Vale Tudo

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Vale Tudo
POLL: Do you like Vale Tudo?
Yes 89% (25)
No 11% (3)
puppetmaster837
7/3/08 2:40:31PM
I just got IVC 6 & 7 and it made me realize i love vale tudo. These days its all about fighter safety and well being so this is kind of shunned, but come on, those guys are savage. Chuck vs Pele was sick, and Ebenezer Fontes Braga submitting Brandon Lee Hinkle with a triangle where his legs were out of the ropes. So what do you guys think about vale tudo fighting?
ThaAxeMurderer7
7/3/08 3:27:28PM
I personally like it, but I don't think it should be easily accessible to the public. I feel if someone is really interested in it then they can take the time to go out of their way and find it. But yeah, there is something about the savagery and brutality that makes me want to watch it. I know a lot of people who are ashamed to admit they love violence but I am definately not one of those people.
mrsmiley
7/3/08 8:22:13PM
I like it.I think their should always be an org like that around just to pay respect to the sports Wild West days.I know people will say that's bad for the sport,but I guess you can call me a purist.
warglory
7/3/08 11:13:07PM
Realistically, there were a few more broken hands and more blood, but other than that, have things really changed all that much? Yes the rules are different for fighter's safety, but I don't think the sport is any less brutal to be honest.
mrsmiley
7/5/08 9:42:35AM
since the fighters have evovled into actual atheletes not that much
Mastodon2
7/5/08 11:18:21AM
I love it. Great stuff to watch, "Ultimate fighting Championship" is a bit of a misnomer imo since there are so many rules and regulations its not really a fight anymore, no more than your average boxing match, where as Vale Tudo is much closer to real fighting. Japanese MMA with its head kicking and stomp rules is the best rule set for MMA I reckon, in particular I feel the rule set the UFC popularised, along with the cage and the wrestling biased rules (where a takedown that does no damage is worth as much as or more than damaging strikes) have diluted the "Fighting" in American MMA to the point where it's just a sport and not a fight anymore. Of course, Vale Tudo will never be a mainstream product with a brand name you can slap on a lunch box like UFC, but it has its place.
JimiMak
7/5/08 11:25:13AM
this was true NHB and real MMA. Tho it would never fly in the US it is the way the sport should be handled everywhere and always.
MFOTHER
7/5/08 11:56:53AM

Posted by puppetmaster837

I just got IVC 6 & 7 and it made me realize i love vale tudo. These days its all about fighter safety and well being so this is kind of shunned, but come on, those guys are savage. Chuck vs Pele was sick, and Ebenezer Fontes Braga submitting Brandon Lee Hinkle with a triangle where his legs were out of the ropes. So what do you guys think about vale tudo fighting?

did you get them online?? i cant really find many......
puppetmaster837
7/5/08 2:55:52PM

Posted by MFOTHER

Posted by puppetmaster837

did you get them online?? i cant really find many......

Link

That is the link for all their IVC dvds, there are 7.