Urijah Faber Okie Doke?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Urijah Faber Okie Doke?
FrankTheTank1181
6/3/08 11:04:54PM
Not sure when it happened, but at one point in the fight it looked like it. Jens hit him with a big shot and he kinda fell back toward the cage. It appeared he was rocked then came forward with a big shot or 2 or his own? Not sure if he just recovered fast or was tryin to lure Jens in, which was my first thought. Any other thoughts?
gartface
6/3/08 11:10:00PM
I noticed it too, but I think he was just trying to back Jens up from trying to rush in. I think that the right hand was working so well to keep Jens backing up during the fight, that he instinctively went to it.
*shrugs* Good observation though.
holt8081
6/3/08 11:13:03PM
They both got rocked in that fight.
FrankTheTank1181
6/3/08 11:14:30PM
Yeah that's what I thought too, but it popped into my head so fast. Glad to see I'm not crazy and someone else noticed it
gartface
6/3/08 11:16:37PM

Posted by FrankTheTank1181

Yeah that's what I thought too, but it popped into my head so fast. Glad to see I'm not crazy and someone else noticed it

There were a few times that Faber was dazed into falling into the cage, but immediately pounced back up. And a few times that he was dazed into turning his back and "running away" (not like Kalib Starnes).
cloppio
6/4/08 2:08:59AM
yeah they both got rocked. i think faber got is nose broken. i can't remember what round 3rd maybe? jens caught him clean on the nose, after that he kept touching it. just my thoughts, anyway, it was an awesome fight...two warriors
dannyfrank
6/4/08 8:27:23AM
yeah, i noticed that too. im thinking that faber just got stunned for a second and then immediately got back in the fight. i think this was an impressive fight for both jens and faber
The_Italian_Stallion
6/4/08 12:09:11PM
I think Urijah is far more than okie doke... I think he's amazing!