UFC’s upcoming big-money run

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC’s upcoming big-money run
MMAcca
9/3/08 3:39:47PM
If Chuck Liddell is able to defeat Rashad Evans this Saturday night in Atlanta, Georgia at UFC 88, UFC could well be on its way to the company’s biggest three-month run in PPV business — ever.

That’s a bold statement to make, especially given how much of a party crasher Rashad Evans could be to the proceedings if he is able to pull off the upset against Chuck Liddell.

If Liddell is able to defeat Evans, UFC will have three major blockbuster events in four months. UFC 91 on November 15th will be headlined by Randy Couture vs. Brock Lesnar. UFC 92 on December 27th could feature Chuck Liddell vs. Forrest Griffin for the UFC Light Heavyweight title and Wanderlei Silva vs. Quinton Jackson on the undercard. UFC’s ‘Super Bowl’ event will feature Georges St. Pierre vs. BJ Penn in a clash between the UFC’s 170-pound champion and UFC’s 155-pound champion. That’s a lot of PPV buys at stake for a company that continues to get richer while everyone else (outside of Strikeforce) continues to lose a lot of money financially in MMA.

LINK
prozacnation1978
9/3/08 4:05:34PM
i agree
wandy vs rampage
lidell vs griffin
big nog vs mir would be huge pay per view buys
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/3/08 4:07:54PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

i agree
wandy vs rampage
lidell vs griffin
big nog vs mir would be huge pay per view buys

is ramp still fightin at 91?
if so its gonna be hard for him to fight wandy since wandy is fightin at 92.....
motorboatensob
9/3/08 4:23:51PM
It would make since for Wandy and Rampage to fight at 92 since they don't have any one for Wandy to fight, everyone else is tied up fighting around that date. But if they do that who dose Rue fight.
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/3/08 5:13:57PM

Posted by motorboatensob

It would make since for Wandy and Rampage to fight at 92 since they don't have any one for Wandy to fight, everyone else is tied up fighting around that date. But if they do that who dose Rue fight.

i always liked the idea of a rua/soko fight, but if ufc wants rua to have a warm up fight coming back from injury, maybe he can get stephan bonner
clintjack
9/4/08 1:21:04AM
Yeah Bonner or don't forget about Mark Coleman.
MMAcca
9/4/08 1:25:54AM
I think Rampage will fight Shogun and Wand's opponent will be announced soon.