Upsets on the 19th what legend will fall???

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Upsets on the 19th what legend will fall???
Next Page »
POLL: What top ranked fighter will go down
Silva 13% (9)
Fedor 25% (17)
Barnett 16% (11)
Aleksander 13% (9)
Arlovski 16% (11)
Lindland 16% (11)
Kracker_Jap
7/12/08 12:27:45PM
Lets face it with this many legends fighting on the 19th someone is bond to pull a Gomi and get choked out or better yet pull a GSP and get KTFO......

So who will it be ???? The law of averages are on my side every time 5 top guys fight over a period of time someone loses....

Will it be Anderson "The Spider" Silva getting KO'd by the Sandman

OR big Timmy KO'ing Fedor Emelianenko

How About Pedro over Josh "The Babyface Assassin" Barnett

In 30 sec or less the Headhunter takes out Aleksander Emelianenko

Ben Rothwell sub'ing Andrei "Pitbull" Arlovski

The Law Lindland being out wotked for an Majority Dec.
Kracker_Jap
7/12/08 12:33:03PM
I know that each and every on of these fighters has there on special bandwagons of nuthuggers that will not accept the possibiltiy that they have a chance of losing....

So please give us the reasons why the fighters will lose or win
eyeforeigneye
7/12/08 12:38:47PM
even though theyre both getting old and maybe im just nostalgic, but ill never rule out the chance of Pedro Rizzo or Paul Buentello pulling an upset
chickmagnet
7/12/08 1:03:07PM
I think Rothwell and Rizzo are being counted out, they both have a shot at winning, but I am an Arlovski fan so I say he comes out with a KO win. But I have a feeling Rizzo is going to produce an upset.
Twenty20Dollars
7/12/08 1:04:22PM
Fedor will fall.
mkiv9secsupra
7/12/08 1:37:20PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Fedor will fall

on top of Sylvia then submit him.

I think the most likely would be Rothwell but i wouldnt put any money on it. Rothwell has some power in his strikes and if AA takes him lightly he could end up like GSP vs Serra 1 and getting knocked the f out......but still the likelyhood is not too high in my eyes
IriShame
7/12/08 1:53:16PM
I think Buentello has the best chance of pulling an "upset". If Aleksanders last name wasn't Emelianenko I think people would look a lot closer at this fight. It's going to be a stand up war between two guys with KO power. One is going out, flip a coin in my opinion.
mkiv9secsupra
7/12/08 2:00:37PM

Posted by IriShame
If Aleksanders last name wasn't Emelianenko I think people would look a lot closer at this fight. .

i think of it the exact opposite. i see emelianenko and think damn he trains with fedor why is his conditioning so poor and why isnt his ground game even half as good his brothers? The name Emelianenko will always come with an expectaiton for me now. Just as if Couture or Liddell had a sibbling in the sport today.
Mastodon2
7/12/08 2:27:58PM
Fedor isn't losing.

Arlovski is probably gonna lose but then I don't consider him a top ranked fighter anymore. The biggest name he beat was Tim Sylvia, but then he swiftly went on to lose to him twice more, and he has beaten Werdum, but only because Fabricio barely seemed to have any offensive capabilities at all in that fight. I suppose I never really ranked Arlovski in the first place, either way, he will probably lose since he is so timid and lacks aggression these days.
Pookie
7/12/08 2:34:51PM
Babalu... although hes not a legend. I dont think anyone on that list will lose.
loller90278
7/12/08 2:42:28PM
negao will submit lindland. mark my words.
masodd
7/12/08 3:01:43PM
Anderson wins
I've picked fedor to win but i have a fellin big tim will win
Pedro pulls it out against Josh
This one is gonna be tough but i have Paul ko'ing aleks
And Rothwell beating andrei
But i have Lindland winning
postman
7/12/08 4:04:31PM

I think Rothwell has the best shot at a upset.
DCRage
7/12/08 4:05:04PM
Only one I have losing is Arlovski.
loller90278
7/12/08 4:08:04PM
yah rothwell has a great shot of scoring the upset...

but arlovski's been training with freddy roach so his hands will be amazing
EON
7/12/08 4:09:32PM
Arlovski's gonna prove the haters wrong
Silva, Aleks and Fedor will win

The only two I think could lose are Lindland or Barnett
CantAndleDaRiddum
7/12/08 4:15:18PM
hurry up guys!
change ur picks to rothwell!
maybe we can make this mofo a hotbout & i can double up when AA wins!

seriously yall all must be on some shit to think AA is losing this fight

jk guys, i understand.......hell im picking Timmay!

king_katool
7/12/08 4:16:46PM
i have big tim pulling out a decision on fedor, kinda like what forrest did to page except no TDs and less kicks more jabs

WAR TIMMMAAHHH
Kracker_Jap
7/12/08 11:29:55PM
This is what I think.....

The Sandman will be the first to KO Silva

Big Tim will out work and win a decision

Barnett is goin to crush Pedro

The Headhunter will leave with dudes head

AA By decision

And the Law will get sub'ed

So I have it 2/3 with the underdogs by 1
EON
7/12/08 11:31:28PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

AA By decision

I'm curious why do you think Buentello will win?
ncordless
7/12/08 11:37:50PM
I think Rothwell has a good shot... if he can keep distance a la Timmay.

Negao is a great fighter and could give the LAw some problems.
jkdskinhead
7/12/08 11:47:29PM

Posted by Mastodon2

Fedor isn't losing.

Arlovski is probably gonna lose but then I don't consider him a top ranked fighter anymore. The biggest name he beat was Tim Sylvia, but then he swiftly went on to lose to him twice more, and he has beaten Werdum, but only because Fabricio barely seemed to have any offensive capabilities at all in that fight. I suppose I never really ranked Arlovski in the first place, either way, he will probably lose since he is so timid and lacks aggression these days.

Yea the biggest namehe beat, but its not liek the heavyweight devision is stacked with talents.. he has beaten alot of guy that are pretty good in that devision.

The then 9-0 Jake Obrien
Werdum
Paul Buentello
Justin Eilers
Vladimir Matyushenko dude used to be a badass
Wesley Correira may not be great, but hes a big name in the sport.
And of course Tim

Now look at a legend like Randy.. He beat Tim too.. but in the heavyweight devision who else has he beaten?.. Mostly C fighters... the only other decent heavyweight he beat was Gabe.
Kracker_Jap
7/12/08 11:54:09PM

Posted by EON

Posted by Kracker_Jap

AA By decision

I'm curious why do you think Buentello will win?

What we know is both Fighters win normally by KO and both fighter have been KO'd

So I believe both will be looking for a KO (duh) But in the end I see Paul as a more respectful fighter and understanding that there is a very good chance he can get KO'd, but for some reason I don't see Aleksander being respectful of Pauls power.

So I see a crushing KO similar to Cro Cops leg kick KO'ing Aleksander befor the fight is over....

Pretty simple
Naturaldisaster
7/13/08 12:22:03AM
Im worried about the arlovski fight. I watched his fight with werdum and obrian today and he hasnt been the same. his is too stand-offish, but I picked him to win. I really do think Fedor will fall
Manfred
7/13/08 12:31:33AM

Posted by IriShame

One is going out, flip a coin in my opinion.

Is that a Joke? Aleks has the fastest and heaviest hands in the HW div. Now that Aleks is refocused and back at Red Devil, I think he'd avenge his 3 losses if given the chance.

Posted by Kracker_Jap

What we know is both Fighters win normally by KO and both fighter have been KO'd

Aleks has been KO'd, once by CC's LHK in his 4th fight.
SpiderSilva
7/13/08 1:51:28AM
Isn't there a saying once you've been Ko'ed it will happen again?
Pitbull09
7/13/08 1:57:34AM
I picked Lindland. Looks pretty even in voting but I'm surprised Fedor is voted most. Why am I not making more money betting on Fedor than guys? Cause you all are full of it and still picking Fedor.
cmill21
7/13/08 1:59:57AM

Posted by SpiderSilva

Isn't there a saying once you've been Ko'ed it will happen again?

Ll that was a long long time ago, Cro Cop hit him with his head kick, and Aleks wasn't even out it took vicious GnP and he still wasn't completly out. Aleks has a granite chin, I don't see Paul being able to get back on the winning track here. I unfortunetly could see the sandman getting the W, I don't personally think he should have moved up. I could also see Fedor being unable to get inside and Tim winning the UD. Who knows every favorite could win or lose, thats the beauty of mma, everyone has a way to win
Pitbull09
7/13/08 2:08:17AM

Posted by jkdskinhead

Posted by Mastodon2

Fedor isn't losing.

Yea the biggest namehe beat, but its not liek the heavyweight devision is stacked with talents.. he has beaten alot of guy that are pretty good in that devision.

The then 9-0 Jake Obrien
Werdum
Paul Buentello
Justin Eilers
Vladimir Matyushenko dude used to be a badass
Wesley Correira may not be great, but hes a big name in the sport.
And of course Tim

Now look at a legend like Randy.. He beat Tim too.. but in the heavyweight devision who else has he beaten?.. Mostly C fighters... the only other decent heavyweight he beat was Gabe.

I think AA is becoming the most underrated HW in the world. The guy is a good fighter and doesn;t deserve the BS. He could have been fighting for the UFC title if UFC didnt throw him under a train because of the Werdum fight. Sorry that Werdum didnt win and it was a bad fight UFC but its wasnt just AA's fault, he pushed more than Werdum did so everyone needs to get over it.

THis is going to be like the O'Brian fight, everyone wants the new up and comer to destroy AA and AA is going to show what a top HW reallly is.
Kracker_Jap
7/13/08 11:53:52AM

Posted by Manfred

Posted by IriShame

One is going out, flip a coin in my opinion.

Is that a Joke? Aleks has the fastest and heaviest hands in the HW div. Now that Aleks is refocused and back at Red Devil, I think he'd avenge his 3 losses if given the chance.

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Aleks has been KO'd, once by CC's LHK in his 4th fight.

Ummm. the point was if it happens once it could happen again, it was nice of you to point out that Paul has been KO'd once (though he was completetly out) in his twice as active, MMA Career

I gues will see about that fastest heaviest hand in the Heavy weight division i'm sure that was a joke

After all neither of these fighters area should be ranked in the top 10 IMO
Pages: [1] 2