Posted by BunnyHugger
I take offense to your nonsensical post. I've been a vegetarian (almost vegan) for 12 years, and you won't find a paper thin, pasty white hippy. Best thing anyone can do when beginning a vegetarian diet is to do research. Also, most veggie burgers are NOT made out of tofu. I personally find tofu gross. A lot of vegetarian "meats" are now available at your local grocery store. Some include, "chicken breast", "turkey", "roasts", veggie burgers, "brats", "ribs", "sausage" and the list goes on and on. All these items have complete proteins. And most of these items actually have MORE protein than real meat. You can try protein shakes, but personally, I don't like them and I've never needed them. Vegetarian diets give you more energy. Meat diets tend to drag you down. There's a lot of vegetarian atheletes who do very well.
LOL, makes me laugh. Don't accuse people of being nonsensical when your post is filled with nonsense. This comes off as trolling (if I were still a mod I would certainly be running your IP through the search engine) when you sign up and make your first post in the manner of which you did.
1) There is more to meat than just protein. I am unaware of any natural plant based product that contains a higher concentration of protein than meat. IF you know of one, speak up.
2) Vegetarian diets do not give you more energy. There are reasons why many vegetarians are pale, thin and lack strength and energy. They are typically deficient in iron and vitamin B12. Medical doctors know this and it is why they usually test for levels of iron and B12 in vegetarians, but not people with a complete diet. When you do not get enough protein in your diet, your body will steal it from your muscles.
3) If you read my post I do not include all vegetarians in my assessment. One of my best friends has recently gone vegetarian and is strong and healthy. However, he still eats fish, eggs, cheese and drinks milk. I guaruntee you he is not eating the processed garbage that is sold in grocery stores.
4) Meat can slow you down, I agree, if you eat too much. If I eat too much meat I my joints get sore, which is why I don't eat large portions of meat. As I stated in my post, I said that you don't need to eat a lot of meat and that most people eat too much.
5) Protein shakes (with the exception of the few soy based ones) consists of whey powder which is isolated from cow milk. The quality of whey protein is assayed against egg white protein because egg white protein is the highest quality of protein out there.