Most Underdog picks

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Most Underdog picks
copcopps
9/17/08 11:40:05AM
Out of all the fights that have underdogs in them, I have pick 3 out 5. I'm pretty stoked for thisc ard since I actually have faith in these guys on beating the people they're facing.

My three underdogs are:

Vedepo more because Sakara is ridiculously inconsistant and he tends to quit when he gets hit
Neer: I already stated why I picked Neer
Ryan Jenson: I originally picked Gouveia to win but then again I don't think Gouveia trains that much and that's why he gases and I don't think a weight cut will help him.
emfleek
9/17/08 11:42:01AM
Good luck!
MALICE
9/17/08 12:14:10PM
I didn't pick any of those three, but I agree with you.

Vedepo has a good all around game. And likes to brawl. And Sakara has a suspect chin. But the reason he has a suspect chin is because he was tko'ed by 3 of the hardest hitters in the UFC. Leben, Alexander, and McFedries. I think if Vedepo can keep the pressure on, he has a very good chance.

I cant believe Neer is an underdog. Nate has looked impressive and I think he has burned a bunch of people who have picked against him, time and time again, but he always pulls it off. So now they just can't pick against him. But Neer has wins over Guillard, Stevenson, and Thomas. If Nate pulls off another sub, I will be extremely impressed.

Jensen is a good fighter, I just see Gouveia being the better fighter.

Wolfenstein
9/17/08 12:38:44PM
I think Vedepo will win because of his wrestling. I've watched him a few times and the guy has a really quick shot even though he telegraphs it a little bit. I'm a little worried that he has a tendency to keep his hands low but Sakara typically knocks people out with combinations that have an accumalitve effect, so I'm not too worried about the KO power.

I almost chose Massenzio over McFedries because it's another tough collegiate wrestler. At the weigh ins Massenzio looked huge in comparison to Drew which was really surprising because Drew is one of the biggest MW's around. In the end though I just have to think that McFedries TD defense is enough to keep it standing, and he has a significant advantage in the standup.

I wish Schafer could just eek out the underdog bonus because it's so close and I think he can get Houston down and finish. He was able to take Bonnar down and he's been training with K1 vets so he should be able to weather the initial 30 second spaz attack by Houston. He was able to take Bonnar and Bisping down so I think he gets Houston down and side chokes him.
InSearchofSunrise
9/17/08 1:14:16PM
This shows how underated Wilson Gouvie. He is gonna work Ryan Jensen. They are not even in the same leauge. Ryan Jensen is a b or c level fighter. Wilson Gouvei is an A level fighter. Clear difference. In Wilson's first fight, he went toe to toe with Keith Jardine, the match was essentially a draw. He's knocked out Jason Lambert. And before he got ko'd against Goran he was beating him, on the feet at that, against one of the best strikers in the world. He has no real weakness. He is immensely well rounded. He can beat this guy in more ways than one. I got Wilson with a round 3 ko. Very tough guy, and I feel middleweight is a perfect weight class for him. Heard.
Rush
9/17/08 1:14:39PM
I'm picking a couple underdogs myself. Vedepo and Neer.

BAsed on records, I understand Neer being an underdog , but why Vedepo? Sakara is something like 3-3 in his last 6 UFC fights. Out of those fights he has been KOed in the first round and his wins are not exactly what I would call quality UFC level wins.

I am worried about my underdog bonus for Neer going to the dogs though. He is currently at 19% and I am afraid people will pick him enough to put him over 20%, exactly what happened in Tim Boetsch's first fight ( I picked the fight perfectly when he was an underdog and by the time of the event a few more picked him to get him out of underdog status.)
jiujitsufreak74
9/17/08 2:30:45PM

Posted by Rush

I'm picking a couple underdogs myself. Vedepo and Neer.

BAsed on records, I understand Neer being an underdog , but why Vedepo? Sakara is something like 3-3 in his last 6 UFC fights. Out of those fights he has been KOed in the first round and his wins are not exactly what I would call quality UFC level wins.

I am worried about my underdog bonus for Neer going to the dogs though. He is currently at 19% and I am afraid people will pick him enough to put him over 20%, exactly what happened in Tim Boetsch's first fight ( I picked the fight perfectly when he was an underdog and by the time of the event a few more picked him to get him out of underdog status.)

have you ever seen Vedepo fight? it is disgraceful. he keeps his hands on his hips and only throws hooks. he is not even close to UFC level and Sakara should make light work of him.
Rush
9/17/08 2:50:55PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

have you ever seen Vedepo fight? it is disgraceful. he keeps his hands on his hips and only throws hooks.

Nope, but if that's the case, then maybe the UFC is trying to keep Sakara around.
copcopps
9/19/08 11:54:59PM
Bumped this due to the fact I'm picking Shamrock and my homegirl Kelly Kobold