Unfortunate Looking Heavyset Woman Attacks Kpro

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Unfortunate Looking Heavyset Woman Attacks Kpro
Kpro
8/28/12 1:00:38AM
I just got back from my road-trip from Seattle down to the North Bay area of Cali for the week. I was cruising down I-5 through Tacoma then Vancouver on my way out of Washington then passed through Portland, and as I got around the Corvallis area, I thought, I need to get some gas.

So I pull off I-5 and into a Shell station, it's not too busy so I find a spot and start getting some gas in the vehicle. All of a sudden from out of nowhere, this heavyset unfortunate looking lady right here:

comes out of nowhere and starts yelling about a year in jail and a fine in the thousands and she could call the police.

The first thing that comes to my mind, is I swear I check ID's on any chicks I sleep with so unless there was a fake, this isn't about that.

The second thing, that may have gone through your mind too is that my camera takes shitty pictures, but the saving grace is whatever the person is saying shows up preserved in a text box. It look like I did that in 1 minute in Paint but I assure you that's straight from my Blackberry.

So then I think, what the hell is this lady yelling at me for, I haven't done anything wrong.

You can't pump your own gas anywhere in Oregon?! What the hell, this goes on all year round and is that big of a deal?

That's crazy talk. I had to gas up before exiting Cali on my way back up and then not stop for gas again until I was back to Washington today to avoid crazy, screaming, heavyset, unfortunate looking ladies yelling at me about sending me to jail for pumping my own gas.

This is how gas stations in Oregon operate? Prophecy help me out here?

What's up with that?
backalley101
8/28/12 1:16:33AM
The first time went through Oregon, the same thing happened to me.
Twenty20Dollars
8/28/12 1:20:43AM
I've heard about the not allowed to pump your own gas thing, but I didn't look much into it.

Pretty ridiculous sounding, though. A year in jail? There are some more dangerous things that people do and don't even do jail time for.

EDIT: Quick google search. Also not allowed in NJ. Briefly read that it might be an old law that hasn't been changed.

Oregon's passed in 1951. The rest of the country changed expect those two when self-service pumps came about.

"New Jersey, where the state legislature decided in 1949 that “because of the fire hazards directly associated with dispensing fuel, it is in the public interest that gasoline station operators have the control needed over that activity to ensure compliance with appropriate safety procedures.”
link

--Is there some type of special skills or training needed to having the pump job?

Not sure why that lady or anyone would make a big deal out it. The rest of the country can do it on their own.

Not sure if that lady was correct about a year in jail, though. I'd have to look more into it, but I'm assuming it would be a fine.

I'm guessing they also have a law of where you can't poop in their bathrooms w/o having someone there to hold your hand during.
prozacnation1978
8/28/12 1:26:05AM
Wow crazy rules in oregan. Never heard of that
If you wipe your own ass in a public bathroom do you get fined for that too??
infestructure
8/28/12 1:43:16AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Wow crazy rules in oregan. Never heard of that
If you wipe your own ass in a public bathroom do you get fined for that too??

Thats fucked up. Mind you, there are so many dumbshits out there in the world maybe that's a good law.
Flammable liquid squirting out a hose is too much for some folks to handle I suppose.
I kind of wish they would be a whole lot more strict on driver licensing. As in you need jet fighter pilot reflexes to drive, otherwise you get restricted to public transport and/or slow lanes. I'm sick of nearly being killed by people who don't understand the physics of moving vehicles.

Sorry went off on a tangent there
Kpro
8/28/12 1:48:37AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Quick google search. Also not allowed in NJ.

So this guy has probably never pumped his own gas...

prophecy033
8/28/12 2:18:31AM
Haha, I'm sorry Kpro. That's no way to treat a guest to the state. It's true, some lonely depressed fat women with no sex life tend to get all huffy n puffy like their important. The cop would laugh at her and hang up the phone if she called about that dumb shit. I don't pump my own gas in my personal truck but you CAN pump diesel, so I pump my own in my work truck.

If you think about it, each gas station hires 6-10 gas attendants. There are hundreds of gas stations in Oregon. That's a lot of jobs even if they don't pay real well. Now if every state hired gas attendants, I feel, the unemployment number may shrink a bit. Just a thought
jjeans
8/28/12 4:14:48AM
UK is far less messed up guys, so long as your over 16 you can fill a vehicle. Despite the car driving age is 17...
thevoodooninja
8/28/12 8:00:09AM

Posted by backalley101

The first time went through Oregon, the same thing happened to me.

fuckin oregon
kopower
8/28/12 8:02:03AM
I dunno Kpro, the lady looks kinda hot. I'd give her a go.

In the city I live in, it is a new law/rule that all gas must be pre pay only. It's not a problem for me, as I always just swipe my credit card. I'm assuming the city has a high rate of gas and goes, therefore the rule change.
kopower
8/28/12 8:32:52AM
So do these people that fill up your gas tank require a tip? Do they get pissed if you don't give one? Seems pretty ridiculous to tip for something you could easily do youreself. I'd probably only give one if it were raining, or super cold out.
scoozna
8/28/12 9:17:45AM
I'm very sorry to hear about your attack. You shoulda gone Shamrock on her ass and dropped her.

As a frequent driver in NJ, i can verify that this same idiocy is the law here as well. I have to assume that the intelligent people of New Jersey, such as Snooki, JWOW, and The Situation - and the fella in that picture above - are all capable of pumping their own gas. Gas-pumping law reform should be a priority.

I do not tip the gas-pump attendant. They don't appear to expect one either, they move on to the next car so quickly. I do give them a cash Christmas present though (I tend to stop at the same station each week and see the same guys).

Coincidentally, I've never seen a woman pump gas in NJ. There could be some sort of gas-pump-sexism going on.
grappler0000
8/28/12 9:34:10AM

Posted by kopower

In the city I live in, it is a new law/rule that all gas must be pre pay only. It's not a problem for me, as I always just swipe my credit card. I'm assuming the city has a high rate of gas and goes, therefore the rule change.

The number of gas-and-goes skyrocketed the same time that gas prices did. There's no law where I'm at, but nearly every gas station that I've been to in the last few years has implemented some sort of pre-pay policy.
DancingDoll
8/28/12 10:03:20AM

Posted by infestructure

Flammable liquid squirting out a hose is too much for some folks to handle I suppose.

This is true. We all saw what happened in Zoolander.
Svartorm
8/28/12 11:28:52AM
I find it amazing that we've all been pumping gas since we started driving, and are still walking this Earth. What are the chances of that?
george112
8/28/12 11:37:59AM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by kopower

The number of gas-and-goes skyrocketed the same time that gas prices did. There's no law where I'm at, but nearly every gas station that I've been to in the last few years has implemented some sort of pre-pay policy.

Texas must have no gas laws. Been pumping my own gas for as long as I can remember

Also the prepay thing I find annoying. Valero doesn't implement it so I go there most of the time
pmoney
8/28/12 2:47:20PM

Posted by george112

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by kopower

Texas must have no gas laws. Been pumping my own gas for as long as I can remember

Also the prepay thing I find annoying. Valero doesn't implement it so I go there most of the time

Pre-Paying and self service in California has been the standard for as long as I can remember.

I think Prophecy has a great idea for the US economy though! If every gas station hired a bunch of people to pump gas, that's a lot of jobs. And the big oil companies are making more than anyone thanks to the PURELY artificial gas increase. They can afford some more workers on the payroll
ncordless
8/28/12 3:04:07PM
That's how we do.

The law is there to create living wage jobs for the unskilled, but pretends to be a safety regulation. I had the same thing happen to me when I first moved here. I have never actually heard of anyone being prosecuted for pumping their own gas, and don't believe there is really a criminal penalty unless you do it on purpose or drive off without paying for it.
prophecy033
8/28/12 4:17:01PM

Posted by ncordless

That's how we do.

The law is there to create living wage jobs for the unskilled, but pretends to be a safety regulation. I had the same thing happen to me when I first moved here. I have never actually heard of anyone being prosecuted for pumping their own gas, and don't believe there is really a criminal penalty unless you do it on purpose or drive off without paying for it.

Just a question for a fellow Oregonian.....how many jobs do you feel are created by this law? Gas Attendants only?
infestructure
8/28/12 5:00:41PM

Posted by DancingDoll

Posted by infestructure

This is true. We all saw what happened in Zoolander.

Best scene ever!

...You put the boom boom into my heart
You send my soul sky high when your lovin starts...
Bubbles
8/30/12 10:17:06PM
silly Americans
Ordep
8/30/12 10:32:52PM
I just deleted Oregon as a search filter in my USAjobs account.