Velasquez or JDS ? discuss

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Velasquez or JDS ? discuss
aussiemma
12/16/12 7:32:17AM
I'm going with cain here. He impressed me so much in his win over antonio silva

If he can just get it down early and tire dos santos out a little, then he has a very good chance of winning. In JDS fight with nelson he tired alot in the 3rd, yes he did try to finish nelson multiple times, but still i think his cardio may be a question if cain can take him to the latter rounds.

key for Cain is to get him down early and do what he does better than anyone, smother and high volume punches and elbows.
shaneTpain
12/16/12 9:15:03AM
Ill avbet anyone who wants Cain. JDS cannot be stopped
sparky
12/16/12 9:22:56AM
JDS

First rd uppercut
george112
12/16/12 9:38:26AM
JDS takes this imo.
Cain is a damn good fighter but I just don't think his standup or his ground game is where JDSs is right now. Plus imo JDS is physically stronger which I think will have a lot to do with this fight . Cain imo is going to try and take him down. Can he do it? Maybe a couple of times but I can't see JDS being controlled or held down by Cain

Just my two cents
MALICE
12/16/12 9:42:10AM
Velasquez has crazy speed for a HW. He has developed the ability to put great combos together combined with his speed as well. He has a good chance of regaining the HW belt, but I believe his biggest weakness is his chin. I think he has a mediocre chin. JDS via dejavu.
JLS1980
12/16/12 10:17:06AM
I'm going with JDS. But I expect a different fight this time around. You have 2 totally different styles going against each other.

Cain is #1 in UFC HW history in TD and TD % and then you have JDS who's only been on his back for 13 seconds.

Cain is gonna want to take JDS down, of course and JDS is gonna want to keep it standing, of course. Whoever can execuate their gameplan will win this fight.

kopower
12/16/12 11:37:52AM

Posted by MALICE

Velasquez has crazy speed for a HW. He has developed the ability to put great combos together combined with his speed as well. He has a good chance of regaining the HW belt, but I believe his biggest weakness is his chin. I think he has a mediocre chin. JDS via dejavu.

Agreed. Cain has been dropped a few times, and JDS has nice power, and crisp striking. If Cain can drag him to the ground, it will definitely make the fight interesting. Slightly favoring JDS due to the aforementioned striking, and td defense.
sbulldavid
12/16/12 1:29:21PM
I don't know which way to go. The better fighter doesn't win as much as they used to, it seems like we have all these Chuck Liddell hybrids dominating again, but we still have these Couture type fighters like Cain in the game as well. The more things change the more they stay the same. I want Cain to win because that is what's best for the division, and I feel he is the best overall fighter in the division, but he doesn't absorb punishment as well as some of the other elite in the division and that is a pretty big liability.
jae_1833
12/16/12 2:05:14PM
It really does come down to who can execute their game plan....I am going with Cain as I don't buy intoa the invincibility of JDS the way I do with Silva, GSP, and Jones.
prozacnation1978
12/16/12 2:35:19PM
Going with Jds

gonna bring Jds shirt to wear at the event
But also bring cains in case he wins I can wear it the next day and not be heckled
frizzzlecake
12/16/12 4:08:03PM
Hmm I don't trust Cain's striking defense and I don't trust Junior defending takedowns.

but the fight start's standing, so I gotta go with JDS. But that may change, there both so good.

Can't wait!
tcunningham
12/16/12 4:32:08PM
i'll probably go with JDS for the win, but i think cain is gonna put up a much better performance than last time.
Chael_Sonnen
12/16/12 5:10:33PM
<Brown Pride> will be a <Brown Spot> after Junior connects - - - rd Deuce

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
/////The Voice of Reason\\\\\
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
cowcatcher
12/16/12 7:02:31PM
It's hard for me to pick against a guy that won in such convincing fashion the first go round. Gotta go with JDS again.
warglory
12/16/12 7:28:40PM
JDS. I love Velasquez, but he just doesn't have the same technique as JDS. Athleticism is definitely in Cain's favor, but what else?
aussiemma
12/17/12 1:07:12AM
wow ! alot of you guys are going with JDS it seems. Absolutely nothing happened in the first fight besides JDS landing one punch...that is it. I really think most of you are selling cain a bit short here.
thevoodooninja
12/17/12 6:06:45AM
I wouldn't mind seeing cain take him down and see what JDS ground game is like. I would like to see JDS get a sub.
spang714
12/18/12 6:05:33PM

Posted by shaneTpain

Ill avbet anyone who wants Cain. JDS cannot be stopped

you sir, have been challenged...its my first av bet so...
crushedbacon
12/20/12 11:48:12AM
I can't believe how many people are taking Junior, I thought there would be more of a mixed opinion. I think Cain's taking that strap. I love Junior, he's one of the true beauty personalities in this sport, radiates a sense of humility that goes along way with me. But... I think Cain's going to walk him down in this fight, and nobody does that to Junior. Granted JDS has solid takedown D, but I would argue he's going to be backpedaling and Cain will be changing the angles of pursuit drastically, Cain's clever and alongside his timing... I think he finds his spot. Have my first AV bet riding on Cain in this one with my boy Gogo.... By far the most intriguing fight of 2012 IMO.
whitiqer
12/29/12 3:20:41PM
thanks
State_Champ
12/29/12 6:09:39PM

Posted by aussiemma

wow ! alot of you guys are going with JDS it seems. Absolutely nothing happened in the first fight besides JDS landing one punch...that is it. I really think most of you are selling cain a bit short here.

I think Cain could definitely win. However, Cain gets hit too much, and JDS has proven hard to hold down.....so I'm picking JDS.