USC fires student manager for deflating game balls

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » USC fires student manager for deflating game balls
prophecy033
11/8/12 1:31:50PM
USC fired a student manager for deflating five game balls below regulation levels for theĀ USC-OregonĀ game last Saturday, the school announced late Wednesday

The manager, who was not named, admitted to deflating footballs used in the game, according to a report on the school's website. In the report, USC said no coaches, players, staffers or administrators had any knowledge of the manager's actions, which reportedly took place after game officials tested the balls well before kickoff.

Link
Bubbles
11/8/12 1:45:21PM
this is the reason why 1000 points were scored? I raise a Spockian eyebrow

george112
11/8/12 1:47:08PM
That's a pretty damn serious thing to do imo. USC not being aware of it will theoretically help them in this situation but it was THEIR manager that did it and we all know guilty by association applies to a lot of stuff
prophecy033
11/8/12 1:58:30PM

Posted by Bubbles

this is the reason why 1000 points were scored? I raise a Spockian eyebrow

62 wasn't even the most we've scored this year
Chael_Sonnen
11/8/12 2:16:47PM
Speaking of a deflated team.....USC - - - where the S stands for SUCK, they should fire 'ole Laney boy.

Oregon = Nat'l Champs
airkerma
11/8/12 2:40:12PM

Speaking of a deflated team.....USC - - - where the S stands for SUCK, they should fire 'ole Laney boy.

Damn took the words out of my mouth. They truly are a deflated team, especially after being touted to be astronomically better than they really are.

Oregon = Nat'l Champs

I didn't realize the SEC decided to concede the rest of their games.
prophecy033
11/8/12 2:42:40PM

Posted by airkerma

Damn took the words out of my mouth. They truly are a deflated team, especially after being touted to be astronomically better than they really are.

Oregon = Nat'l Champs

I didn't realize the SEC decided to concede the rest of their games.

I think by SEC you mean Bama
airkerma
11/8/12 2:45:33PM
I also mean Georgia, Florida, and LSU
prophecy033
11/8/12 2:48:19PM

Posted by airkerma

Georgia has a chance if they beat Bama but a lot would have ro happen for the others to get in to the game. SEac is King but they will eventually lose, not saying it will be Oregon that beats them vut all good things come to an end
Ordep
11/8/12 11:55:58PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by airkerma

Georgia has a chance if they beat Bama but a lot would have ro happen for the others to get in to the game. SEac is King but they will eventually lose, not saying it will be Oregon that beats them vut all good things come to an end

I want my Dawgs to beat Bama so bad but not to go to the BCSCG because I don't see Oregon or KSU losing and if they are undefeated and UGA jumps them it'll be unfair and I'll be the first to admit that. Anyways, that's the reason I want UGA to win (as always of course) is just to create some BCS "chaos" and bring home the SEC Championship and hopefully the Sugar Bowl.
Ordep
11/8/12 11:57:49PM
That's not gonna happen anyways. Mark Richt is miserable in preparing this team for big games. The tide will roll and roll and roll all over us.