UFC Undisputed 2009 - Post all related info here

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC Undisputed 2009 - Post all related info here
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Kpro
5/13/09 7:21:23PM
I'm going to create a 10 fight card and have it all be computer controlled fighters and invite some friends over, get smashed, and make them pay $5 each to watch it.
cmill21
5/13/09 7:29:43PM

Posted by Kpro

I'm going to create a 10 fight card and have it all be computer controlled fighters and invite some friends over, get smashed, and make them pay $5 each to watch it.

Haha, you are a true entreprenure.
Kpro
5/13/09 7:33:59PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Kpro

Haha, you are a true entreprenure.

scratch that; the 5 fight card will be televised at my house.

They have to pay me $9.99 a month to subscribe to my Youtube channel where I will broadcast the undercard.
cmill21
5/13/09 7:52:18PM

Posted by Jackelope

I am of the belief that gameplay will become stale relatively quick. Especially without south paw stances! WTF?! THQ = Fail.

Wait, so Cro Cop and Anderson will be orthodox...?
Jackelope
5/13/09 11:22:13PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Jackelope

I am of the belief that gameplay will become stale relatively quick. Especially without south paw stances! WTF?! THQ = Fail.

At least if what one of the posters on here said is true. They said that in an official release (or something) that they couldn't do south paw stances because of character collision problems. Check back a couple posts in this same thread- it explains it

In the May 2009 issue of Fight! Magazine, THQ highlighted some of the setbacks they faced during the game's development as a result of various clipping issues within the collision detection. They stated that they removed rising UFC star Clay Guida from the roster due to the clipping issues presented by his lengthy hair on his character model and even offered him money to cut it but he refused. Southpaw stances were also excluded for clipping issues. As such, southpaw fighters such as Rich Franklin fight with the more traditional right-hand stance in the game.
Aaronno9
5/14/09 12:16:16AM
Im pretty sure ive switched stances during gameplay before.... or mabeys im just imagining things.
cmill21
5/14/09 2:26:03AM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Jackelope

At least if what one of the posters on here said is true. They said that in an official release (or something) that they couldn't do south paw stances because of character collision problems. Check back a couple posts in this same thread- it explains it

In the May 2009 issue of Fight! Magazine, THQ highlighted some of the setbacks they faced during the game's development as a result of various clipping issues within the collision detection. They stated that they removed rising UFC star Clay Guida from the roster due to the clipping issues presented by his lengthy hair on his character model and even offered him money to cut it but he refused. Southpaw stances were also excluded for clipping issues. As such, southpaw fighters such as Rich Franklin fight with the more traditional right-hand stance in the game.

Thats absolute garbage! I mean yeah i'll still get it and kick peoples heads off, but come on, it won't make sense "left leg hospital, right leg cemetary"? Sounds rediculous, or how about RHK....WTF?

EDIT: Just saw a vid of Cro Cop vs AA....orthodox. And his hands are garbage. Does anyone not realize that he was a BOXER! when he came into K-1?
king_katool
5/14/09 5:55:25PM

Posted by Kpro

i remember reading that THQ said you wouldnt be able to do comp vs comp

and on a side note, i was watching the Ultimate Fighter last night and during the commercials i saw one for UFC Undisputed 2009 Available Now,did any1 else see this? yes i thought i heard wrong but i seen it more then once, 3 times to be exact
DCRage
5/15/09 12:10:38PM
The game comes out Tuesday in the US, but those of you over in England have to wait until next Friday. In the meantime, Mania put together a list of game outlets that are offering freebies with pre-orders while supplies last for those who want to pre-order before next Friday:
Game & Gamestation: Escudero & Bader right away (The GameStop bonus of these fighters is ONLY for the US)
HMV: UFC 70 DVD
Play.com: Exclusive mini strategy guide
mentalcase
5/16/09 2:47:56AM
slapshot
5/16/09 5:00:11PM

Posted by mentalcase

the reviews so far..

Hmm no game spot or 1up reviews?

Gamespot

1up

IGN
slapshot
5/17/09 2:32:07PM
One more day peeps, then its on like kong!
king_katool
5/17/09 6:37:25PM

Posted by slapshot

Posted by mentalcase

the reviews so far..

Hmm no game spot or 1up reviews?

Gamespot

1up

IGN

LOL OMG i went to the gamestop link and went to the PS3 section they have a Q&A thing up for the game this are some questions from a user on there

voldebutt21

Posted May 15, 2009 5:47 pm PT

1. What are some of the different martial arts types?
2. do they really fight differently depending on the different martial art type?
3. Are Bas Rutten, Kimbo Slice, and that one asian guy whos name is something like ken lee...the guy that knocks the hell outa everyone...he used to be in some other type of championship and he was great..

some1 tells him this is a UFC game why the **** would Kimbo be in it?? and he says

voldebutt21

Posted May 15, 2009 7:26 pm PT

he was in the ufc against that one russian guy something like alexander or whatever..and he got KO'd in the first and everyone was like :O!!!.wasnt that ufc?

DCRage
5/18/09 7:12:17AM
One more special offer was revealed today, this if you buy online from Best Buy:
You DO NOT get Escudero & Bader right away but you get all this:
The game (should start shipping tomorrow)
One of these UFC DVDs FREE (Your choice, all are $15 each): UFC 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 90, 92, The Best Of 2007, Ultimate Knockouts 6 (FYI: while available through this offer, 92 is backordered and will take 1-2 weeks to ship, all others ship in 1-2 days). 91 is not available with this offer.
A FREE $10 Best Buy Gift Card.
A coupon for $10 off a future UFC PPV (bundled with game).
That's a $95 total value for $59.99 plus shipping & tax. Gift card and DVDs may ship separately.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat182100050016
Aaronno9
5/18/09 6:13:16PM
Any of you guys managed to pick it up early? We dont get it till Friday, I cant wait. Managed to pick it up with the Liddell vs Jackson DVD for £30.
king_katool
5/18/09 8:13:32PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Any of you guys managed to pick it up early? We dont get it till Friday, I cant wait. Managed to pick it up with the Liddell vs Jackson DVD for £30.

My anut let me play it for a day, she works at a video store and got it in last thursday, i had it from sat night to sun night, because her boss was working monday, its pretty good, my big beef is no ring enterances
cmill21
5/18/09 11:10:35PM
Going to pick it up at midnight tonight. Should be badass.
slapshot
5/18/09 11:58:59PM
I was wondering if we might have enough interest in a league to form a camp and play a ladder? We would need 20 players 10 for xb360 and 10 for the ps3 ladder I.E. 2 for each weight class.
I'M hoping we can form a MMA playground camp, it would be awesome if mma playground would host there own ladder here but I dont know if the admins have gave it much thought?

Either way Id like to get something going.

Here is the league site. Link

ncordless
5/19/09 2:45:51AM
First match... Amir subs Maia by triangle 1st rnd.

Second match... Maia KO over Amir rnd 1

cmill21
5/19/09 3:21:15AM
Beat, Brock, Kongo, Gonzaga, AA and Nog with Cro Cop. I am unstoppable as Mirko.
king_katool
5/19/09 8:42:51AM
going to get mine, store opens in 20 mins, ****** best buy, i had it paid for alrdy at gamestop
KaibaThedon
5/19/09 1:45:21PM
Purchased my copy already, walked down the street on my break to go buy it.

Georges St Pierre is on the cover of the Canadian version... awww yeah!!

Can't wait to play this
Aaronno9
5/19/09 2:25:59PM
:(

I want to play now.

Some questions -

What are Cro Cops kicks stats and Maias grappling stats like? And also, do all fighters with the kickboxing style do Chucks overhand right or is that unique to him.
cmill21
5/19/09 4:19:04PM

Posted by Aaronno9

:(

I want to play now.

Some questions -

What are Cro Cops kicks stats and Maias grappling stats like? And also, do all fighters with the kickboxing style do Chucks overhand right or is that unique to him.

I haven't done an over hand with anyone but chuck, kickboxers seem to do spinning back fists and supermans. Cro Cop's kicks are 92 and you can pretty much keep anyone at bay with the leg kicks.
bojangalz
5/19/09 4:59:51PM
Is it just me or should their be an entire forum strickly for this game. I mean one thread doesn't do it justice. There should be a dedicated thread to create-a-fighter look-a-like's alone. That way anyone who has taken the time to design a great looking rendition of a fighter missing from the game could post their "formula" to help others out. I started my career today with a pretty lame looking Randy Couture. I'll have to go back to the drawing board for sure.
Kpro
5/19/09 5:43:14PM
I created a great Nick Diaz, spitting image, minus the attitude of course.

About to start on Randy Couture.

I don't know if I can make the head adjustments necessary to make a Pete Sell.
nickcuc547
5/19/09 5:46:04PM
just got the game today, so far it's great but there is definitely a learning curve, especially on the ground, definitely fun and the graphics are just ridiculous. I don't think i got it down yet though considering i got decisioned by nakamura as jardine, ouch.
Kpro
5/19/09 6:53:22PM
I've lost 2 unanimous decisions in a row and all 3 judges had it 28-27 for both fights.

wtf?
king_katool
5/19/09 7:50:28PM
ive alrdy won the LHW belt and lost it LOL, KO evans for it and Rampage Subed me
Aaronno9
5/19/09 8:17:30PM
I finally pulled off my first submission after about a month playing the demo lol. I also find the single collar clinch that Chuck can do to be way more effective than the plum.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6