Undisputed champ Henderson "cool" with Varner, ready for next WEC challenge

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Undisputed champ Henderson "cool" with Varner, ready for next WEC challenge
hate4thestate
1/11/10 10:26:12AM
SACRAMENTO, Calif. – Two champions entered the cage for the main event of Sunday's "WEC 46: Varner vs. Henderson" event, and both looked to walk away from the bout with the title "undisputed" added to their championship status.

With a deftly applied third-round guillotine choke, former interim title holder Benson Henderson (11-1 MMA, 4-0 WEC) did exactly that.

A vanquished Jamie Varner (16-3 MMA, 4-1 WEC) was stripped of his belt, and the controversial lightweight offered a few parting verbal shots in the post-fight interview. But at the evening's post-fight press conference, "Smooth" told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that he harbored no ill feelings toward Varner.

link
mshalosky
1/11/10 8:46:35PM
I was really disapointed with varner last night. Trash talking the person that just beat u is just stupid. Also varner said that henderson didnt wanna fight all he wanted to do was grapple when varner was the one going for takedowns. And the comment in itself i beleive makes mma look bad. Varner is a great fighter but come on dude u cant do stuff like that
CwB
1/11/10 9:27:55PM
I've never liked Varner, but recent comments of his made me wonder why I didnt like him, then last night he reminded me why I dont like him...

Oh well sets up another interesting Grudge matchin the WEC 155 div.
mmapunch
1/21/10 5:05:52PM
it really seems varner is trying to push this MMA villan role on himself.

but henderson looked great, he is a badass fighter.
chubbud22
1/24/10 6:50:59AM
His after fight speeches are the the worst ever; I would like to see cerrone beat the tar our of varner next. Varner tells people to boo him but, they already are, he needs to be classy in defeat.