Varner vs. Healy to meet at UFC on Fox 9

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Varner vs. Healy to meet at UFC on Fox 9
FastKnockout
10/6/13 6:50:21PM
Another good lightweight fight has been added to UFC on Fox 9 in December.

Link
sparky
10/6/13 6:56:44PM
Great match up

The LW division is so damn STACKED
prozacnation1978
10/6/13 7:12:08PM
With the reem vs Mir fight moved
I still think the UFC needs to add a big fight to the card

This could have been a decent replacement
sparky
10/6/13 7:49:56PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

In my opinion Healy vs Varner is not even close to as big of a fight as Mir vs Overeem.

Healy vs Varner should be a tv prelim at best. Mir vs Overeem is co main event material on a lot of cards. At the very least a ppv fight.
DrivenDavies15
10/6/13 8:10:08PM
FOX 9 is STACKED.

I'm super fucking jealous of anyone going to this. I would buy floor seats if this if this was in my area.
I think this is a tough fight for Varner but both guys are solid vets and tough as nails. Another FOTN contender
prozacnation1978
10/6/13 8:23:22PM

Posted by sparky

In my opinion Healy vs Varner is not even close to as big of a fight as Mir vs Overeem.

Healy vs Varner should be a tv prelim at best. Mir vs Overeem is co main event material on a lot of cards. At the very least a ppv fight.

I know that. I know the UFC won't add a big fight. But this fight would be decent replacement instead of nothing.
sparky
10/7/13 12:45:04AM

Posted by sparky

I know that. I know the UFC won't add a big fight. But this fight would be decent replacement instead of nothing.

Very true any added fight is always a plus
Dberntson
10/7/13 4:30:24PM
This is a good fight. I'm glad Varner worked is way back into the UFC after that tough run he had a year or two ago.
BillsNewAccount
10/7/13 6:04:43PM

Posted by Dberntson

This is a good fight. I'm glad Varner worked is way back into the UFC after that tough run he had a year or two ago.

I despise Varner. That said I'm glad he's in the UFC. I love to hate this dude.
aussiemma
10/8/13 6:31:17AM
I think this is a tough one for Varner, he's shown to gas in his last 2 fights when the guy keeps constant pressure on him, and this is exactly what Healy loves to do.

I think clear ud for Healy.