How do I find the URL of a specific post?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » How do I find the URL of a specific post?
AchillesHeel
10/16/07 10:47:01AM
In another thread, I wanted to link to a particular post in yet another thread.

I can get the URL for the _thread_ simply by opening it in another window, but I can't figure out how to get the URL for the individual post.
Violentcuv
10/16/07 12:18:07PM
what post # on what topic are you trying to do this for??

I think I can figure it out but can't really explain it. I'm just use to looking thru code and I see how they produce the URL for each indivual post.
tuvok500
10/16/07 5:09:29PM
you can't link a specific post directly, you have to link the thread and mention in some word what post it is and who posted it.

well, this is the way i see it man !!

Violentcuv
10/16/07 6:01:12PM

Posted by tuvok500

you can't link a specific post directly, you have to link the thread and mention in some word what post it is and who posted it.

Sure you can

See Click Here
tuvok500
10/16/07 7:26:23PM

Posted by Violentcuv

Posted by tuvok500

Sure you can

See Click Here

LOL man !!!

how did you do that ? CORRECTION READ MY OTHER POST BELOW !!

tuvok500
10/16/07 7:29:56PM
LOL !! i have done it man !!

you have to add the # of the post at the end of the url,or take the url by cliking on the link in the profile of the guy.
also , you can see the number of the post by editing your post but you can't see it on another guy post !!

the # of the post is not 1 or 2 or 3 , but a 6 didgit number. so after html you add #P******

LOL

my post on another thread

and this is 1 of yours !!!
Violentcuv
10/16/07 9:01:01PM

Posted by tuvok500

you have to add the # of the post at the end of the url,or take the url by cliking on the link in the profile of the guy.
also , you can see the number of the post by editing your post but you can't see it on another guy post !!

the # of the post is not 1 or 2 or 3 , but a 6 didgit number. so after html you add #P******

LOL

It is the # of the post but you cant find that info for someone else's posts past their last 10. It's a totally random number so thats how you dont know what the six digit number is. If it was one of your last 10 posts you can look at it in your profile, but if you wanted to know someone else's ID number to highlight that post it would be impossible to figure out what that 6 digit number would be. You can get it by doing a View Source and finding it there amongst all the extra code. Thats the only way I could see how to get the 6 digit numbet that you add to the end to make it highlight someone's indivual post.
tuvok500
10/16/07 9:31:26PM

Posted by Violentcuv

Posted by tuvok500

LOL

It is the # of the post but you cant find that info for someone else's posts past their last 10. It's a totally random number so thats how you dont know what the six digit number is. If it was one of your last 10 posts you can look at it in your profile, but if you wanted to know someone else's ID number to highlight that post it would be impossible to figure out what that 6 digit number would be. You can get it by doing a View Source and finding it there amongst all the extra code. Thats the only way I could see how to get the 6 digit numbet that you add to the end to make it highlight someone's indivual post.

yeah, i know !!

if the post of the other guy is no longer one of his last 10, you are pretty screw !!!
the source is always a possiblity but , i will simply forget that if the post is no longer in the last 10.
but if it is one of yours, you can always see the # by simply cliking on edited your post , and the number will be at the end of the url at the top on firefox !!