure I agree with you rant. Hope your not a
pv3Hpv3p
8/2/08 11:44:27AM
This is impossible to read...

He's not bad, and might need some time to adjust to the weight cut at 205...

The guy who's name you can't remember is Fabricio Werdum, a top ten HW...

When a guy KO's a bunch of fools to start his career he's bound to pick up fans along the way... Maybe watch some more of his fights before you judge?
Jackelope
8/2/08 11:51:58AM
You should read the forum code of conduct before you make a post. We're not about bashing fighters here and that seems to be the entire premise of this thread.

As for Vera- I don't really like the guy personally. I've never been sold by him and I'm glad he's hitting a rough patch in a way. I think it will shape him better as a fighter attitude wise and he'll start to take his opponents and his training a bit more seriously. He's got a good eye for standup and one of the best 9's I've ever seen. Most guys aren't very effective with their front foot but he makes it look easy.

It IS funny to see how people react to fighters being "as good as their last fight" though. This post for example will probably be largely overlooked. Whereas a year ago if a person were to say these things about Vera they'd be crucified.

grappler0000
8/2/08 12:05:37PM

Posted by PunishmentFan

well im here to say what i really need to say people always say vera is the best i wanna get this Straight i dont think he is very good i hope he leaves or gets released by ufc tell you the truth guys i told my dad this he likes vera im like yah i seen 3 fights of his ididnt like what i saw it was so bad i didnt wanna watch it tell you guys the truth when he fights i will rather watch fake stuff like wwe i would tottally watch that instead of vera boring my time out unless he gets knocked out for good reasons like seriously he didnt do good with big tim big honk of crap or whats this guys name i cant even remember but he got beat in 1st round which was funny and than he wins a very boring fight on fight night so im done bitching now i really had to get that off my chest i hate vera i hope keith jardine beats him than i hope vera faces wandy than gets ko'ed than faces rampage than ko again than gets his ass kicked by liddell and many more after that so :)

You are the run-on sentence champion of the world

I agree that his last performance was lackluster, but he's a solid fighter. He made a competitive fight with Big Tim even though he broke his hand in the 1st...now go take a look at what happened to the Interim Champ when he stood in front of Tim for 2 rounds with 2 functioning hands. He didn't necessarily look bad against Werdum. He made a mistake and a world class JJ artist passed his guard...nothing shameful about that.
casketcoin
8/2/08 12:18:28PM
Icouldn't even finish that because my head started hurting. Anyways after the Eilers,Silva, and Mir fight i kind of thought Vera was interesting. I was pulling for him against Tim and Werdum. But some how in between those fights and his last fight I've lost interest. Hopefully he will pick it up at 205 and start finishing fights in an impressive fashion
Twenty20Dollars
8/2/08 2:38:29PM
Im guessing the "kid" who started this post didnt see brandon's first dominating wins inside the UFC. Since he said he had only seen Vera's last 3 fights, i mean he should prolly do alittle more research before hating on a fighter like that.
GrizzlyChadams
8/2/08 2:50:41PM
Please ban
bls1919
8/3/08 9:28:42PM
WOW. All i have to say is WOW. Please punctuate, and Brandon Vera isnt that bad. His fight against Reese Andy wasnt a barn burner but then again Andy might have been underestimated by a lot. Vera will continue to fight hard and I cant wait to see him against the best in the LHW division
fonduktoe
8/4/08 5:38:27AM
cut vera some slack
he's had incredible finishes in the hw division (destroyed the #1 contender)
he's lhw debut was lackluster but alot of fighters have looked bad in fights that entailed a hard weight cut
if his next fight is lousy than i might raise a red flag but having a giant runon sentence about booting him after one bad fight is immature
jawbreaker517
8/5/08 5:23:51PM
If you've seen some of Vera's fights, you know the man can scrap, has a pretty well-rounded ground game, and alot of heart. Big deal, he struggled against Sylvia, who is considerably larger than Vera and looked fatigued against his first opponent in another weight class. I have a strong feeling hes going to pull a Mike Swick in his next fight now that hes alittle more adjusted.
JimiMak
8/5/08 6:10:45PM
I like how someone who just joined knows what everyone always says here, lol

Fact is there are a lot of ppl who like him a lot who dislike him and a lot who couldn't care less about him. The way you approached the issue tho is what won't make you a lot of friends here, assuming you're allowed to stay.