Urijah Faber Jens Pulver video training for WEC fight and more

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Urijah Faber Jens Pulver video training for WEC fight and more
SmileR
5/19/08 11:58:50AM
Its a good insight into both the fighters! I can't wait for this fight!!!!!!

Link
imanidiot777
5/19/08 12:17:14PM
Good video, looks like EliteXC may not be around very long if they keep losing tens of millions of dollars as they said on here. I also definitely want some of the better guys in WEC to move to UFC, such as Carlos Condit, or Marshall and Stann in the LHW division.
silverbullet
5/19/08 1:29:47PM
I still don't get the idea of WEC and UFC being a part of the same promotion and having overlapping weight classes
juanez13
5/19/08 1:50:53PM

Posted by imanidiot777

Good video, looks like EliteXC may not be around very long if they keep losing tens of millions of dollars as they said on here. I also definitely want some of the better guys in WEC to move to UFC, such as Carlos Condit, or Marshall and Stann in the LHW division.

apparently Proelite/EXC are betting the Farm on CBS, if they dont succeed they might call it quits.
whardin19
5/19/08 2:45:52PM
Good video. I find it interesting that Faber is training with Penn and Lauzon. I was thinking about taking Pulver in that fight. But now that I heard that I have doubt. As for WEC getting rid of the higher weight classes is a smart idea. The talent is thin in those divisions for them. So sending there better fighters in those weight classes to the UFC is smart.
The-Don
5/19/08 5:17:36PM

Posted by silverbullet

I still don't get the idea of WEC and UFC being a part of the same promotion and having overlapping weight classes

I read something earlier today, an interview with Dana white what they want to do is make the UF for the bigger guys I think he said Middle weights and up... and leave the WEC for the smaller guys... this would involve some big roster changes but make promotional stuff easier I would guess... plus it would give more depth to all the weight classes.. plus only one title in each weight class at least as far as hte WEC and UFC are concerned
The-Don
5/19/08 5:20:23PM
for this fight.. I like both fighters I am picking Jens but what I like most about this is is both fighters are showing each other alot of respect.. not bad mouthing each other I think this is going to be in the top 10 all time fights.. at least it has hte makings of it
Cdellorso
5/19/08 8:51:30PM
I am pumped for this fight as well- funny that bj and Lauzon are working with Faber... he already has youth on his side- cheering for jens, as I see him as a MAJOR dog- hope god likes Pulver cause with BJ helping Faber Jens will need an act of god
dannyfrank
6/1/08 8:32:22AM

Posted by Cdellorso

I am pumped for this fight as well- funny that bj and Lauzon are working with Faber... he already has youth on his side- cheering for jens, as I see him as a MAJOR dog- hope god likes Pulver cause with BJ helping Faber Jens will need an act of god

faber, first of all, really isnt much younger than pulver, so i dont think that the age difference will affect the fight any. and i definitely dont think it will take an act of god for jens to win just because faber trained with BJ. thnik about it, when penn was on TUF5 the majority of his fighters lost in the preliminarys