Urijah Faber Expected to Return at UFC 156

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Urijah Faber Expected to Return at UFC 156
FastKnockout
11/7/12 11:31:51AM
Former WEC champion Urijah Faber has been on the sidelines since UFC 149, but it looks like he is marked for a return at UFC 156 on Feb.

LINK
sparky
11/7/12 11:49:19AM
Urijah Faber vs Michael McDonald makes the most sense to me. I got a feeling the UFC gives Faber an easy fight though, someone that will build his name back up, like Kid Yamamoto or Yves Jabouin. Both are tough guys but would stand little to no chance at beating Urijah
Theoutlaw08
11/7/12 12:14:36PM

Posted by sparky

Urijah Faber vs Michael McDonald makes the most sense to me. I got a feeling the UFC gives Faber an easy fight though, someone that will build his name back up, like Kid Yamamoto or Yves Jabouin. Both are tough guys but would stand little to no chance at beating Urijah

I agree. They will want to build his name back up. He's one of the biggest names in the division. But hes 2-2 in the UFC and only one of his wins was convincing. Im guessing they give him a freebee to get back on track.
prozacnation1978
11/7/12 12:43:16PM
Faber vs mcdonald makes sense

Or if Ivan menivar wins next week faber vs Ivan
BuffaloDave
11/7/12 12:53:54PM
I agree with those that said McDonald makes sense. It's a win win match up, Whether we like it or not, if Faber were to beat him, it puts him right near a title shot again, if McDonald wins, he most likely gets the next shot.
Wallass
11/7/12 2:19:18PM
Gee, I wonder whose belt he'll be fighting for? Does anyone believe he actually has deserved his last two shots? I like Urijah but I believe this sport is beginning to pass him by. Prove me wrong Urijah!
BillsNewAccount
11/7/12 2:27:02PM

Posted by Wallass

Gee, I wonder whose belt he'll be fighting for? Does anyone believe he actually has deserved his last two shots? I like Urijah but I believe this sport is beginning to pass him by. Prove me wrong Urijah!

The real question: is Uriah the new Chael or is Chael the new Uriah?
Both have goofy names, both are huge draws and both get shots at belts they don't deserve.

Correction: Jon Jones doesn't deserve a shot at Chael's belt.
isk
11/7/12 2:48:40PM
At this point, I think Faber'd only further legitimize McDonald's title talk, especially in a 5 rounder. I'd still see the fight because I love both of 'em and the potential for excitement either way is high, but I wouldn't bet on Faber.

Menjivar's a safe call - both coming off of losses, both veterans capable of thrilling finishes but susceptible to style mismatches at the upper tier.

A bigger risk would be Mike Easton, provided he doesn't get injured or horrifically beaten by Caraway. Easton is a huge bantamweight with solid leg kicks and TDD, and it'd certainly be a good test for him to see how he can handle hustle and ground scrambles. It'd also give him just under 2 months to prepare - even if he loses, it'd be okay as long as he takes minimal damage.

The bigger risk is if Easton stuffs Faber's takedowns and beats him up enough on the feet. If that happens, what'd be next?
ghandikush
11/7/12 3:06:55PM

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Posted by Wallass

The real question: is Uriah the new Chael or is Chael the new Uriah?
Both have goofy names, both are huge draws and both get shots at belts they don't deserve.

Correction: Jon Jones doesn't deserve a shot at Chael's belt.

Ha, no. Frank Mir and Urijah are top level guys who lose fighting elite champions.

Chael is a "good stylistic matchup" against anderson when hes on roids so after Anderson finished him in round 2 he immediately got a shot at, wait what the fuck happened there?

On roidsVVV

Not on roids VVV

See how good he is. He also beat Filho r3(boo)

BillsNewAccount
11/7/12 6:01:53PM

Ha, no. Frank Mir and Urijah are top level guys who lose fighting elite champions.

Chael is a "good stylistic matchup" against anderson when hes on roids so after Anderson finished him in round 2 he immediately got a shot at, wait what the fuck happened

Sonnen was roided the second bout too. He has a permission slip like Hendo. And I wasn't calling to question his 2 shots at Andy but his immediate title shot at JJ, coming off a loss and not having had a fight at 205.
ghandikush
11/7/12 10:53:17PM

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Chael is a "good stylistic matchup" against anderson when hes on roids so after Anderson finished him in round 2 he immediately got a shot at, wait what the fuck happened

Sonnen was roided the second bout too. He has a permission slip like Hendo. And I wasn't calling to question his 2 shots at Andy but his immediate title shot at JJ, coming off a loss and not having had a fight at 205.

I know im nitpicking but I really dont think TRTing was cheating, I think TRTing without permission with 12:1 is cheating. Gotta be fair.