UFC Undisputed 2009 - Post all related info here

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC Undisputed 2009 - Post all related info here
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Mayhem13
5/19/09 8:32:49PM
add me on xbox live! I wanna face off against some playgrounders!

MMASPORTS
mkiv9secsupra
5/19/09 9:00:55PM
Why does herb dean have such an unmanly voice?
innovater450
5/19/09 9:33:55PM
Arlovski's boxing is sick, cro-cop is unstoppable with kicks, and huerta destroys!!!
doobie_smkr
5/19/09 9:40:20PM
got mine today at lunch! stupid gamestop....wish i would have known about best buy's deal! ARGH!
nickcuc547
5/19/09 11:21:48PM
isn't it supposed to have bader and efrain in it if you get it at game stop, because i def. don't have either of them.
slapshot
5/20/09 1:44:52AM

Posted by nickcuc547

isn't it supposed to have bader and efrain in it if you get it at game stop, because i def. don't have either of them.

Its a game code inside the case and WTF its not even valid yet.....

Pookie
5/20/09 3:12:56AM
Online play is so easy right now, unless your unlucky enough to go up against one of the few cheapskates with turbo controllers, who will sub bj penn with roger huerta a minute into the first round.

Brock Lesnar seems to get destroyed by everybody. Especially Big Nog.

Anderson Silva's achilles heel really is Demian Maia, get mount and control him while he tries to buck for a round and a half, then the sub comes easy.

Machida is a savage in the game, and ive only lost to an extremely good shogun in online play so far.

Everybody seems to pick Diego Sanchez at LW, i find it kind of weird.

And Bj Penn has the most savage GnP from Mount.

My xbox live name is darkdamage707, feel free to add me.
cmill21
5/20/09 3:27:49AM
Cmill31 you can add me, but I'm not much of a gamer and my internet lags reeeeally bad with this game.
Leland
5/20/09 8:54:06AM
God this game is tooo good. The online play is relatively fun unless you get a laggy player.

And about the turbo buttons comment, I have a regular controller, but I just tap like a psycho when subbing someone. I have subbed 3-4 people in round 1 in ranked matches It was sooo funny, I played a dude who was 20-0 and I subbed him in the 1st within 2 minutes LOL too good.

Great game, although a few flaws. I am sure UFC will either patch this game to fix some of the online lag, or come out with UFC 2010 much more polished hopefully. This is their first game so you have to give them a little bit of slack, MMA is not an easy sport to mimic, and I think they did a very good job with this. There is so much detail and so many reversal possibilities. It is quite fun

Also I hope the idiots who are like 750 wins 2 losses get banned. Thats just not right. Some dude already has like 999999 points. FAIL
1daveufc
5/20/09 6:52:12PM

Posted by cmill21

Beat, Brock, Kongo, Gonzaga, AA and Nog with Cro Cop. I am unstoppable as Mirko.

Unstoppabla a well a beg to difer when i can go live with it am sure a cud beat you down.If you have xbox live just send me your gamer tag name via PM and we will sort this out.
Kpro
5/20/09 9:58:23PM
Got a 17-5 LW Champ with 15 (T)KO's. He's an 87 ranking now.

I love KO'ing Sherk/Maynard/Edgar/etc/etc, all the wrestlers in the division with a muay thai knee on their shoot.

BJ Penn is a stud on the ground though, lost to him twice before beating him.

I can't even sub anyone. Anyone have any advice ?
Aaronno9
5/20/09 10:20:36PM
During the career mode do you just fight the fighters on roster over and over? Or is it like fight night where you start off fighting made up fighters?
Aaronno9
5/20/09 10:26:13PM
Also, when you create a fighter, can you give him attributes to use in exibition games ect? or do you have to start with nothing and go through career mode? I saw a pretty sweet Fedor build on sherdog so it should be fun seeing who can create the best looking fighters for Randy ect.
Kpro
5/21/09 1:10:25AM

Posted by Aaronno9

During the career mode do you just fight the fighters on roster over and over? Or is it like fight night where you start off fighting made up fighters?

There's 25 in the division rankings and however many are real are however many there are in that weight class in the game. So you initially fight made up guys to climb the rankings up to around 15-20 or so.
Kpro
5/21/09 1:12:11AM

Posted by Aaronno9

Also, when you create a fighter, can you give him attributes to use in exibition games ect? or do you have to start with nothing and go through career mode? I saw a pretty sweet Fedor build on sherdog so it should be fun seeing who can create the best looking fighters for Randy ect.

I created a fighter and he was a 78; as soon as I entered him into career mode he became a 70. Now that I've worked him up to champ, he's an 87 if I want to use him in exhibition mode. I assume the more I defend my belt and train he'll be in the 90s shortly.

So you'll definitely want to/have to take a Fedor, for instance, through career mode and build up his abilities accordingly.
grappler0000
5/21/09 12:31:06PM

Posted by Aaronno9

I've created a pretty sweet Fedor in my career mode. It was the first thing I did actually.
Leland
5/21/09 12:31:25PM

Posted by Kpro

Got a 17-5 LW Champ with 15 (T)KO's. He's an 87 ranking now.

I love KO'ing Sherk/Maynard/Edgar/etc/etc, all the wrestlers in the division with a muay thai knee on their shoot.

BJ Penn is a stud on the ground though, lost to him twice before beating him.

I can't even sub anyone. Anyone have any advice ?

When you get a sub on someone, tap the *$#% out of your (A,B,X Y on the X360 controller) buttons lol. I beat people all the time with subs because i am a super fast tapper. i actually use both hands to tap when im subbing someone. its unstoppable, and kind of cheap actually, but it works :) I subbed someone the other day within 2 minutes of the fight, he was beatin the crap out of me, I got a counter, put him on his back, and won by knee bar in rd 1 :)

It also seems if you get a better guard position on the ground that you have a better chance with subs as they are more vulnerable.
innovater450
5/21/09 4:19:16PM
anyone get a ko/sub/fight of the night award?? Cant figure out how.....been knocking the crap out of ppl and subbing a couple and still cant get it
Kpro
5/21/09 7:27:23PM

Posted by innovater450

anyone get a ko/sub/fight of the night award?? Cant figure out how.....been knocking the crap out of ppl and subbing a couple and still cant get it

My guy retired at 28-6 with 5 FOTN's and 9 KOTN's.

For some reason every time I KO'd a guy within 90 seconds I'd get both. Not sure how that earns a FOTN but I'll take it. Generally the back and forth wars that I KO'd with a minute left got me nothing.
chuckw94
5/21/09 8:04:03PM
i'm chuckw94 on PS3 if any of you want to fight online.
nickcuc547
5/21/09 8:18:25PM
noticed knees in the clinch are deadly, almost unfair to be honest with you, and striking defense is ridiculously hard.
chuckw94
5/21/09 11:01:28PM
this is how to unlock skyscrape. you have to be on the page where it says push start. hit up,up,up,down,left,right,up,and start. he should be in the middleweights. it works on the xbox and ps3. good luck guys
Wolfenstein
5/21/09 11:07:49PM
Is anyone getting decent at subs? I've probably played 50 matches on advanced and I've only hit one armbar. I'm going for them like crazy, but most of them aren't even near submissions.
Aaronno9
5/22/09 4:03:54AM
I hate this game. I just spent 4 minutes of the first round mounted with Chuck vs Forrest landing constant body shots. Second round starts and he runs across the cage and does a step jab. Knocked out cold.

This game is going to cost me alot in controllers if early indications are anything to go by.
Aaronno9
5/22/09 4:50:30AM
Something needs to be done about online quitters. Ive locked up 3 subs in a row with Florian, only for the connection to be lost at the tap and the win doesnt count. Joke.
mrsmiley
5/22/09 7:22:32AM
Got to play the game at my brothers house yesterday.
All I can say is wow.
Great game.

I played the demo previously,but the whole game is just amazing.
Playing online is a blast and each fight got me fired up.

I seem to do best with Mike Swick and Frank Mir.
Aaronno9
5/23/09 5:36:51AM
Getting to a high level is gay. It takes so long to get a fight as soon as you hit 30ish becouse people just pull straight out looking for easy wins.
king_katool
5/23/09 5:41:15AM

Posted by Aaronno9

Getting to a high level is gay. It takes so long to get a fight as soon as you hit 30ish becouse people just pull straight out looking for easy wins.

im at LVL 25 about give or take 2-3 with a 14-2 on line record
king_katool
5/23/09 5:41:56AM

Posted by Aaronno9

im at LVL 25 about give or take 2-3 with a 14-2 on line record
Aaronno9
5/23/09 11:13:32AM
Who are you guys playing online with? Ive been playing lots with Hendo, Alves and Sherk, I love beating on people with henderson.

Gamertag is Aaronno9 if anybody wants to play
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6