UFC 78 ... upset of the night goes to ????

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC 78 ... upset of the night goes to ????
keith-hackney1
10/26/07 9:06:37AM
1)

Ryo "Piranha" Chonan vs Karo "the heat" parisyan.
I like the styles in this fight, Karo is a wild fighter with great judo and gronunds skills fighting chonan who is another wild fighter with similar skills, though i believe chonan has the best wepon in this fight ... unpredictability !!!
Good match up, but im going for chonan taking this fight, upset of the night for me.

2)

Talking of upsets on this card, who is favourite ... Bisping or evans ???? who would get the upset if they were to win on this bout ???

discuss ....

Rua22
10/26/07 9:40:49AM
i am pulling for evans. i wouldn't see it as an upset if he wins either. based on his wrestling background, he can get bisping to the ground, then GnP. i like evans and i can't really tell you why, lol. notta fan of bisping so i am basically picking this fight based on who i like. thought tito isn't who he used to be, the difference between him and hammill opponent wise is obvious enough. bisping struggled and lost against hammill... some would say the fight between rashad and tito could have gone either way, i dunno. all that to say i want evans to pull out the win.
CornishMMA
10/26/07 9:53:20AM
dude Rashad is a pretty clear big favourite and Bisping winning would be a major upset imho, think right now about 80% of this site are pikcing Rashad and rightly so, Bisping has little to no chance to win this fight

Chonan hasnt much chance either, i know he will be much better at 170 but he is still pretty average imo and Karo will control him and a win a decent 30-27 UD

The award you mention actually goes too - Thiago Silva, too many people nuthugging Houston and he will be shown as the poor cardio slugger that he is once the first few mins drip away with no result for him
wagere
10/26/07 9:53:36AM
I think Houston Alexander is gonna get beat, don't know if that is an upset or not.
As for bisping and evans I don't really like either one of these guys but I believe Evans is to much for Bisping.
Rua22
10/26/07 9:58:04AM
cornish i got thiago over houston, too. you said it perfectly as far houston's slugging goes. the only danger may be his KO power, but silva is a skilled fighter and i see him dodging those early on, playing smart, and getting the win.
tuvok500
10/26/07 11:03:28AM
if Bisping beat Evans, it will be the upset of the night easely !!!

Mayhem13
10/26/07 7:04:15PM
I have Joe Lauzon losing to Rineheart or whatever his name is..I think that would be a upset in the eyes of most fans
Sam_Rothstein
10/27/07 2:12:43AM
i think chris lytle upsets thiago alves
Gladiator
10/27/07 3:17:38AM

Posted by Mayhem13

I have Joe Lauzon losing to Rineheart or whatever his name is..I think that would be a upset in the eyes of most fans

why do u have joe losing? not bashing, im just curious cuz i know nothing about reinheart other than he used to fight at 135.

i got silva upsetting houston also. houston was rocked with a shot from jardine at the begining of their match and was also set off balance from a combination of sakara's in their fight. i think silva will weather the early storm and put him away late in the first round with accurate and crisp punches.
NatedawgThaM
10/27/07 12:00:43PM

Posted by Gladiator

Posted by Mayhem13

why do u have joe losing? not bashing, im just curious cuz i know nothing about reinheart other than he used to fight at 135.

i got silva upsetting houston also. houston was rocked with a shot from jardine at the begining of their match and was also set off balance from a combination of sakara's in their fight. i think silva will weather the early storm and put him away late in the first round with accurate and crisp punches.

Check his record on sherdog...its really good, thats a sure canidate for FOTN IMO...But I still think Edgar/Fisher take that though..

As for upsets, I think Bisping winning has to be Upset of the night....
jgtribbett
10/27/07 12:47:59PM
evans.. cause bispbing sucks...
ohiostate1016
10/27/07 1:27:56PM
I think we could see Frankie Edgar over Spencer Fisher...
Kastro
10/27/07 1:48:30PM

Posted by keith-hackney1

1)

I like the styles in this fight, Karo is a wild fighter with great judo and gronunds skills fighting chonan who is another wild fighter with similar skills, though i believe chonan has the best wepon in this fight ... unpredictability !!!
Good match up, but im going for chonan taking this fight, upset of the night for me.

2)

Talking of upsets on this card, who is favourite ... Bisping or evans ???? who would get the upset if they were to win on this bout ???

discuss ....

According to MMAplayground's betting system, Evans is a huge favorite in this fight which I dont quite understand..

Depending on my financial situation in the week following UFC 78 I might just drop a couple hundred on Bisping..

Im not too impressed with Evans or Bisping for that matter, but IMO Evans needs to drop to 185 he is a smaller fighter @ 205 and I dont see him ever doing well against guys like Chuck, Rampage, or Shogun..
fedorwins1
10/27/07 2:55:26PM
Frankie Edgar over Spencer Fisher
hathcock32
10/27/07 4:24:29PM

Posted by Kastro

Posted by keith-hackney1

1)

2)

discuss ....

According to MMAplayground's betting system, Evans is a huge favorite in this fight which I dont quite understand..

Depending on my financial situation in the week following UFC 78 I might just drop a couple hundred on Bisping..

Im not too impressed with Evans or Bisping for that matter, but IMO Evans needs to drop to 185 he is a smaller fighter @ 205 and I dont see him ever doing well against guys like Chuck, Rampage, or Shogun..

You better watch out you dont want to risk that huge account of 194....