Uscola vs. Attonito

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » Uscola vs. Attonito
BlueSkiesBurn
4/22/10 4:33:05AM
For those that watched last night I thought I'd get your take on the outcome. To me Attonito's knees were clearly down though I will say I watched over and over and couldn't tell if anything connected to the face. The end all-be all here is does Uscola deserve a potential wild-card spot? Uscola should have known better than to throw those knees but I cannot say, definitively, that I could see anything that was potent enough to stop the fight. Maybe I have a hard head but that didn't look bad enough for him to be unable to continue.
emfleek
4/22/10 9:07:45AM
I personally didn't think the knees connected with his head. The first one seemed to hit him in the chest and the 2nd looked to me as though it missed completely. BUT...it was REAAAAAAALLY close and, in the moment, definitely looked to have hit him in the face.
Khaos
4/22/10 11:58:39AM
I saw the first land to the chaest, and like emfllek said, saw the second completely miss. I feel the fight should have continued, and shouldn't have been stopped at all. But Attonito got his just desserts if he was faking being hurt, though I am not saying he did.
gartface
4/22/10 12:39:26PM

Posted by Khaos

I saw the first land to the chaest, and like emfllek said, saw the second completely miss. I feel the fight should have continued, and shouldn't have been stopped at all. But Attonito got his just desserts if he was faking being hurt, though I am not saying he did.

Not so sure he was faking hurt. Taking a knee like that to the upper body period can be enough to jar someone.

Uscola definitely deserves a wildcard spot. I felt he was going to come back and win that fight, Rich looked gassed.
sbulldavid
4/22/10 1:53:38PM
Maybe he deserves a wilcard spot. I only looked at the knee a few times but if it landed at all , it grazed his forehead , I think the fight should have went on, I didn't see any fog in his eyes and I didn't see any physical evidence after to suggest he caught a knee.
jae_1833
4/22/10 3:01:15PM
I think the knee came into contact with his chest and hand that he brought up to defend himself with...the hand flailed about a little there and that made it look worse than it was IMO. The only thing I can say though is good job by the ref....it took slow-mo replay for me to make a clear decision and he erred on the side of safety. Uscola should definately be a wildcard....but I don't think it will matter, not sure if he is UFC caliber.
BlueSkiesBurn
4/22/10 3:42:01PM
I watched it again today and I have to agree with Emfleek, the second knee looks like it completely misses if not BARELY grazing.

One a side note, wasn't Uscola supposed to have the better wrestling pedigree?
BeeR
4/22/10 3:44:36PM
the second knee landed to the right hand, maybe thats what broke it.

That would just be karma for milking the situation lol.