What if the underdogs win?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » What if the underdogs win?
pinoymixplaya
7/26/07 2:38:30AM
There are a lot of very popular fighters that are set up against unknown or possibly underrated fighters.....such as Cro Cop against Kongo, Liddell versus Jardine, Bisping against Hamill.....it is obvious who are expected to win, and as such would be on the road to a title fight, but what about the underdogs? What if Kongo knocks out Mirko or Jardine TKO's Chuck, will they also get that fast track to a title fight that Liddell or Cro Cop would've gotten?
veritas
7/26/07 3:10:50AM
yeah, there are a lot of fights that i see upsets happening in possibly. cro cop vs kongo is a long shot, but i just reall hope cro cop makes an impact here. bisping vs hamill and jardine vs liddell i see as possibly being HUGE upsets, i can see jardine KOing chuck, i really can, and it may be a 1 out of 10 chance but ya never know. and who knows with bisping, im still yet to be REALLY impressed by this guy, i mean he is likeable but still, could see upset written on it. and if any of these upsets happen, na i dont see them getting the fast track to a title shot, i see em jumping through a few more hoops or begging on their knees like franca or GSP
xchickox
7/26/07 8:18:28AM
if kongo wins he should get a title shot, if jardine wins he still has to win a couple more fights after losing to alexander and hamill i'm not sure i think he'd still have to take another couple of fights to get a title shot just like bisping will
LightsOut33093
7/26/07 8:45:30AM
no way kongo gets a title shot for upsetting cro cop...these people are way more deserving:
-andrei arvlovski
-anotonio rodrigo nogeira
-tim svlvia
-brandon vera
-fabricio werdum
LR
7/26/07 9:23:51AM
I don't see Kongo KO'ing CroCop. Not after CroCop's loss. I doubt he will train like crap again and take this fight easy. Arvloski does not deserve a title shot, not after the escapade he had in his last fight where nothing happened for 3 rounds but two guys dancing. I think that's why he hasn't got a fight. Big Nog is a possibility, Sylvia is going to be done, Vera needs to fight already.
xchickox
7/26/07 9:55:11AM

Posted by LightsOut33093

no way kongo gets a title shot for upsetting cro cop...these people are way more deserving:
-andrei arvlovski
-tim svlvia
-brandon vera
-fabricio werdum

arlovski doesn't after his last performance
big nog doesn't after his last performance
big tim needs another fight and a win before a title rematch
brandon vera still needs to prove himself
werdum doesn't deserve a shot at all, he lost to arlovski in an awful fight

maybe kongo would need another win even if he beat cro cop, but its only the same as giving gonzaga a shot
SpiderSilva
7/26/07 8:02:00PM
what happened ti Vera
chrismess121
7/26/07 11:38:35PM
http://www.brandonvera.com/
Ultimate_fighter
7/27/07 5:51:34AM
I hope the underdogs win, but i want bisping to win.. I hope Jardine wins, i hope Grifffin wins, and i hope Kongo wins, their fights. That would be great to see all of these underdogs come out on top.. I believe there is nothing better than seeing an underdog stop the stronger guy, Just awesome to see.
Ultimate_fighter
7/27/07 5:56:42AM

Posted by xchickox

Posted by LightsOut33093

-andrei arvlovski
-tim svlvia
-brandon vera
-fabricio werdum

arlovski doesn't after his last performance
big nog doesn't after his last performance
big tim needs another fight and a win before a title rematch
brandon vera still needs to prove himself
werdum doesn't deserve a shot at all, he lost to arlovski in an awful fight

maybe kongo would need another win even if he beat cro cop, but its only the same as giving gonzaga a shot

Arlovski - had a terrible fight with werdum
Nogeira - No no no... he got KO-ed in the first... and won becuz Heath was tired and pretty much through the fight...
Tim - O NO! He is not good enough, randy won 50-45.. domination.. he needs at least 2 fights with 2 good fighters.
Werdum - ????? WTF man, r u kidding, he lost against arlovski's worst performance, he aint getting a title shot for a while...
but...
I think that Vera has proved himself, he deserves it if he fights someone like arlovski or someone like Cro Cop and wins....

I think if Kongo wins he needs one more good fight then he gets the title shot.. Cro Cop 1-1 in the UFC, he doesn't get a title shot if Cro Cop loses twice in a row.. wouldn't make sense..
LR
7/27/07 9:25:05AM
After watching the Couture vs. Sylvia fight again last night on UFC Unleashed, Sylvia was absolutely terrible in that fight, I mean, words cannot convey the horrible fight he put on. He was dominated by a legend, yes, but a guy who is smaller than him. Sylvia never unleashed any huge punches or anything. He was terrible. Every fighter going against him is going to use that fight to beat him.
wilwith1l
7/27/07 11:13:57AM

Sylvia made a trining tape for people to use against himself
Pitbull09
7/29/07 9:42:16PM
Of course not, those underdogs are underdogs cause they havnt proven that they deserve a title fight and one fight wouldnt give them a shot either. Chuck Liddel is the former champ and deserves a shorter road to a rematch just like other fighters who have proven their worth or their career and not in one huge upset that could happen in any of these three fights
Ydoc
7/29/07 9:44:51PM
What if the underdogs win? The game gets a little more interesting.
Kisame
7/29/07 11:09:56PM
year of the upset is over. Doubt any of the top people will go underprepared now.
cmill21
7/29/07 11:22:23PM
Everyone in mma is now saying "anything can happen" finally those goofs will quit walking in with out preparing mentally and physically.