Undertaker talks UFC 121 (Video)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Undertaker talks UFC 121 (Video)
Hendo67
10/24/10 2:45:57PM
Undertaker Stares Down Lesnar

Pretty interesting, i thought these two were buddies... Lesnar walks by and they stare down each other.
Chael_Sonnen
10/24/10 4:26:57PM

Posted by Hendo67

Pretty interesting, i thought these two were buddies... Lesnar walks by and they stare down each other.

WWE work job....scripted....that, or Undertaker had one too many.
Hendo67
10/24/10 4:53:03PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by Hendo67

WWE work job....scripted....that, or Undertaker had one too many.

How could that be a work job after Lesnar just got his head kicked in? it makes no sense. "Hey Brock, i realize you just got pumped... now you have to go stare down the Undertaker for the cameras"

Makes zero sense, and they have the undertaker out of character...
Taylor8766
10/24/10 5:10:28PM
meh undertaker said it was a personal thing, I wouldhave loved to see the undertaker in mma I think he would be a decent HW, but hes a little seasoned now.
Jackelope
10/24/10 5:27:32PM
Man I gotta tell you... I'm not a fan of WWE or anything, but I've always thought Undertaker was one of the coolest personalities out there regardless of the sport. Haha I'd be pumped up to see a street fight between Lesnar and the Undertaker. I'm sure Lesnar would own him, but it wouldn't stop me from wanting to see two huge dudes like that go at it
Twenty20Dollars
10/24/10 5:34:04PM
Pretty low from undertaker to do that right after brock lost and was trying to leave and then saying brock needs to train harder.
BustedKnuckle
10/24/10 5:52:45PM
Maybe Brock DOES !!!! need to train harder!!!!! He definatly gassed about 3 mins into the fight. Granted it had to do with the shots he took. But Brock looked like he was in trouble the entire fight. I saw the Undertaker thing on Cagepotato.com earlier. I thought it was funny.
postman
10/24/10 6:03:25PM
Anyone else intrested what Danas take will be on this?
BlueSkiesBurn
10/24/10 7:39:11PM
My understanding is that Dana invites Mark to these events. He and Calloway are on regular speaking terms. I'm sure anything between Mark and Brock goes back a very long way in the WWE and Dana won't have much to say other than "These guys have a history and it's between them, my job is promote fights, his job is to promote wrestling. Any conflict between Mark and Brock is between them and not presently my concern."

I'd bet dollars to donuts on it. People are saying it's low of Mark to say that to him, what you can't see is what Brock is doing prior to walking past him. If Brock was staring at Mark and mouthing comments than Calloway is just responding like any competitive athlete would. Aside from being an entertainer, Calloway was an athlete and OBVIOUSLY trains MMA as well.

Calloway doesn't strike me as the kind of person to just start stuff for no reason unless he's got some prior history. He's been in the WWE for years and years and coming to these events for years and this is the first time I've heard of an incident between Calloway and another human being that wasn't worked or scripted. I'm sure there's a reason.
mrsmiley
10/24/10 7:52:37PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

My understanding is that Dana invites Mark to these events. He and Calloway are on regular speaking terms. I'm sure anything between Mark and Brock goes back a very long way in the WWE and Dana won't have much to say other than "These guys have a history and it's between them, my job is promote fights, his job is to promote wrestling. Any conflict between Mark and Brock is between them and not presently my concern."

I'd bet dollars to donuts on it. People are saying it's low of Mark to say that to him, what you can't see is what Brock is doing prior to walking past him. If Brock was staring at Mark and mouthing comments than Calloway is just responding like any competitive athlete would. Aside from being an entertainer, Calloway was an athlete and OBVIOUSLY trains MMA as well.

Calloway doesn't strike me as the kind of person to just start stuff for no reason unless he's got some prior history. He's been in the WWE for years and years and coming to these events for years and this is the first time I've heard of an incident between Calloway and another human being that wasn't worked or scripted. I'm sure there's a reason.

Exactly.

You don't see Brocks face or what he may have done to instigate Taker.
bojangalz
10/24/10 9:05:48PM
Back in the day (like 6th grade lol) Undertaker was my boy! Funny, it's the first time I've ever heard an interview with him out of character. Seems like a pretty cool guy. You can tell that he's pretty distracted by whatever Brock is saying or doing in the back round. And he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to lay down for anyone. I'm sure his reaction was warranted.
Twenty20Dollars
10/24/10 9:28:57PM
I just dont think that was the time to do that, the guy just lost let him be.

After watching the video again, it's weird undertaker seemed like he was hyping up brock sorta and then it was kinda like brock walked by and it kinda turned sour or something.

Maybe it was sam stout he was walking by at the start of the video.
MisterFreeze
10/25/10 12:01:19AM
I watched this video this morning before I went to work and I've been stumped by it all damn day!
I really enjoyed seeing the Undertaker out of character. There is no way this could be a wrestling angle, as Brock has made enormous efforts to distance himself from the WWE.
I just wish Taker would have explained what the "personal" issue was, I'd love to know!
Twenty20Dollars
10/25/10 1:22:28AM
hopefully it wasnt meant in a sexual way
Aether
10/25/10 4:52:55AM
Well like someone already said we didn't see Brock as he approaches the undertaker, maybe he made a gesture, gave him the finger or something, who knows? He is facing Brock as he is doing the interview so there's plenty of footage of Brock that we don't see.
Jackelope
10/25/10 7:19:05AM

Posted by Aether

Well like someone already said we didn't see Brock as he approaches the undertaker, maybe he made a gesture, gave him the finger or something, who knows? He is facing Brock as he is doing the interview so there's plenty of footage of Brock that we don't see.

I agree with this and all of the other points made defending Taker's actions. Nobody knows the other side yet. Hard to judge. And you can definitely tell he was being Lesnar-friendly until, obviously, Lesnar did something to piss him off.

The closest answer I've been able to find that makes sense to me is this-

Apparently wrestling fans feel that Brock had his career handed to him on a silver platter (sound familiar?) He was a fast rising star in the WWE from the jump, and one of biggest storylines I guess was a feud with the Undertaker. I guess at some point he faced Taker in a hell in a cell match, which is supposed to be Taker's specialty or something, and he actually beat Undertaker. Supposedly some time after that Brock left the WWE far behind, but the whole time there had been some kind of agreement for Brock to, at some point, participate in a storyline that involved the Undertaker gaining his revenge on Brock since he had done him such a big favor by boosting his career with the hell in a cell victory.

The whole thing sounds pretty plausible to me. I'm willing to bet Undertaker is either the #2 or #1 WWE star of all time, so it only makes sense that in a business like that you would want to pay your respects in such a manner. On a personal level it also agrees with my assessment of Brock as a bit of a "spoiled athlete". No doubt the man's physical skills have earned him any spoils he achieves as an athlete, but he's definitely got a long history of not exactly "paying his dues" besides in amateur wrestling.
Twenty20Dollars
10/25/10 8:46:58PM
Doubt this really has anything to do with that other video but just another undertaker interview about the night.
linky

Damn I didnt know undertaker was one of us.