upcoming IFL

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » upcoming IFL
disorderlyvision
5/15/08 11:23:23AM
why isnt it in the secondaries, the ifl is always in the secondary
xposipx
5/15/08 11:27:09AM
Imes via gogoplata!!!!

But seriously, I don't know why. It's their 3rd or 4th solid card in a row. I'm glad though because I'd have a LOT of trouble with it. I'm guessing they are not doing it so there's a break between seasons because WVR is the last of the current season and has been that way for a while.
Jipper
5/16/08 1:15:14AM
It is by far the worst card in the IFL's history. I've watched since the beginning and like it for some reason but beyond the 3 title fights their isn't a card.
Svartorm
5/16/08 4:52:36AM
Exactly. Its a weak card and they've been having trouble keeping their cards together lately as well. If they have another decent card down the line, we'll do it, but this one missed the mark big time.
xposipx
5/16/08 7:04:42PM
Silly comment to say before the event even airs. I understand not putting it up because of the lack of name fighters, but saying it's "the worst card in IFL history" is just plain ignorant. However, going by that train of thought all of the Cage Rage cards shouldn't be up there either. I know they're for the British fans on the site, but those cards are ALWAYS god-awful as a whole.
disorderlyvision
5/16/08 10:52:54PM

Posted by xposipx

Silly comment to say before the event even airs. I understand not putting it up because of the lack of name fighters, but saying it's "the worst card in IFL history" is just plain ignorant. However, going by that train of thought all of the Cage Rage cards shouldn't be up there either. I know they're for the British fans on the site, but those cards are ALWAYS god-awful as a whole.

if cage rage consistently makes the secondary league then there was no reason to not include the ifl, it was a better card than any of the cage rage events that have been posted.
Svartorm
5/17/08 4:10:58AM
We're not judging cards on their entertainment value, but on their appeal for making picks. The Affliction card should be amazing to watch, but if you look at the picks, its not that intriguing because of all the underdogs. The IFL card might have been entertaining, but the match-ups were relative unknowns vs. relative unknowns, so making picks is guesswork at best.

CR has well-balanced fights that are up early enough where you can research the fighters and make educated picks.
disorderlyvision
5/17/08 8:58:01AM

Posted by Svartorm

We're not judging cards on their entertainment value, but on their appeal for making picks. The Affliction card should be amazing to watch, but if you look at the picks, its not that intriguing because of all the underdogs. The IFL card might have been entertaining, but the match-ups were relative unknowns vs. relative unknowns, so making picks is guesswork at best.

CR has well-balanced fights that are up early enough where you can research the fighters and make educated picks.

I don't understand why you bring up affliction as it is in the secondary league.

the ifl may have had some "unknown v unknown" fights, but cage rage is almost all unknown v unknown so the logic doesnt follow, and even if cr has their card posted early i bet the majority of people dont do research on these unknown fighters, they look at the record and take a guess, just like they would have done with the unknown ifl fighters. but the ifl card had more known fighters than cr. i would have to say that big country, brad imes, horowich etc are more well known than buzz berry and ian freeman
xposipx
5/17/08 11:31:50AM
Yeah I love the site and how it's run so efficiently and really hate to complain, but I agree. CR is just so unentertaining/interesting to me that I don;t even care to research those fighters...it would almost ruin my day to put effort into watching most of them fight (besides Semtex and a few others).
Kracker_Jap
5/17/08 2:36:46PM
Iagree with you guys

Your wasting your time ( Its like walkin through a brick wall ) or talkin to my mother-in-law

Cage Rage more like playin the Lotto than Makin picks
holt8081
5/17/08 10:20:15PM
good thing it wasint on here cuz I would have won.