Upsets on the 19th what legend will fall???

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Upsets on the 19th what legend will fall???
« Previous Page
POLL: What top ranked fighter will go down
Silva 13% (9)
Fedor 25% (17)
Barnett 16% (11)
Aleksander 13% (9)
Arlovski 16% (11)
Lindland 16% (11)
Manfred
7/13/08 12:54:28PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

I gues will see about that fastest heaviest hand in the Heavy weight division i'm sure that was a joke

Obviously my opinion is slated because I happily swing from Aleks' nuts, but who has faster hands? I can see an argument for heavier, but faster and heavier? I doubt it.

Name another heavy that has 3 wins by KO in under 30 seconds.

And yes, I purposely left out that Paul has only been KO'd once also. I was hoping that you wouldn't notice. But since you did. it was within the first 30 seconds, right up Aleks' alley
Purge
7/13/08 1:14:53PM
I hope Sylvia knocks Fedor's lights out.

I understan that Fedor is one of the greatest, but come ON, at least a million a fight? That's just totally unfair to other fighters, Fedor is not as important to MMA as Liddell is to the UFC and such.

If Sylvia beats him, then fedor can no longer charge for those outrageous prices.
jkdskinhead
7/13/08 3:34:04PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Posted by Manfred

Posted by IriShame

One is going out, flip a coin in my opinion.

Is that a Joke? Aleks has the fastest and heaviest hands in the HW div. Now that Aleks is refocused and back at Red Devil, I think he'd avenge his 3 losses if given the chance.

Posted by Kracker_Jap

What we know is both Fighters win normally by KO and both fighter have been KO'd

Aleks has been KO'd, once by CC's LHK in his 4th fight.

Ummm. the point was if it happens once it could happen again, it was nice of you to point out that Paul has been KO'd once (though he was completetly out) in his twice as active, MMA Career

I gues will see about that fastest heaviest hand in the Heavy weight division i'm sure that was a joke

After all neither of these fighters area should be ranked in the top 10 IMO

Ok so lets see your top 10 of HWs then.. this will be interesting..
EON
7/13/08 3:34:05PM

Posted by Purge

I hope Sylvia knocks Fedor's lights out.

I understan that Fedor is one of the greatest, but come ON, at least a million a fight? That's just totally unfair to other fighters, Fedor is not as important to MMA as Liddell is to the UFC and such.

If Sylvia beats him, then fedor can no longer charge for those outrageous prices.

And I hope Rashad knocks Liddell out because I dont like how Dana gives his buddies undeserving title shots cough randy cough
Pookie
7/13/08 3:37:09PM

Posted by Manfred

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Obviously my opinion is slated because I happily swing from Aleks' nuts, but who has faster hands? I can see an argument for heavier, but faster and heavier? I doubt it.

And yes, I purposely left out that Paul has only been KO'd once also. I was hoping that you wouldn't notice. But since you did. it was within the first 30 seconds, right up Aleks' alley

Aleks has the best hands in the division, period.
iwannabesedated
7/13/08 3:52:13PM
I'll gurantee Buentello Loses.
Im hoping Tim Beats Fedor.

Kracker_Jap
7/13/08 5:20:29PM

Posted by jkdskinhead

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Posted by Manfred

Posted by IriShame

One is going out, flip a coin in my opinion.

Is that a Joke? Aleks has the fastest and heaviest hands in the HW div. Now that Aleks is refocused and back at Red Devil, I think he'd avenge his 3 losses if given the chance.

Posted by Kracker_Jap

What we know is both Fighters win normally by KO and both fighter have been KO'd

Aleks has been KO'd, once by CC's LHK in his 4th fight.

Ummm. the point was if it happens once it could happen again, it was nice of you to point out that Paul has been KO'd once (though he was completetly out) in his twice as active, MMA Career

After all neither of these fighters area should be ranked in the top 10 IMO

Ok so lets see your top 10 of HWs then.. this will be interesting..

So if you would like to see me top ten then click on my top ten for Heavyweights and look then

Good members try and keep there list up to date
Kracker_Jap
7/13/08 5:28:52PM

Posted by Manfred

Travis "The Ironman" Fulton here is the link I stopped counted 12 t/ko isn 30 sec....

Thats not count the verbal sub due to strikes und 30 sec

Should this GUY be your avatar instead
Jackelope
7/13/08 5:38:13PM
Did I see a few people say Tim Sylvia is going to "OUTWORK" Fedor?

Sylvia may out jab Fedor, but he'll never outwork the most relentlessly attacking HW in the world. Fedor has outworked every single opponent he's faced on the big stages. No one has been able to keep up with his pace. Least of all Tim Sylvia,

It's all fine and dandy if people want to pick Fedor for the loss. I'm not going to argue that Sylvia has the potential to make the upset, but he certainly won't do it by outworking Fedor. This fight is hilarious to me specifically because 2 months ago 9/10 people were saying Timmah isn't a top 5 heavyweight, now the same Timmah haters are picking him to beat Fedor.

You know your names, and if you don't I can always go back in the past and show the Timmah hater threads.
EON
7/13/08 5:40:47PM

Posted by Jackelope

Did I see a few people say Tim Sylvia is going to "OUTWORK" Fedor?

Sylvia may out jab Fedor, but he'll never outwork the most relentlessly attacking HW in the world. Fedor has outworked every single opponent he's faced on the big stages. No one has been able to keep up with his pace. Least of all Tim Sylvia,

It's all fine and dandy if people want to pick Fedor for the loss. I'm not going to argue that Sylvia has the potential to make the upset, but he certainly won't do it by outworking Fedor. This fight is hilarious to me specifically because 2 months ago 9/10 people were saying Timmah isn't a top 5 heavyweight, now the same Timmah haters are picking him to beat Fedor.

You know your names, and if you don't I can always go back in the past and show the Timmah hater threads.

I guess they just hate Fedor more than Tim

Maybe its a nationalist thing, where they want the American to win and the big bad Russian to lose
StriderXero
7/13/08 7:04:06PM
I want Fedor to win, and win in convincing fashion. Cus we all know if Fedor looses, NOBODY is going to shutup Dana White.

other than that, I hope the Sandman gets the win. I like Anderson, but for some odd reason I want Irvin to win. even though I think he wont
jkdskinhead
7/13/08 11:04:10PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

So if you would like to see me top ten then click on my top ten for Heavyweights and look then

Well I guess top fighters are really an opinion.. but I think its kind of silly you Have randy as number 2 and fedor as number three.. first of all look at randys record.. hes 16-8 that means he losses every 3rd fight.. The man can hardly handle himself in the LHW devisions let alone heavyweight. He has some good wins over great guys.. but he also has alot of losses against B fighters, and even some C fighters.. and hes retired.. in HW who has he beaten? Gabe and Tim.. Lets look at Fedor... Hunt, Mirko, Nog, Fujita, ur number 9 herring (actually herring is a B fighter but whatever man).. then a bunch of hard B fighters like.. coleman, randleman, etc.

How can you possibly have Herring, Vera, and Kongo ahead of ALeks?
Dont get me wrong.. Vera is one of my favorite fighters.. he filipino :) but cmon.. better than Aleks? And really Herring? He is a B fighter.. he losses to no namers.. I could see why Aleks wouldnt make your top ten list.. when you put Herring on it.
Kracker_Jap
7/13/08 11:39:52PM

Posted by jkdskinhead

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Well I guess top fighters are really an opinion.. but I think its kind of silly you Have randy as number 2 and fedor as number three.. first of all look at randys record.. hes 16-8 that means he losses every 3rd fight.. The man can hardly handle himself in the LHW devisions let alone heavyweight. He has some good wins over great guys.. but he also has alot of losses against B fighters, and even some C fighters.. and hes retired.. in HW who has he beaten? Gabe and Tim.. Lets look at Fedor... Hunt, Mirko, Nog, Fujita, ur number 9 herring (actually herring is a B fighter but whatever man).. then a bunch of hard B fighters like.. coleman, randleman, etc.

How can you possibly have Herring, Vera, and Kongo ahead of ALeks?
Dont get me wrong.. Vera is one of my favorite fighters.. he filipino :) but cmon.. better than Aleks? And really Herring? He is a B fighter.. he losses to no namers.. I could see why Aleks wouldnt make your top ten list.. when you put Herring on it.

Props for lookin at my list.....

Your right it is based on opinion.....

and since this thread has been pretty good so far I would like to stay on topic

You can gauranty my list for Heavyweights will change on July 19th !
Manfred
7/13/08 11:45:07PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap
Travis "The Ironman" Fulton here is the link I stopped counted 12 t/ko isn 30 sec....

I knew you were going to mention him!
jkdskinhead
7/13/08 11:56:27PM

Posted by Manfred

Posted by Kracker_Jap

That guy doesnt sign contracts, he punches his timecard.
Kracker_Jap
7/14/08 12:25:33AM

Posted by Manfred

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Quit testing me !!!
WheelchairBandit
7/14/08 7:00:54AM
I think the upset of the night will be Pedro Rizzo beating Josh Barnett.

Josh [i]really[/i] wants to avenge the worse loss of his career,but I think he will make a mistake and let emotions get the better of him.He will want to strike with Rizzo and try to KO him,but this will be his downfall.

In Josh's rematch with Minotauro,he was being soundly out boxed,yet still continued to stand and trade.I just have the feeling he wants to trade with Rizzo,and that might not go so well for him.If you look at Josh's record,all his loses are due to striking with someone who was a much better striker.

If Josh does the smart thing,he will take Pedro down and ground and pound to a stoppage or a shutout decision.If Josh does what I think he will,he will go out and trade with Rizzo,and get knocked out in the first or second round.

Just my $0.02

WB.
Kracker_Jap
7/15/08 8:38:28PM

Posted by WheelchairBandit

I think the upset of the night will be Pedro Rizzo beating Josh Barnett.

Josh [i]really[/i] wants to avenge the worse loss of his career,but I think he will make a mistake and let emotions get the better of him.He will want to strike with Rizzo and try to KO him,but this will be his downfall.

In Josh's rematch with Minotauro,he was being soundly out boxed,yet still continued to stand and trade.I just have the feeling he wants to trade with Rizzo,and that might not go so well for him.If you look at Josh's record,all his loses are due to striking with someone who was a much better striker.

If Josh does the smart thing,he will take Pedro down and ground and pound to a stoppage or a shutout decision.If Josh does what I think he will,he will go out and trade with Rizzo,and get knocked out in the first or second round.

Just my $0.02

WB.

I'm really on the fence with this fight but I like your point of view
MMA4EVER
7/16/08 1:55:47AM
the biggest upset would be sylvia beating fedor but that isnt going to happen i think it would be if barnett beat rizzo but the rock is going to reign supreme
Pages: 1 [2]