what upcoming super fight are you most looking forward to?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » what upcoming super fight are you most looking forward to?
POLL: ...out of these
Rashad Evans vs. Lyoto Machida 27% (17)
Rich Franklin vs. Wanderlei Silva 11% (7)
Georges St-Pierre vs. Thiago Alves 23% (15)
Frank Mir vs. Brock Lesnar 30% (19)
Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping 2% (1)
B.J. Penn vs. Kenny Florian 8% (5)
mentalcase
4/15/09 5:19:22AM
Shawn91111
4/15/09 5:22:22AM
All, but I want to see the Evans/Machida and Franklin/Silva fights a bit more. Only because Im pretty sure Hendo is going to knock Bispings head off.
State_Champ
4/15/09 6:48:41AM
I want to see Machida vs Evans (as long as Machida takes the belt).
And Lesnar vs Mir (I hope Mir gets pummeled).
emfleek
4/15/09 8:57:24AM
It's a toss-up between Evans/Machida and Florian/Penn for me.

I'm stoked for both.
whardin19
4/15/09 9:07:33AM
I'd have to say the Mir vs. Lesnar rematch. I've wanted to see this rematch since the first fight ended. Now it's coming up pretty soon. That first fight was crazy good. Brock made a mistake and payed for it. I don't see Brock making the same mistake twice. I look for him to beat Mir this time.
emfleek
4/15/09 9:08:55AM

Posted by whardin19

I'd have to say the Mir vs. Lesnar rematch. I've wanted to see this rematch since the first fight ended. Now it's coming up pretty soon. That first fight was crazy good. Brock made a mistake and payed for it. I don't see Brock making the same mistake twice. I look for him to beat Mir this time.

Ditto.
Franklinfan47
4/15/09 10:05:40AM
Franklin vs Wandy for me, just because I love both fighters and I know it is going to be a crazy fight.
State_Champ
4/15/09 10:26:51AM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Franklin vs Wandy for me, just because I love both fighters and I know it is going to be a crazy fight.

cowcatcher
4/15/09 11:18:09AM
dont make me choose!!!!

ok if i have to id say mir/lesnar. mirs stand up looked really good last time out and im interested to see if it carrries over, and if lesnar does end up on top again will he make the same mistake. the first match ended so abrubtly after being so one sided that i really want to see what happens this time out.
1daveufc
4/15/09 11:44:45AM
BJ vsKenny for me and i hope bj chokes him out.
emfleek
4/15/09 11:49:43AM

Posted by 1daveufc

WAR KENFLO!!!
DCRage
4/15/09 11:51:26AM
I chose Lesnar-Mir over Penn-Florian. I'd love to see Mir make Lesnar slap...I mean, tap again. If Brock does slap again I will so mark out, I never get tired of it.
State_Champ
4/15/09 11:52:07AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by 1daveufc

WAR KENFLO!!!

WAR KENFLO!

(But i don't know if he can beat BJ, because BJ is damn good.)
burialchamber
4/15/09 11:52:56AM
A lot of these will be awesome but Machida is one of my favorite fighters so I'm really excited about his title shot! I hope he takes it.
gartface
4/15/09 11:59:03AM
Brock Lesnar is going to establish himself as a legitimate #3 heavyweight after he demolishes Mir (again).

Wanderlei vs. Rich is a close second though, that fight is going to be
KaibaThedon
4/15/09 12:25:27PM
I am goin to say BJ vs Kenflo, really pulling for Kenflo.

GSP Alves, just cuz GSP is my guy...

but Machida vs Evans cuz I think Machida will be the one to hand Evans his first loss... plus once he wins, everyone will start drinking their own urine. ROFL
babytater03
4/15/09 2:05:48PM

Posted by cowcatcher

dont make me choose!!!!

ok if i have to id say mir/lesnar. mirs stand up looked really good last time out and im interested to see if it carrries over, and if lesnar does end up on top again will he make the same mistake. the first match ended so abrubtly after being so one sided that i really want to see what happens this time out.

really good comments.

i would only add to your first line.
Mirs stand up did look really crisp and pin point against Nogiuera, not arguing that, but he's going to be MUCH more gun shy against Brock in their fight than he was in the Nog fight.

Just imao

my best friend can't STAND brock.
but i hope he levels Frank. Putting my parlay on it
prozacnation1978
4/15/09 11:02:06PM
i would have to say randy couture vs big nog
followed by penn vs florian
TsekaPrivet
4/15/09 11:13:36PM
Lesnar/Mir because I want to see Mir get his head smashed.
CwB
4/17/09 6:16:40PM
No love for the WEC, Mike Brown vs Urijah Faber im pretty pumped for that,

im most looking forward to mir vs lesner, i hope Mir gets hold of another lesner limb
NatedawgThaM
4/17/09 8:42:04PM
Rashad vs Machida, because I really don't know who's gonna win. It should be intense which we'll make it great!!! Rashad could definitely hold him down and win a decision that way or he could definitely set up a right hand eventually on Machida's untested chin, but Machida's so exlusive striking or wrestling, even clinching is almost impossible against him. Not to mention once Evans gasses, Machida will more then likely finish him so he better work that cardio.

CAN'T WAIT!!!