Urijah Faber vs Mike Brown WEC 36 fight possible on September 10

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Urijah Faber vs Mike Brown WEC 36 fight possible on September 10
MMAcca
7/2/08 1:52:00PM
After his career-defining win over Jens Pulver, Urijah Faber (21-1) will likely return to the cage to defend his WEC featherweight title against Mike Brown at WEC 36 on September 10, according to MMAWeekly.com.

“The California Kid” outstruck and outwrestled “Lil Evil” for five rounds at WEC 34 last month en route to a unanimous decision victory over the former UFC champion. He was clearly the faster fighter and had Pulver hurt in the second round, demonstrating that his striking prowess has caught up with his superb wrestling pedigree.

LINK
xphycorx
7/2/08 2:04:17PM
brown is a good fighter, but faber is just too good! i want him to fight kid so a lot of people on here will realize he is the undisputed #1 featherweight in the world. war cali kid!
wolfman
7/2/08 2:34:44PM
I like Brown and hope he beats Faber, but I just don't see it happening.
goatse
7/2/08 2:39:14PM
Urijah needs to go to a new league. No one in the wec is going to be a name that will give him any clout, in fact until he loses to someone there no one will be as famous as him
hotrodttt
7/2/08 3:13:23PM
Tough Test for Urijah, He might be out wrestled in this Fight, but I think he'll do something Crazy like a Throw and Take Brown's back and Rear Naked Choke him to a Victory.
jay98107
7/2/08 4:33:59PM

Posted by xphycorx

brown is a good fighter, but faber is just too good! i want him to fight kid so a lot of people on here will realize he is the undisputed #1 featherweight in the world. war cali kid!

too bad that if that fight ever happened we would see that Kid is the #1 FW in the world
Vote4Fedro
7/2/08 5:12:30PM

Posted by jay98107

Posted by xphycorx

too bad that if that fight ever happened we would see that Kid is the #1 FW in the world

Kid never fights anymore. Faber by murder
krthll1
7/2/08 6:57:42PM

Posted by hotrodttt

Tough Test for Urijah, He might be out wrestled in this Fight, but I think he'll do something Crazy like a Throw and Take Brown's back and Rear Naked Choke him to a Victory.

Brown's definitely a good fighter. No slouch at all. He already beat a top ten featherweight so can he bring another one down? probably not but should be a good fight.
PaleHorse
7/2/08 10:52:41PM
Most people didn't see Alexandre Noguiera fight back at Faber vs. Pulver because it was a prelim, but just to let you know, the guy fights like Kalib Starnes, hopefully Jens will just quickly knock him out like the guy who faught Noguiera last time had to. The crowd was chanting "FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!" because it was one pressing and one running away, Noguiera being the one who ran away. As for Faber vs. Brown, just another day at work for Urijah, I don't think they're going to be finding many challenges for this guy anymore, like I've said over and over again, the only person left is Norifumi Yamamoto.
bullettdodger
7/3/08 12:59:37AM
Can't say i see Faber having very much trouble with Mike Brown...
rabbit915
7/3/08 8:46:31AM

Posted by bullettdodger

Mike Brown may not have great name recognition but hes a very good fighter. Hes got wins over Mark Homonick, Yves Edwards, and Jeff Curran. All of his losses are to very good fighters as well: Hermes Franca, Joe Lauzon, Genki Sudo, and Masakazu Imanari (who is a top 5 FW and until just recently DEEP FW champion).
bullettdodger
7/3/08 3:04:58PM

Posted by rabbit915

Posted by bullettdodger

Mike Brown may not have great name recognition but hes a very good fighter. Hes got wins over Mark Homonick, Yves Edwards, and Jeff Curran. All of his losses are to very good fighters as well: Hermes Franca, Joe Lauzon, Genki Sudo, and Masakazu Imanari (who is a top 5 FW and until just recently DEEP FW champion).

Nothing against Brown, i just don't see anyone short of Kid, Tyson rematch, or a Pulver rematch giving Faber any trouble
BionicIng
8/17/08 7:22:58AM
good fight, brown is outclassed but, "any given sunday" as they say.
would have to be a hell of a sunday.
i admire brown's skills though