urijah faber

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » urijah faber
placente
6/20/07 12:05:43AM
i was watching wec the other night and i saw this kid urijah faber, man wat a fighter his ground and pound is vicious anybody know this guy??????
szucconi
6/20/07 12:12:40AM
yes, he is a huge star. Biggest star that the WEC has. He would be in the UFC if they had a 145 lbs. class. I have heard that the UFC has thought about adding 145 just to get Faber.
rcg916
6/20/07 12:56:27AM
Actually was at wrestling camp three or four years in a row with him in High School. He was a maniac then... Whole different level than others his age. I was older, and he had the guys beat in our group too... at 14.
fatdevil1982
6/20/07 8:29:07AM
he is very good, if you go to dailymotion.com and type in his name or warrior nation you can find an episode of warrior nation where he prepares to fight enoch wilson. great television in my opinion.

very smart kid- finished college first, opened his own gym

and i think he only has one loss to tyson griffin

oh yeah, after his last fight he challenged KID YAMAMOTO to a fight.

i truly dont think it will ever happen, but it would be fun to watch
ultimatefighter33
6/20/07 9:44:57AM
i dont think faber will get past pulver i mean he has fought decent fighters but pulver has fought the real deal so i predict pulver will beat him by ko
cowcatcher
6/20/07 9:50:04AM
im not sure that pulver is really making the move to wec to fight at FW, especially if he beats bj. ill wait to hear it from jens or another source like metzler to believe it, its a big step down from main eventing in ufc to go to wec(although it is getting a lot of exposure lately). as far as faber goes, he is a bona fide stud and a fight with yamamoto would be awesome, but probably would have to be in ufc for kid to agree to it. maybe a 1 time FW match in ufc just to see the fan reaction and showcase the little guys for future fights in that weight class.
Omega
6/20/07 10:09:18AM

Posted by placente

i was watching wec the other night and i saw this kid urijah faber, man wat a fighter his ground and pound is vicious anybody know this guy??????

I own a gym. He walked in and started talking to me (we didn't really introduce ourselves) After our talk told him if he was ever back in town feel free to come by and train. Then we introduced ourselves. I'm like "dude I'm a huge fan I've been following your career. You fight Cole Escovido next" So we start talking strategy and basically has everything covered "well then I'll just shut up then".. .lol

Not that brilliant of a story but ah well.
MMA_Needs_Mayhem
6/20/07 10:24:53AM
15 title defenses in a row, a great gym with a program that raises anybody's cardio, natural athletic tendencies, and the ability to go 6 rounds at the same pace makes this guy a monster at featherweight.

In his last fight though, his height (or lack thereof) was taken advantage of, Farrar was actually winning the stand up before he initiated (stupid move) the clinch. But, I don't see anyone beating Faber in the FW class for a while
ufc
6/20/07 11:44:11AM
hes from my area and my wrestling coach bill green also helpad teach him judo.bill said he is one of the best athletes hes ever seenand hes a world class judo practioner
fedorwins1
6/20/07 11:59:46AM
Does anybody really think he can beat Kid though?
Mayo
6/20/07 12:38:41PM
Has Faber ever considered moving up to 155?
rcg916
6/20/07 1:04:07PM
I think hes much better off at 145, he's good at cutting the weight, and theres nobody his size down that low.
Northrend
6/20/07 5:48:52PM
I think he fought Tyson at 155. I have seen Urijah at 3 different KOTC's Live and he is exciting and fun to watch, and there is not alot of people that can challenge him at 145. That said, I think Kid Yamamoto would crush him.
ncordless
6/21/07 6:11:13PM
Faber vs. Genki Sudo would be so sweet. Please come back Genki!
Stickan
6/21/07 6:20:34PM
I'd love to see Urijah fight Manvel. That fight would be a war and a really really hard one to predict.
rcg916
6/22/07 3:25:04PM

Posted by Northrend

I think he fought Tyson at 155. I have seen Urijah at 3 different KOTC's Live and he is exciting and fun to watch, and there is not alot of people that can challenge him at 145. That said, I think Kid Yamamoto would crush him.

They actually fought at 145... Griffin said it was the toughest cut hes ever had, and if Faber wants a rematch, theyd have to do it at 155.

Also, he's one of my favs, but youre right. Kid would be too much for him, I think.

Griffin's not so big on Urijah anymore, it looks like, lol. (taken from UFC.com)

“It’s great, and he’s a great fighter still,” said Griffin of Faber. “He deserves all that stuff that he gets. It does get a little discouraging to hear him say that the win wasn’t deserved and that he hit his head and was affected. Whatever. He should just admit that he got beat and move on. As a fighter I respect him and it’s great that he’s getting all that coverage, but as a person he’s starting to get annoying.”
Ultimate_fighter
6/22/07 3:50:30PM

Posted by szucconi

yes, he is a huge star. Biggest star that the WEC has. He would be in the UFC if they had a 145 lbs. class. I have heard that the UFC has thought about adding 145 just to get Faber.

how about they make him gain 10 pounds, but him in top knotch shape at 155 pounds,,,, he would be a monster i bet,,,
placente
6/23/07 12:19:26AM
how about Urijah vs Sean sherk do u think urijah would stop the lightweight champion or is he just too small for 155???????
lance70301
7/11/07 7:49:30PM
That wouls be a dream matchup!
AmericanFighterAce
7/11/07 8:53:55PM

Posted by placente

how about Urijah vs Sean sherk do u think urijah would stop the lightweight champion or is he just too small for 155???????

Sean Sherk would LITERALLY dominate Urijah Faber.

I think Urijah is what 5'5 or 5'4 and Sherk is 5'6 not that much of a height difference, but still 10 pounds is ten pounds.

Sean Sherk is so strong on the ground, and I think Urijah would just get dominated.

Sean Sherk is to 155 as Urijah is to 145.
Both just need to stay in their weight class.

Now I would love to see Roger Huerta drop the additonal 10 pounds and fight at 145 against Urijah.

Pulver vs. Urijah is going to be exactly like the BJ/Pulver II fight. Urijah will stand up with Pulver get hit, take him take and ground and pound the living crap out of Pulver causing him to tap.
Northrend
7/11/07 9:00:12PM

Posted by rcg916

Posted by Northrend

They actually fought at 145... Griffin said it was the toughest cut hes ever had, and if Faber wants a rematch, theyd have to do it at 155.

Also, he's one of my favs, but youre right. Kid would be too much for him, I think.

Griffin's not so big on Urijah anymore, it looks like, lol. (taken from UFC.com)

“It’s great, and he’s a great fighter still,” said Griffin of Faber. “He deserves all that stuff that he gets. It does get a little discouraging to hear him say that the win wasn’t deserved and that he hit his head and was affected. Whatever. He should just admit that he got beat and move on. As a fighter I respect him and it’s great that he’s getting all that coverage, but as a person he’s starting to get annoying.”

HOLY CRAP! Tyson cut to 145? That is insane that guy is really big for 155.