Possible upsets?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Possible upsets?
POLL: Most probable upset
Gonzaga over Cro Cop 29% (13)
Sinosic over Bisping 49% (22)
Heath over Machida 22% (10)
MMA
4/10/07 11:33:49PM
Man, 2007 has been a CRAZY year. I am smelling another upset in this upcoming PPV match but who is it going to be?
hippysmacker
4/10/07 11:40:45PM
I think Cro-cop beats Gonzaga 9 out of 10 times, but it sure would fit in with the rest of this crazy year.
Cobbs666
4/10/07 11:51:55PM
should have added werdum over arlovski to
JunCTion
4/11/07 12:02:50AM

Posted by Cobbs666

yah, but thats way more even than the other 3 fights.

please, no upsets in england. ive lost 3/4ths of my money on 4 upsets.
but i did make a lot off of randy.
The_Metal_Maniac
4/11/07 12:07:54AM
I think if any of them have a chance to be upset, it's Bisping. Bisping should have lost to Eric Schafer. He was aweful in that fight. He gave his back up about three times, and could have been easily submitted. Granted Elvis has his legendary losing record. Heres your upset Sinosic causes Bisping to tap in round 2.

lol All the favorites are going to win. I don't see it any other way.
JunCTion
4/11/07 12:11:33AM

Posted by roncomanjason

I think if any of them have a chance to be upset, it's Bisping. Bisping should have lost to Eric Schafer. He was aweful in that fight. He gave his back up about three times, and could have been easily submitted. Granted Elvis has his legendary losing record. Heres your upset Sinosic causes Bisping to tap in round 2.

lol All the favorites are going to win. I don't see it any other way.

if bisping chokes him out he should spoon him
Mastodon2
4/11/07 4:32:55AM
I'd be amazed if Bisping lost to the "Ever tough" Sinosic (as Goldberg refers to him), but it would be a terrible upset if CC lost to Gonzaga, but CC aint invincible, so Gonzaga could win. Mind you, a flukey knock out is about the only chance this guy has at winning.
Manfred
4/11/07 6:47:51AM

Posted by Cobbs666

You mean Arlovski over Werdum, right?
Stickan
4/11/07 8:11:27AM
If Gonzaga gets Mirko down. Will CC be able to get up?

This is easily the most probable upset in my eyes. It's the biggest advantage an underdog has in any of those fights if Gonzaga brings Mirko to the mat.

Bisping can hang with almost anyone on the mat. His JJ is underrated. The skill difference on the mat between him and SInosic compared to the skill difference of CC and Gonzaga is tiny.

I don't really know what makes Machida so good but I don't think the stand-up skill difference is that big. This fight won't end up the ground.
MMA
4/11/07 9:30:38AM
Gonzaga is a beast, the guy looks like a friggin cave man! I know Cro Cop is strong, but as a grappler, I would assume Gonzaga is as strong if not stronger. If he gets the fight to the ground, I could see him keeping him there.
warglory
4/11/07 10:07:25AM
Yup, not saying it'll happen, but Gonzaga over Cro Cop is the most likely upset, and dare I say not shocking? Seriously, at this point, if Gonzaga beat Cro Cop I would just chuckle and go about my business with another loss on my record. I would not be shocked.
methodman_90
4/11/07 10:48:44AM
Gonzaga is very underated and if he presses Crocop against the cage and takes him down, then he has a chance.
Heath and Machida could be a war!! Heath has good standup and a good chance of catching Machida
BWWREPRESENT
4/12/07 7:43:00AM

Posted by Mastodon2

I'd be amazed if Bisping lost to the "Ever tough" Sinosic (as Goldberg refers to him), but it would be a terrible upset if CC lost to Gonzaga, but CC aint invincible, so Gonzaga could win. Mind you, a flukey knock out is about the only chance this guy has at winning.

1 fight changed flukes Serra vs GSP fluke wins are no more you win you win thats final
keith-hackney1
4/12/07 11:05:15AM

Posted by MMA

Gonzaga is a beast, the guy looks like a friggin cave man! I know Cro Cop is strong, but as a grappler, I would assume Gonzaga is as strong if not stronger. If he gets the fight to the ground, I could see him keeping him there.

If theres an upset its crocop getting submitted. Gonzaga is huge with sick jj, if this fight goes to the ground, i believe, with alot of thought, it could be over, just like that, Gonzaga has alot of strength to lock in an arm bar or triangle to wrap this fight up. Mirko better keep the fight up or he could be in for a surprise. We could quite easily have yet another upset on our hands.
GhettoRedneck
4/12/07 2:27:04PM
Serra<Huges
Violentcuv
4/12/07 2:35:48PM
Bisping and Cro Cop for sure will win... I could see Heath over Machida if any of them three...
Lay_N_Pray
4/12/07 3:54:30PM
Cro Cop will knock out Gonzaga in terrific fasion probably...

I say probably because like most of you have said there is your upset if one happens. Gonzaga is a different breed of heavyweight, he is athletic but in a different way, i cant really explain it.

His best chance is to snag Cro Cops arm in an armbar from a GnP position
Gladiator
4/12/07 7:11:48PM
the only problem with upsets is their unpredictable, the most probable one is heath over machida but all these fights have huge odds so its kinda pointless to pick which one is most likely.
JunCTion
4/13/07 12:08:46AM
we WILL finally have an event with no major upsets. not one of the three will lose or let it go to the judges.
richieb19
4/13/07 12:33:27AM
Elvis Sinosic, and the more I think about it the more I think he'll win...
JunCTion
4/13/07 1:46:52AM

Posted by richieb19

Elvis Sinosic, and the more I think about it the more I think he'll win...

care to make a wager?
p_unit23
4/13/07 4:49:48PM
psht...if gonzaga wins...im sure many people will be pissed...including me!! dude..what if lindland beats fedor?!?! im sure that will never happen though.
JBatch
4/14/07 8:09:51PM

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by Cobbs666

yah, but thats way more even than the other 3 fights.

please, no upsets in england. ive lost 3/4ths of my money on 4 upsets.
but i did make a lot off of randy.

I dunno I would say Werdum/Arlovski is about the same as Heath/Machida. I mean Machida is good but Heath is no slouch.

I want to see Gonzaga submit CC. If CC wins by HK or a punishing straight like vs. Bob Sapp I will be happy for it will fullfil my KO lust but I would love to see Gonzaga throw a stick in the spoke of Dana's propoganda campaign because it has taken some big hits in the last little while.

ie) Jens Pulver loss, GSP loss, Herring's loss.