USA VS BRAZIL FIFA Confederations Cup Finals

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » USA VS BRAZIL FIFA Confederations Cup Finals
POLL: Does team USA stand a chance in the World Cup?
Hell Yes, USA! USA! 25% (5)
No, the U.S. team still has a long way to go 20% (4)
If they get lucky. 20% (4)
Soccer is stupid 15% (3)
"Ya know the rest of the world calls it Football" 20% (4)
fizzle
6/28/09 3:25:18PM
Well it just got to half time on my broadcast and USA is up 2-0 with goals in the 10th and 27th minutes approximately. This is blowing my mind. First we beat Spain, now we are a mere 45 minutes away from beating another of the titans of international play. This bodes well for the World Cup next year. What are your thoughts in this?

Well Brazil comes out of the gates in the second half with guns blazing and Fabiano scores in the 46th minute and the 74th minute to tie the game. Lucio scores with a header in the 84th to give Brazil the win 2-3 in the FIFA Confederations Cup.
Twenty20Dollars
6/28/09 6:38:53PM
very disapointing....
fizzle
6/29/09 1:39:41AM
I agree it was very disappointing. I do however feel that our victory over number one ranked Spain 2-0 and our improvement from the 0-3 loss the U.S. suffered to Brazil early on in the CC shows that the U.S. is improving and begining to function as a cohesive squad that can challenge on the national level. There is a lot of work left to do, but I think we'll see an even better U.S. squad come next year when the World Cup kicks off.
loller90278
6/29/09 3:09:30AM
i still cant comprehend why futbol isn't a huge sport in america. It's so much more entertaining than american baseball and football (to me).

billycarnage
6/29/09 11:50:26AM

Posted by loller90278

i still cant comprehend why futbol isn't a huge sport in america. It's so much more entertaining than american baseball and football (to me).

Apparently not in America.
I was outta my seat for the first half but what a let down. It should have been 4-2 even. The buzzing really made it difficult to watch. I am excited for the World Cup... minus the gazoo's
fizzle
6/29/09 1:08:45PM
Those plastic horns pretty much have to be one of the most annoying inventions ever given to sports fans. "Hey, I've got an idea, why don't we give the idiots sitting around drinking a way to make themselves louder and more obnoxious!"