Vasquez-Marquez Action Packed trilogy!!!

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Vasquez-Marquez Action Packed trilogy!!!
NatedawgThaM
3/6/08 6:44:16AM
I checked the last 3 pages and I didn’t find anything on this and I’m SHOCKED!!!

Did anybody catch any of the three fights between Israel Vasquez and Rafael Marquez? Just sick, Just Sick! I’ve never seen anything like it. It’s an action packed trilogy like Gatti-Ward but there no slugging at all. It’s just like the Morale-Barrera trilogy. These guy ain’t slugging at all, there hitting each other with hard shots using technique! It’s sick! Usually to see fights like this you have to have two sluggers but these guys are so well technically sound that there styles and technique just let them land shot after shot. It’s crazy!

1st Fight- Marquez TKO 7
2nd Fight- Vasquez TKO 6
3rd Fight- Vasquez (CLOSE!)Unanimous Decision

there could be a 4th!!!

Easily three of the best boxing fights I’ve ever seen. Anybody catch any of these? If you haven't check the second fight below, It's only 10 minutes of your time and you won't be disappointed if your a boxing fan, I promise!!!

(Skip 25 seconds into the video because the 1st 25 seconds is just the guy advertising or something)
Vasquez-Marquez II(Fight of the year 2007)
Trapt1nw0nder
3/6/08 9:39:26AM
I always post my opinion of kickass boxing fights,but nobody here gives a shit.....

there are only 4-5 people on this site that truly care about boxing....and the other that do talk about boxing only care if the thread title has Mayweathers name on it.

I for 1 did love that fight..and i even made a thread on the first 2 and i think it only got like 20 views and like 1 reply...

Just unreal what "fight fans" are missing out on.....Ive said it all along...its fights like these that NO MMA fight can compete with.these guys shots were so dead on and landing so crisp the whole fight...every single Jab would knock the others head back.....this was really a battle of will...no clinching...no running...no BS...just two warriors trying to break each other down round by round..

I really was pulling for Marquez,but its just one of those fights where you dont care who wins,cuz for the fans there was no loser....I really think these guys need a break from fighting each other for the 4th time right away...I really wanna see Jhonny Gonzalez rematch with Vazquez now...or even Marquez
Rich78
3/6/08 11:04:07AM
Cheers for the link man, I haven't managed to see any of these fights, so I'll check it out when I get home.

Yeah, I'm also surprised at how little boxing threads there are on here in general. I know trapt1wonder and I had a decent discussion regarding the PBF (just to clarify his point lol) and Hatton fight a while ago.

Being in the UK though, its sometimes hard to see some of these figths. On the flipside, I'm well up for the Haye v Maccarenelli fight this weekend, but not sure how much coverage it would have got stateside?

Also looking forward to Pacman v Marquez II next week, but not sure if it's being broadcast over here, same goes for Woods v Tarver. These are merely warm up viewing though for Calzaghes iminent destruction of B-Hop

Kpro
3/6/08 2:26:49PM
I've seen all 3 and watch boxing religiously right along with MMA but as has been said, this site doesn't really have the forum or members for big discussions on boxing that I've seen.

I know I could go for a 4th though
Kpro
3/6/08 2:29:34PM
Speaking of boxing; this Saturday Boxing is 6:30-9:00 on HBO (Maskaev vs. Peter), 9:00-10:30 on Showtime (Haye vs. Maccarinelli), and Cage Rage is 10:30-1:00 on Showtime (Shamrock vs. Berry).

6 1/2 hours of fight sports without time to hit a beer run.

You can guarantee I'll be prepared.
loller90278
3/6/08 5:18:09PM
isn't manny pacquio (butchered his last name) supposed to be fighting vasquez soon or something ??

NatedawgThaM
3/6/08 6:58:24PM

Posted by loller90278

isn't manny pacquio (butchered his last name) supposed to be fighting vasquez soon or something ??

I believe it's next weekend and I can't wait from what happened last time!!! Another war but I think Pacman gets the KO win this time!
Trapt1nw0nder
3/7/08 9:06:12AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by loller90278

I believe it's next weekend and I can't wait from what happened last time!!! Another war but I think Pacman gets the KO win this time!

I say Marquez takes it this time....Marquez is a totally different fighter since he fought him last.....Marquez used to be a pure boxer,but now he knows he has to take chances and really be exciting if he wants to make the big bucks...

I say if Marquez lands a good shot he should follow it up right away with an other,cuz Manny always raises his hands up in the air to taunt his opponents right after he gets caught...

how about a avatar bet? but none of that gay shit with half naked guys as avatars...we have enough of those out there...
pv3Hpv3p
3/11/08 6:25:20PM
just watche dthe third fight in the trilogy and was utterly amazed...

One of the best fights I have seen in a looooong time...

I thought the decision was spot on though... Not sure what was holding Marquez up during the 12th??? What a war though, props to both guys... and to the thread starter