Uriah Faber vs. Kid Yamamoto

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Uriah Faber vs. Kid Yamamoto
POLL: Lighting Fast and Sugar Free
Kid 72% (26)
Uriah 28% (10)
MoJoy
8/24/07 2:13:48AM
Wow.
sakurabaforever
8/24/07 2:34:46AM
Yamamoto hits too hard.
richieb19
8/24/07 2:35:17AM
Yamamoto would completely destroy Faber, there is no comparison.
TOMMYAYO05
8/24/07 2:49:36AM

Posted by richieb19

Definetley total domination.People would be saying oh yeah i know uriah faber hes the guy who got hospitalized by the kid right?
Pitbull09
8/24/07 2:50:11AM
Hes the underdog, but i have to pick Faber, huge fan.
peachfuzzz1305
8/24/07 3:19:28AM

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Posted by richieb19

Definetley total domination.People would be saying oh yeah i know uriah faber hes the guy who got hospitalized by the kid right?

matthughes23
8/24/07 4:44:35AM
Kid would dominate Faber
cmill21
8/24/07 5:20:35AM
Is this a real poll? lol
Stickan
8/24/07 6:54:59AM

Posted by richieb19

Of course there is a comparison. What leads you to believe that Kid can't be compaired to Urijah?
Of course the #1 and the #2 in the division can be compaired.

Just because one is a somewhat obscure MMA talent doesn't make him unbeatable compaired to the more well-known american.

I think Kid would win but it would probably be a great fight but Kid´s striking would make the difference. TKO rd. 3.
fullerene
8/24/07 8:13:07AM
Kid has to be the favorite because he's the better striker and the better wrestler.

But guys like him who look and fight like they are invincible have a history of folding when someone fights back. There were plenty of guys who no one thought would lose becasue they "hit too hard" and "were too explosive" (think Mark Kerr, Mirko CroCop, the "old" Vitor and the "prime" Mike Tyson). When someone takes their best shots and keeps fighting back, then we'll see what they are really made of. In the case of Kid, he's very muscular and fights for a quick knockout--how long can he keep that pace up without gasing? He's also known to be mentally unstable which is probably why some people are reading this thread saying "Kid who?". I'll favor him over Faber and any guy under 145 (and almost anyone under 155), but I predict that some day he's going to get stopped and his career and reputation won't ever recover--I've seen it happen to a lot of guys like him.
juanez13
8/24/07 10:57:48AM
Kid By KO in the first....
The_Grim_Reaper
8/24/07 11:42:47AM
kid, the more experienced, more skilled, harder hitter, KID ALL THE WAY!!
fedorwins1
8/24/07 12:17:35PM
I have to pick Kid, they both have great wrestling and both are very explosive, but Kid hits harder. I'm not sure about Faber's cardio I've never seen him in a whole 5 round fight, but I know Kid has great cardio. I don't think Kid would finish Faber though.

Also, why did peachfuzz get banned?
JWils
8/24/07 12:34:45PM
I picked "Kid".....

Kid's striking is the difference. I like watching Faber to. I would love to see these two hook it up sometime down the road.