Uriah Hall

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Uriah Hall
goheels
4/4/13 12:51:49AM
I'm just speechless watching his fights on TUF. It is like watching a combination of Silva/Jones out there. He has such a psychological edge on his opponents with the way he is finishing opponents.

His skillset along with Chael's tutelage makes this kid unstoppable.

Is anyone as fascinated by this fighter and his career as I am?
jae_1833
4/4/13 1:39:40AM
Absolutely, and his next match up someone who I feel may just be durable enough to strike and get inside so that we can see his ground game...should be interesting to say the least.
Kpro
4/4/13 2:21:40AM
Insane talent, questionable long-term mindset in the sport.
UFC_Fanatic
4/4/13 2:29:11AM

Posted by Kpro

Insane talent, questionable long-term mindset in the sport.

Yeah, I agree. His mindset seems a little off and kinda makes me worry a little bit about whether or not he has the right mentality to keep fighting for x amount of years after now. Still, I love this kids talent and there are several match ups I already want to see him in after the show. He is my favorite to win at all. I don't know if I've ever seen a kid on TUF that was as obviously supremely talented as Uriah.
tcunningham
4/4/13 3:03:05AM
i think he has a big future. i think coaching and mentoring will be key to his success. i was more impressed with his first fight in the house (spin kick KO), the KO was cool but he showed he can do more than just kickbox, he had at least one TD in that fight and he stayed calm the entire time. the fight against bubba was too fast to make any kind of judgement. if anything it showed that bubba made a huge mistake rushing in on a dangerous puncher like Hall.
hotrodttt
4/4/13 3:41:48AM
He's one of the few guys that have competed on tuf that will contend for the belt someday. He needs work in his wrestling though if he wants to compete with the upper tier mw's though, Chris Weidman killed him.
sparky
4/4/13 10:27:47AM
WAR Kelvin Gastelum
jjeans
4/4/13 10:42:00AM

Posted by hotrodttt

He's one of the few guys that have competed on tuf that will contend for the belt someday.

S1 Forrest, Sanchez, KenFlo, Quarry, Koscheck
S2 Rashad, Stevenson
S4 Serra, Luter, Cote
S5 Diaz, Gambuyran, Maynard
S14 Dodson

14 Contenders have come from the show in about 19/20 seasons?
sparky
4/4/13 10:53:17AM

Posted by jjeans

Posted by hotrodttt

He's one of the few guys that have competed on tuf that will contend for the belt someday.

S2 Rashad, Stevenson
S4 Serra, Luter, Cote
S14 Dodson

Those are some solid numbers

Props for doing that Jay
airkerma
4/4/13 11:07:34AM

Posted by jjeans

Posted by hotrodttt

S2 Rashad, Stevenson
S4 Serra, Luter, Cote
S14 Dodson

And how many from those seasons didn't/won't? I think hotty's point still stands.
postman
4/4/13 11:11:39AM

Posted by jjeans

Posted by hotrodttt

S2 Rashad, Stevenson
S4 Serra, Luter, Cote
S14 Dodson

Notice how that number doped dramatically since season 5?
prozacnation1978
4/4/13 11:31:58AM
I don't ever throw the word future champ much especially from a tuf

But hall is a.future champ like sonnen said
jjeans
4/4/13 11:44:27AM

Posted by airkerma

Posted by jjeans

Posted by hotrodttt

S2 Rashad, Stevenson
S4 Serra, Luter, Cote
S14 Dodson

And how many from those seasons didn't/won't? I think hotty's point still stands.

The post wasn't made to rattle the point. The point is in fact made clearer by the fact the show used to produce heavy draws and champions. I'm not bashing hot at all!

Back in the day being showcased on a good season and a couple of wins was all you needed. Dodson was exactly that (that and the fact the 125 divisions still growing
fullerene
4/4/13 12:51:56PM
He looks great on the show and I'll watch his fights after the show with interest.

The two fights that I would eventually like to see him in to guage just how good he can become are rematches of his two losses. If he can beat Philipou and Weidman he's obviously a contender but I'm not sure he will be able to win the first of those matchups and I think Weidman will be a very difficult fight for him at any stage of his development. Unfortunately there is a question mark around every fighter until they have shown that they can handle an athletic wrestler who can take them out of their element.
Bubbles
4/5/13 8:38:16AM

Posted by postman

Posted by jjeans

Posted by hotrodttt

S2 Rashad, Stevenson
S4 Serra, Luter, Cote
S14 Dodson

that's the point I was going to make too
Boo_Radley21
4/5/13 12:12:20PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by postman

Posted by jjeans

Posted by hotrodttt

S2 Rashad, Stevenson
S4 Serra, Luter, Cote
S14 Dodson

that's the point I was going to make too

I know for the first season the fighters were scouted rather than auditioned which is probably why it produced so many great fighters who are still around today. I dont know how long they continued that does anybody?

I dont think they'll ever beat those first few seasons. I stopped watching on Mir vs Nogueira unti this season, but I think after Pulver vs Penn the decline started
goheels
4/9/13 10:45:32PM
4 opponents, 4 trips to the hospital.
Impressively finishes last fighter from bottom position.

Kid is getting some hype going into the finale, that's for sure.
jay98107
4/10/13 3:16:26PM

Posted by jjeans

Posted by hotrodttt

S2 Rashad, Stevenson
S4 Serra, Luter, Cote
S14 Dodson

Lutter didn't technically fight for a belt, but good point regardless.