Velasquez/Silva 2, Overeem/Dos Santos set for UFC 160 on May 25

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Velasquez/Silva 2, Overeem/Dos Santos set for UFC 160 on May 25
FastKnockout
2/13/13 12:50:32AM
UFC 160 will take place on May 25th in Las Vegas, and a couple of huge heavyweight bouts will headline the card. Cain Velasquez will defend his title against Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva, while former champion Junior dos Santos will meet Alistair Overeem.

Link
FastKnockout
2/13/13 12:51:09AM
Hope JDS smaaaaashes him!
Boo_Radley21
2/13/13 1:07:54AM
Murrr. Not really interested in seeing Velazquez merk Silva again but Dos Santos vs Reem should be good. Hopefully JDS comes in motivated and Reem comes in not fat and lazy. Them boys could fuck eachother up.

Should this be in the drunk thread?
bojangalz
2/13/13 1:27:11AM
Well, if nothing else the top to fights on the bill will both end in bloody/violent heap of HW humanity splayed out on the canvas.

I think we're just going to have to get used to seeing Cain and JDS dance around each other for the next five years or so. Bottom line, if Cain defends and JDS wins, they'll schedule the rubber match for the big New Years show. There just aren't any other viable contenders.

The scary part is, with the string of upsets in the HW division lately Mark Hunt could be damn close to a title shot if he beats Struve. The only other HW that's really done anything lately is Werdum and with his habit for laying on his back in the big fights, I just don't see the UFC putting him in the spotlight.

Barnett's not going to sign with Zuffa, and Cormier would rather drop to 205 than face Cain. So we'll be left with Cain and JDS perpetually battling it out in the thunder dome for the foreseeable future. Worst thing that could happen for ZUFFA would be another smash job by Cain in their next fight.
Pookie
2/13/13 1:53:13AM
If Big Nog beats Werdum(which is just less than a coin flip imo) Hunt is the #1 contender. Lets hope Jds beats Cain, because then Hunt might just become the UFC Hw champ.

#rally for mark hunt
george112
2/13/13 1:58:17AM
State_Champ
2/13/13 7:58:02AM
I'll pick Velasquez and JDS.

Though I have to admit, seeing Big Foot win the championship would be cool. I've developed a soft-spot for him since he trounced Overeem late in their fight.
danclarke1992
2/13/13 9:06:57AM
Looks like we might be seeing JDS/Cain 3 very soon
Chieftan1997
2/13/13 9:51:47AM
These are probalby the only matchups at Heavyweight that makes sense right now, although I think Silva will just get pounded out again by Cain. Overeem and JDS is a great matchup though, we get to see the fight that didn't come together when JDS was champ. I'm hoping Junior can use his speed and cardio to wear Overeem down and pound him just like Bigfoot did!!! Overeem has to win in the first or second round or that will happen!!!! Cain vs. JDS 3 is the most likely outcome!!!
Bubbles
2/13/13 10:29:38AM

Posted by Pookie

If Big Nog beats Werdum(which is just less than a coin flip imo) Hunt is the #1 contender. Lets hope Jds beats Cain, because then Hunt might just become the UFC Hw champ.

#rally for mark hunt

keep sleeping on Struve, he'll be the champ in 2014

#Struveftw
tallica62
2/13/13 11:17:18AM
Both good calls...looking forward to them!
Travesty145
2/13/13 12:49:42PM
the baddest heavyweight to ever live and the only one that matters
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Lungsofsteel
2/13/13 1:21:15PM
i really dont see antonio doing much better this time around
tcunningham
2/13/13 3:47:06PM
i was a big overeem fan until the roids thing and then his BS fight with bigfoot. now i dont really care too much about him winning this fight. im cool if Jr KO's his ass. as for bigfoot, i think cain is going to destroy him just like the first fight.
jae_1833
2/13/13 11:57:39PM
JDS VS REEM!

America! Fuck yeah!!!