Unluckiest fighters?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Unluckiest fighters?
fedorwins1
11/5/07 5:20:56PM
What fighter has the worst luck?

1.) Kevin Randleman, this speaks for itself.

2.) Rulon Gardner, he's survived plane crashes, being stranded in the wilderness, he impaled himself with an arrow, and had a serious motorcycle accident.

3.) Cro Cop, he was on top of the world and then all of a sudden goes to the UFC and gets KTFO and then loses a decision to Cheick Kongo.

4.) Pete Sell, good fighter with horrible luck in the cage. Early stoppage against Nate Quarry, was winning the fight with Scott Smith and landed a great body shot that looked to have stopped Smith and then BAM! all of a sudden he gets KTFO, and then he gets a shot of revenge on Nate Quarry from the early stoppage; he was winning and then BAM! again gets KTFO out of the blue.

I know I'm probably missing some.
rcg916
11/5/07 5:25:51PM

Posted by fedorwins1

4.) Pete Sell, good fighter with horrible luck in the cage. Early stoppage against Nate Quarry, was winning the fight with Scott Smith and landed a great body shot that looked to have stopped Smith and then BAM! all of a sudden he gets KTFO, and then he gets a shot of revenge on Nate Quarry from the early stoppage; he was winning and then BAM! again gets KTFO out of the blue.

This was my pick, right here!

Maybe Nick Diaz, since he is on the losing side of so many insanely close decisions...
gspgnp
11/5/07 5:31:35PM
Definitely Diaz! His fights with Sherk, hironaka, Riggs, Sanchez and Parisyan all could have gone either way. I think he won the Parisyan and especially the Sherk fight.
hotrodttt
11/5/07 5:33:24PM
Chris Lytle , he can never win a decision
loonytnt
11/5/07 5:48:44PM
Matt hammil
three_days_of_grey
11/5/07 6:03:40PM
Frank Mir, Manny Gamburyan, Heath Herring, the aformentioned Nick Diaz, and Whoever Fights GSP Next.

-OUT-
ohiostate1016
11/5/07 6:08:58PM
I'm gonna go way back on you guys.

Roberto Duran-He could have been considered the best ever if it wasn't for one Sugar Ray Leonard. As it stands, "No mas" is the most notbale thing ever said/done by Duran.

Sonny Liston-Same as with Duran. He could have been considered the best ever if it wasn't for Cassius Clay aka Muhammad Ali. He was on top of the world, until a young punk kid beat him and took his belt.

D0wnUnd6e6r
11/5/07 6:35:06PM
The King of Rock n' Rumble... Sinosic never really had a chance to spread his talent in the ufc. Can't wait to see him fight come CageRage 24, Cahoon's going down.
kevietre
11/5/07 6:43:06PM

Posted by gspgnp

Definitely Diaz! His fights with Sherk, hironaka, Riggs, Sanchez and Parisyan all could have gone either way. I think he won the Parisyan and especially the Sherk fight.

I agree. There is no way Joe Riggs should have been awarded that decision against Diaz at UFC 57.
ohiostate1016
11/5/07 6:54:10PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

The King of Rock n' Rumble... Sinosic never really had a chance to spread his talent in the ufc. Can't wait to see him fight come CageRage 24, Cahoon's going down.

I'm not as bicker about Sinosic's lack of a chance as a lot of Aussies are, but he deserves more than to be thrown to every single up and comer in the UFC. I mean, just look at his UFC opponents:

UFC 30: won vs. Jeremy Horn-He won this match, and a lot of people were surprised. Horn is a solid fighter, and ES should have lost this fight.

UFC 32: lost vs. Tito Ortiz-this was when Tito was dominating. It was not fair for Elvis to face him

UFC 36: lost vs. Evan Tanner-Tanner was one of the top LHWs at this time, and won the MW title right after this

UFC 38: lost vs. Babalu-again, Babalu was near the top of the LHW div. at this time

UFC 55: lost vs. Forrest Griffin-Forrest looked to be on the fast track to a title shot

UFC 57: lost vs. Sakara-He probably should have won this fight, but he didn't

UFC 70: lost vs. Mike Bisping-He almost had Mike submitted in this fight, but Bisping was too strong for him.

So overall, Sinosic is 1-6 in the UFC. And he was only favored in one fight (Sakara). Overall, ES is 8-10-2.
MALICE
11/5/07 6:55:40PM
On your list I gotta say Sell. Fights hard, but that KO punch just seems to sneak up on him. But, unluckiest fighter has to be Diaz. So many close decisions that could have gone either way.
NatedawgThaM
11/5/07 8:11:56PM
Randleman definitely because of SO many bad breaks and he's my fav. fighter.

Diaz is pretty unlucky from all those split decisions that SHOULD have went his weay. (Im not bias because im in the Diaz fan club lol)

Sell is pretty unlucky too. Shitty stoppage with Quarry the 1st time. Practically has Scott Smith stopped because of injury kinda like Lousia-Charles but Scott throws the luckiest punch ever and he gets KO'd. Then he was beating Quarry's behind for 2 rounds and get caught and KO'd. Back luck or bad chin?
jgordon85
11/6/07 12:39:07AM

Posted by fedorwins1

What fighter has the worst luck?

1.) Kevin Randleman, this speaks for itself.

2.) Rulon Gardner, he's survived plane crashes, being stranded in the wilderness, he impaled himself with an arrow, and had a serious motorcycle accident.

3.) Cro Cop, he was on top of the world and then all of a sudden goes to the UFC and gets KTFO and then loses a decision to Cheick Kongo.

you have a good point with randleman,gardner,cro cop, but pete i like the dude he looks like a fight but has not performed since his win against baroni. i am dissapointed in this dude. the first fight against quarry was an early bull$hit stoppage. but the scott smith bout he charged in like a meathead with his hands down swing like it was a rocky movie punch i feel his pain though. the second quarry fight he was beat quarry gavw him chance on the ground and then blasted this dude he was out. i question his jits too. he needs to go out of the ufc and get wins and then come back. i like the dude thought he is funny and entertaining.
juanez13
11/6/07 8:54:38AM
dave terrel...he has had so many injuries lately
cowcatcher
11/6/07 9:29:53AM
clay guida has as tough a time as anyone winning decisions, and is always exciting and in the fight no matter who hes against so hes had a little bit of a rough go, although he seems to have turned the corner now.
jgordon85
11/6/07 10:23:16AM

Posted by juanez13

thats true. everytime he gets a good fight. he must have delicate bones.
ohiostate1016
11/6/07 1:53:55PM
What about Karo Parisyan? He has been at the top of the UFC WW division for a long time without a title match...
pv3Hpv3p
11/6/07 4:10:49PM

Posted by juanez13

Exactley what I was thinking...
TOMMYAYO05
11/6/07 4:38:41PM
Georges st. Pierre(when serra luckily knocked him out)
Kevin Randleman(Slammed the hell out of Fedor but could not finish him and could of maybe of been the only person to beat fedor)
Nick Diaz(loss many close decisions)
Rich Franklin(dominated the mw division and then anderson silva comes in)
Iceman71
11/6/07 11:18:43PM
Tiki Ghosn
KYGUY07
11/7/07 10:01:11AM

Posted by cowcatcher

clay guida has as tough a time as anyone winning decisions, and is always exciting and in the fight no matter who hes against so hes had a little bit of a rough go, although he seems to have turned the corner now.