Unusual Subs. you like to use

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Unusual Subs. you like to use
fedorwins1
8/3/07 6:07:55PM
Mine is when a guy is defending a triangle and they wrap their inside arm around my leg. It's a shoulder lock, grab around their elbow and use your opposite leg and push their head towards their arm and push up on your hips.

Another is when I'm in their guard I use a can opener and when they open their legs drop back to an Achilles Lock.

Also on a failed Achilles Lock you keep their foot underneath your armpit and scoot closer to them until their leg is bent at about 90 degrees and then take your inside leg and put it under their knee on their opposite leg and then straighten your leg and pull their knee towards you. I think it's called a hip knot.

What's you unusual subs. you get in or like to use?
Believe-in-judo81
8/3/07 10:36:55PM
Gogoplata is top of the list of course, if you're waaay flexible and learn how to bait people into setting themselves up for it it becomes much easier to pull off, but it's still at best35-40% sucess rate to pull of a nice tight choke.

In no gi grappling or MMA Barbo and D'arce chokes are great, but any head and arm set-up I'm rather fond of.

Also kneebars, sit-thru knee bar being my personal favorite and one you don't see to often. To be honest I think it's easiest to hit hit them off an Ankle pick from a head tie-up. You just control the leg, step in, and backspin and fall through into a kneebar. (just remember to tombstone your arms and flex your hips)
akumairon
8/4/07 1:01:44AM
it would have to be either omopalata from a purposely failed triangle attempt and a gogopalat from that if it fails as well i also like to use a reverse triangle but most unusual would have to be walls of jericho o yeah thats right walls of jericho
peachfuzzz1305
8/4/07 2:20:12AM
I like usin the Key Lock or the Arm Triange Choke
akumairon
8/4/07 12:35:54PM
those are not that unusual
fedorwins1
8/4/07 12:53:25PM

Posted by peachfuzzz1305

I like usin the Key Lock or the Arm Triange Choke

Errr those are basic moves not so much unusual.
Ultimate_fighter
8/5/07 7:33:29PM
...sorry i do the usual sub...
fedorwins1
8/7/07 1:26:36PM

Posted by Ultimate_fighter

I just learned this one, I haven't tried it yet, but it looks awesome. When someone is turtling you get one hook in and then you put it under their knee you reach back and grab their foot and sit back and then you use your other foot and push your foot away from you and pull their foot towards you it kills your calf.
chickmagnet
8/7/07 5:20:01PM
the gogo plata and the americana are my choosin
akumairon
8/7/07 5:45:08PM

Posted by fedorwins1

Posted by Ultimate_fighter

I just learned this one, I haven't tried it yet, but it looks awesome. When someone is turtling you get one hook in and then you put it under their knee you reach back and grab their foot and sit back and then you use your other foot and push your foot away from you and pull their foot towards you it kills your calf.

the calf crush thats pretty unusual and it hurts like hell
SSfighter51
8/7/07 11:29:47PM
My favorite is like a three way option, i got to armbar from mount. and if they hold there arm, bicep slice it, and if they let go of that, finish the arm bar. it they lock up again. grab the far tricep, and pull them into a wrist lock. you win either way, or atleast i always do.
Believe-in-judo81
8/8/07 1:30:38AM
That's Top game jiu-jitsu 101 SS, and transitions everyone should work on, good call.