Velocity Experiment

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Velocity Experiment
hunterlcs92
2/26/08 9:16:04PM
Starting tomorrow I'm going to start the velocity diet. I'm 10 pounds more than what i should be for wrestling and I have a tournament or 2 coming up. So let's see how far itll get me...It's not gonna be fun.
puppetmaster837
2/26/08 9:19:00PM
what exactly is the velocity diet?
hunterlcs92
2/26/08 9:29:04PM
no solid foods. just water. I'm trying this for about a week to see where it gets me. I don't know the exact results of this, but I'm willing to find out what will happen
postman
2/26/08 9:30:28PM
good luck. I don't think it is going to stay off though. So if you have a match this weekend its a good Idea but if it is down the road its not going to help much.
RMFG_187
2/26/08 9:35:01PM
wouldn't go as far as just drinking water, sure u might make weight, but without the nutrients your body needs too succeed at tourneys like yours. if i was u, i would just garbage bag it, and run on the spot in a sauna. you will cut more than half of the weight u need.
Rush
2/26/08 9:43:59PM
This diet was attempted by another member. Look a page or so back and you'll see his comments.
puppetmaster837
2/26/08 9:50:15PM
This was taken from the other guys log of him doing the velocity diet

"So in conclusion:
I am still following a lower carb diet, and hitting the same amount of Pro a day...
But doing it in a different fashion. The hunger, insulin issues, crap issues, and strength issues, were not worth it in my book...

BOO to Velocity Diet"

You might want to rethink it, that doesn't sound very healthy at all
Rush
2/27/08 9:55:53AM

Posted by puppetmaster837

You might want to rethink it, that doesn't sound very healthy at all

Which is what I said long before this conclusion was reached by the person trying it.
dP
2/27/08 2:41:20PM

Posted by hunterlcs92

no solid foods. just water. I'm trying this for about a week to see where it gets me. I don't know the exact results of this, but I'm willing to find out what will happen

Um, its more than just water....that'll just hurt you and lead you to failure

its good for cutting weight fast but the first few days are sheer torture