WHich upset Do u see happening???

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » WHich upset Do u see happening???
Next Page »
POLL: UPSET PICK
Randy Couture beating Tim Sylvia 45% (29)
Chris Lytle beating Matt Hughes 5% (3)
Jason Mcdonald over Rich Franklin 38% (24)
Jason Lambert over Babalu 13% (8)
hathcock32
2/9/07 7:22:46PM
UPSET PICK???
BabbyHughes
2/9/07 7:46:56PM
I so hope Couture beats Sylvia, but it doesn't seem that logical to me.
hathcock32
2/9/07 7:51:45PM
Ha i hear you there....As Rogan Says...Randy is my idol...i just cant think of his losing but yea....hes gonna have a tough time!!
Trapt1nw0nder
2/9/07 8:09:42PM
i dont see an upset happening..but the one that is most likely to happen is prolly Jason Macdonald over Rich

and thats that i give Macdonald only a 10% chance
Reignofterror
2/9/07 8:22:36PM
I think Couture over Sylvia has the best chance of happening.
Infused
2/9/07 8:40:51PM
Chris Lytle, and Matt Hughes, just because I'm not a big fan of Hughes
Snacks
2/9/07 9:31:48PM
None of them.
hippysmacker
2/9/07 11:10:34PM
Randy over Sylvia is the most likely IMo, but I think they are all 'Highky" unlikely especially Lytle over Hughes
Svartorm
2/10/07 12:19:02AM
I went with MacDonald vs Franklin, just because of that group, Franklin is least likely to have his head in the game after his loss.
strikefirstgear
2/10/07 1:03:18AM

Posted by Svartorm

I went with MacDonald vs Franklin, just because of that group, Franklin is least likely to have his head in the game after his loss.

Couture is the most likely to happen! I have to think that we will see a much more focused Franklin and Hughes than we have seen in recent events.
jay98107
2/10/07 1:04:38AM
I think the other 3 fights are locks, so i think that Couture is the most eligible to upset his opponent, but i still doubt he will beat sylvia.
Svartorm
2/10/07 2:30:02AM

Posted by strikefirstgear

Couture is the most likely to happen! I have to think that we will see a much more focused Franklin and Hughes than we have seen in recent events.

The reason I went with Franklin is because hes never lost before while being a top level competitor. Hughes, Couture, and Sylvia all have lost while at the top and come back from it. Falling from the top like that could have mentally destroyed Franklin, but we won't know until March.
strikefirstgear
2/10/07 3:01:59AM

Posted by Svartorm

The reason I went with Franklin is because hes never lost before while being a top level competitor. Hughes, Couture, and Sylvia all have lost while at the top and come back from it. Falling from the top like that could have mentally destroyed Franklin, but we won't know until March.

Valid point! Cmon march!!! I am anxious to see a new and refocused Franklin. Lets hope he has found a new sense of hunger. If he trains right and has his mind in it I think he will find a way to take the belt back from Silva.
Svartorm
2/10/07 3:32:44AM
I think he will, but one never knows. Rampage was crippled by his losses for awhile, and Tito as well, so its hard to say how he'll react, but he has the tools to get the belt back I think.
Manfred
2/10/07 4:23:13AM
I went with Franklin for the same reason. And McDonald has skills (Let's see how he avoids the stand-up)

I think most the voters for Randy were voting with their hearts (I'm with you) not their heads
hippysmacker
2/10/07 5:19:23AM

Posted by Manfred

I went with Franklin for the same reason. And McDonald has skills (Let's see how he avoids the stand-up)

I think most the voters for Randy were voting with their hearts (I'm with you) not their heads

I agree ny heart;s defiantely a part of it. Also, Randy has won so many big fight's when he was the underdog, that I think we shouldn't be surprised if he somehow pulls it off
OchoCinco
2/10/07 7:55:33AM
I'm rooting for Couture. Hopefully that's the upset !!
shawneth
2/10/07 12:12:29PM

Posted by Svartorm

Yeah, Hughes even said his mistake was that he was running off fate and thought he was meant to beat GSP. He said himself he'll never make that mistake again.
Stickan
2/10/07 1:21:42PM
Lambert vs Babalu.

Just a gut feeling.
loller90278
2/10/07 1:41:36PM
why is couture the underdog? arent the stats like 40/60 to tim? thats not an underdog just a slight disadvantage..

my vote goes to babalu vs jason lambert
Ydoc
2/10/07 1:42:37PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Manfred

I agree ny heart;s defiantely a part of it. Also, Randy has won so many big fight's when he was the underdog, that I think we shouldn't be surprised if he somehow pulls it off

To add to the fact that he wins the big fights, he also makes some good gameplans for what he is going to do out there. I remember reading someone say that no way Randy came out of retirment without seeing a weakness Tim had. He may have an ace up his sleeve.
strikefirstgear
2/10/07 2:10:05PM
Randy said in an interview that he had been working on his former weakness "big guys" and had found a way to handle the size difference. I think after watching big Tim against Monson he saw where his new abilities and game plan would fit right in against him. No way Randy just thought "I will get in there and see what happens" He has something in mind and it includes walking away from Sylvia with the belt in hand. I am sure the money and fame has something to do with it but he has a game plan in mind for sure.
Violentcuv
2/10/07 2:23:42PM
If any of these happen I think it would be Mcdonald pulling off a submission. I still have my money on ACE, but if any of these happen its gotta be this one.
cowcatcher
2/10/07 2:37:57PM
don't really see any happening, but my heart says Randy, like a lot of others. there's something to be said for class and grace even in a violent contact sport like MMA.
Snacks
2/10/07 7:30:46PM
I would really like someone to explain to me how they see Randy beating Sylvia.
hathcock32
2/10/07 7:36:17PM
Do we all forget how dominating Rick Franklin was before he faught Anderson Silva...Mcdonald is overrated and will suffer a NATE QUARRY type KO. Mcdonald beat Herman whos not to great. His win vs Leben was a decent win...but cmon hes not in ACE's league
Svartorm
2/11/07 2:26:43AM
Theres that. Handing TUF guys their asses is a far cry from doing the same to former champions.
Savy
2/11/07 2:58:55AM
Can I choose "all of the above"?
I don't think any of these are lead pipe locks; especially the Couture fight.
The biigest upset would have to be Hughes losing to Lytle.
Sylvia or Franklin losing would not surprise me at all.
I got my money on Hendo upsetting Wanderlei.
roman
2/11/07 2:31:14PM
Couture is the most likely to pull off the upset, Eventhough I want Couture to beat big Tim I kinda don't. Because then he will have to fight Mirko which IMO cannot go well for Randy at all. And I really want to see Cro Cop fight Tim. So I want Couture to beat Sylivia and I don't.
Jeffanori-Gomi
2/12/07 1:43:17AM
Diaz over Gomi
Pages: [1] 2