Anybody got any usefull methods of getting to sleep?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Anybody got any usefull methods of getting to sleep?
Next Page »
Aaronno9
9/13/09 7:20:07PM
I just broke up with my girlfriend of 3 1/2 years, but I wont go into that here. Anyways, over the last 4 days ive had like 5 hours sleep. Anybody got any good techniques they use when you cant sleep? I just want to rest my head. Any tips will be much appriciated.
hotrodttt
9/13/09 7:26:37PM
Not trying to kill you or nothing but 2 tylenol pm's won't hurt, they'll make you drowsy so just put on your favorite show or something lay your head on the pillow and it's done. Snooz time baby
D0wnUnd6e6r
9/13/09 7:34:48PM

Posted by hotrodttt

Not trying to kill you or nothing but 2 tylenol pm's won't hurt, they'll make you drowsy so just put on your favorite show or something lay your head on the pillow and it's done. Snooz time baby

beat me to it, also you can try some benadryl, works awesomely well. All i can say is ive been there too and stuff like that unfortunately happens. You'll get past it soon enough, just try and keep yourself/head busy.
sclasclemski
9/13/09 7:43:42PM
pot...or some liqour(a decent rum over ice..couple a glasses and you'll drift into sleep watching tv)...not the most healthful of options but they have been known to work for me in the past.
kopower
9/13/09 7:47:36PM
I would say have a beer but due to the circumstances that probably wouldn't be a great idea. For some reason if I have a beer at home I always get sleepy. I agree with the Benadryl though.
Rush
9/13/09 7:49:17PM
Masturbation
sclasclemski
9/13/09 7:50:22PM

Posted by Rush

Masturbation

You know I was going to mention that as well but I decided against it...regardless...I agree.
bojangalz
9/13/09 7:53:04PM
It's not too often I get a full night's sleep anymore. But every so often (like once a year now with the family and all) I like to chase some tylenol PM with a swig of nyquil (preferably the green death flavor). My only advise is; don't make any plans... You're gonna be there for a while.

And truth be told, you're probably going to feel like crap for the first hour or so after you wake up. But that whole space in between is like a friggin vacation.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
9/13/09 7:55:15PM
bong hit , wank , cold shower .
loller90278
9/13/09 9:01:27PM
what ive done in the past is drink a LOT of nyquil RIGHT BEFORE you run a mile.

im so tired when i get home i knock out asap
postman
9/13/09 9:02:24PM
I find if I work out real good in the early evening I'm pretty dead around 11:30 or so. All the above work also. Ambian (spelling) is unreal too. A good Anti depresent works too.
gartface
9/13/09 9:06:40PM
Play a good game of soccer in the morning and then just go about your business throughout the day. You'll be dead come time to sleep. That's what I do when I have to work early mornings.
Nightmare27
9/13/09 9:13:54PM
Smoke a blunt or two, thats what I'd do.
Aaronno9
9/13/09 9:24:28PM
Thanks for all the input. Ive cancelled out alchol and weed - Even though it might help me sleep booze just makes me feel worse. And weed just isnt availabe round here unless you have connections I dont.

Joking aside, Masturbation is helpful - Its the only time my mind comes away from the breakup.

I just popped a few allergy pills. Im going to put my head down now and see what happens. Hopefully my next post on here will be at least 8 hours away!
Rush
9/13/09 9:42:06PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Joking aside, Masturbation is helpful - Its the only time my mind comes away from the breakup.

I was being serious when I posted that. When men have an orgasm, certain hormones are released, one being prolactin, which essentially causes the "refractory" phase. It contributes to lowering your heart rate, which of course is good for falling asleep.

Stuf like Nyquil can be good, but it can also be addictive. I would use it once if you have to, no more.

If TV is your thing, I've heard that watching poker tournaments with the volume low is also a good narcotic.
Shawn91111
9/13/09 10:40:28PM
I have to flip flop my schedule from overnights back to days 2x a week, so sometimes I sleep from 9pm-6am..wake until 9am then right back to sleep until 4pm..not easy to sleep another 8 hrs after you just slept 8hrs..so Nyquil helps..ive used it for over 3 years and its not everyday..Its only when I really need it, sometimes I can go weeks without needing it, but sometimes its needed.
Wallass
9/13/09 11:31:10PM
Masturbation and Weed were my suggestions but I know the the Anderson vs Leites fight will put you sound asleep zzzzzz.
TimW001
9/13/09 11:33:45PM
Do some exercising during the day. Masturbate before you sleep.

I give you my word.
Jackelope
9/13/09 11:42:48PM
I'd say some good exercise is your best bet. Not only will it make you feel better about yourself and the whole breakup, but you will sleep much more sound if you've worked your body to the point that it absolutely NEEDS rest.

Masturbation is DEFINITELY a must, and I'm also being dead serious. It helps with this kind of break up **** a lot. I went through a period of time similar to what you are going through, and found that exercise combined with keeping your mind busy all day is the number one cure. Just get involved with some things, and focus all your energy, but positive and negative, on something that will help push you along in life. It's rough, but you can do it
loller90278
9/14/09 12:50:08AM
if you just broke up with your gf you dont need sleep.. you need to bang hookers. and LOTS of them!
bojangalz
9/14/09 4:43:23AM
I was thinking more about this. Now that you don't have the GF, and you can't sleep maybe you should just get another job.

1. Think of the extra bank, you're not spending money on her anymore, and you're actually bringing additional money in.

2. Who knows who you'll meet, maybe someone to take your mind off the last one.

I've got a stay-at-home wife who takes care of our children. So I've got a full time job and three part time gigs. It sucked for the first few weeks, but I've been working between 60-70 hours a week for the almost three years now. It's not as bad as it seems (as long as you're doing work that you enjoy). It'll take your mind off the previous relationship real quick. And you'll be able to set some real nice financial goals for yourself in the mean time.

Aside from that, a regular workout is an absolute must. I try to squeeze in about an hour a day at least five times a week. You'll feel like a whole new person. And if you pick your gym right, their's bound to be some tail running around there to ease your pain as well.

Good luck to ya bro. I'm certain you'll be a better person for it all once the dust settles.
emfleek
9/14/09 8:26:22AM
Watch a Chicago Bears game.
pv3Hpv3p
9/14/09 10:46:59AM
To be honest... When I had a similar problem... I would make speghetti sauce from scratch... There was just something soothing about the smell er something... I know it sounds goofy, but the most important thing to do is stop your mind from beating yourself up, and this was a good technique for me... That and I had a dozen jars of homemade speghetti sauce in the fridge at all times... Maybe cooking isn't your thing, but find something that is and it'll all get better with time
emfleek
9/14/09 10:56:21AM
STEP 1: Visit strip club.
STEP 2: Use the "stripper smell" as jerkin' material when you get home.*
STEP 3: Sleep like a baby.

* Don't act innocent. We've all done it!
Aaronno9
9/14/09 11:47:56AM
I went out and raced a little BMX this morning. Havent done it since I was about 14. It was awesome. Also, since Tuesday ive lost a stone, which is probably not healthy at all but im just trying to take some positives at the moment.

Im actually feeling a little sleepy and hungry already and its only 16.45 over here. Thanks for all the advice guys.
KaibaThedon
9/14/09 11:48:13AM

Posted by emfleek

STEP 1: Visit strip club.
STEP 2: Use the "stripper smell" as jerkin' material when you get home.*
STEP 3: Sleep like a baby.

LOL the smell from inside Sapphire's in Vegas is still fresh in my brain LOL

If you ruled out weed and alcohol Arronno9, the only thing left is drink warm milk, jerk the jerk and fall asleep.
TimW001
9/18/09 10:29:33PM

Posted by Aaronno9
Also, since Tuesday ive lost a stone, which is probably not healthy .

Did what?
CanadianCripplr
9/20/09 3:06:07AM
Lost weight, a stone in the UK.
See your Doc, he can give you meds if you are really needing.Lots of different kinds available. If you were in Canada Id mail you a few....
Boo_Radley21
9/20/09 10:29:04PM
I know it's already been mentioned, but seriously, a nice fresh green bowl like an hour before you wanna go to bed will do it. Don't smoke and go right to bed, cause you'll be high and not sleep, plus its a hardcore waste of weed lol. Smoke, and then when you burn out it's the best sleep of your life.
george112
9/21/09 10:16:44PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

I know it's already been mentioned, but seriously, a nice fresh green bowl like an hour before you wanna go to bed will do it. Don't smoke and go right to bed, cause you'll be high and not sleep, plus its a hardcore waste of weed lol. Smoke, and then when you burn out it's the best sleep of your life.

i second this.

this is how i fall asleep every night.no kidding.

it really will knock you out.wake up in the morning with a little after taste though.but thats mostly due to all the food i eat right before i crash.nothing a toothbrush cant fix though.a hot shower the next morning feels like heaven.

i dont know your reasons for not wanting to try marijuana.but i have to say its the most effective thing for me by far.

tylenol pms and nyquil get me to sleep.but the sleep i have is absolutely horrible.tossing and turning all night.waking up in cold sweats.the worst.also ive tried herbal teas and valerian root.but they both did nothing for me.plus valerian root is speculated to cause heart palpations.not good
Pages: [1] 2