USA TODAY's Best of 2008 MMA

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » USA TODAY's Best of 2008 MMA
WWBJD
1/6/09 2:12:31AM
Never saw this posted....surprises me how much mainstream coverage of the sport gets overlooked nowadays when it wasnt so long ago people were crying bc there wasnt enough

Link
RNC
1/6/09 3:51:43AM
KNOCKOUT OF THE YEAR: Rashad Evans vs. Chuck Liddell, UFC 88

"Liddell, unconscious before he hit the floor, fell so heavily that his torso and head bounced off the canvas before he ended up twisted facedown and chest against the mat."

I don't think Liddell will ever come back after this knock out. I don't think he will sell out anything close to what he used to now either. Rashad found the hill, and he threw Chuck over it.
grappler0000
1/6/09 7:08:07AM
Solid article
ohiostate1016
1/6/09 9:45:34AM
I agree. That is a solid article.

That's the type of stuff that I want to be doing one day, and if I can do it for a publication like USA Today, then that would be even better.
postman
1/6/09 11:31:13AM

Posted by ohiostate1016

I agree. That is a solid article.

That's the type of stuff that I want to be doing one day, and if I can do it for a publication like USA Today, then that would be even better.

Yeah I read some of your stuff you still putting stuff out?

As for this article all I can say is WOW its like it came from MMA Junkie or something. It didn't simply focus on UFC and a little WEC it saw that Elite XC was junk and didn't bother to mention them or Kimbo great article. Can't belive the source!
Manfred
1/7/09 4:39:46AM
Finally Palhares' armbar from back control gets some love

bls1919
1/7/09 7:47:43PM
Man that was a great article from a very mainstream source. i liked how it was more than just the UFC But i have to disagree with their KO of the year. i believe that came at the final moments of the new year. Manhoef KOing the rockheaded Mark hunt.
Kpro
1/7/09 7:51:57PM
A little off-topic but Sherdog had a poll on yesterday regarding Knockout of the year and had about 7 options and Manhoef/Hunt and Rampage/Wandy both weren't there and some of their options were very very weak in comparison.
Pitbull09
1/7/09 9:12:59PM

Posted by RNC

KNOCKOUT OF THE YEAR: Rashad Evans vs. Chuck Liddell, UFC 88

"Liddell, unconscious before he hit the floor, fell so heavily that his torso and head bounced off the canvas before he ended up twisted facedown and chest against the mat."

I don't think Liddell will ever come back after this knock out. I don't think he will sell out anything close to what he used to now either. Rashad found the hill, and he threw Chuck over it.

Yea, soem fighters never are the same after KO's like that and a guy like Chuck who is near the end of his career is going to have a really hard time overcoming it.
jiujitsufreak74
1/7/09 9:17:24PM
wow, that was probably the best article i have read on MMA...and it was in USA Today. i am very impressed
Pitbull09
1/7/09 9:46:05PM
Yea, that was a great article. One of the best from the crap other major news sites have had

USA Today
The_Metal_Maniac
1/8/09 7:50:30AM
I like Anthony Johnsons knock out of Tommy Speer for knock out of the year.