Ummm Joe Lauzon Anyone?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Ummm Joe Lauzon Anyone?
gartface
9/1/10 12:27:04PM
Disclaimer: I know he fought Gabe Reudiger.

I can't believe a thread hasn't been posted about his performance the other night. He impressed the hell out of me, and honestly was the fighter who stood out to me the most on Saturday. Don't now if I've ever seen him look that good. Glad to see he's healthy and hope he continues on a tear.

What do you guys think?
emfleek
9/1/10 12:43:19PM
I've always been a fan of Joe's. However, I didn't get to see the fights so...
gartface
9/1/10 12:58:35PM

Posted by emfleek

I've always been a fan of Joe's. However, I didn't get to see the fights so...

It was a desecration and he looked much more powerful in this fight to me.
Jackelope
9/1/10 1:11:24PM
Fight went exactly how I expected considering the beef and motivating factors from Lauzon. Plus, I got an inside tip saying he had started seriously strength training before this fight.

I think what we saw there was an actual fight, not an MMA bout. That's why it looked so impressive. Lauzon just beat him up
gartface
9/1/10 1:17:29PM

Posted by Jackelope

Fight went exactly how I expected considering the beef and motivating factors from Lauzon. Plus, I got an inside type saying he had started seriously strength training before this fight.

I think what we saw there was an actual fight, not an MMA bout. That's why it looked so impressive. Lauzon just beat him up

Yeah, he straight up just went to town on him like a kid would on a playground.

Who do you guys think is next for him?
scoozna
9/1/10 1:26:14PM
I think JLau said it best in the pre-fight trailer - Joe has progressed a lot since TUF and Gabe hasn't.

...or the "sorry for your loss" cake at the weigh-ins got inside Gabe's head.

Picture number 40
Twenty20Dollars
9/1/10 1:54:55PM
I know Joezon didnt look good last time out against Stout after coming off the injury and layoffs.

I was suprised by Joezon picking up and slamming Ruedi down like he did, that was simply amazing.

Maybe matched up against Danzig or RDA.
emfleek
9/1/10 2:06:14PM

Posted by scoozna

Picture number 40

Actually, the "Sorry For Your Loss" cake was a gift from Gabe *to* Joe.
scoozna
9/1/10 2:27:09PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by scoozna

Picture number 40

Actually, the "Sorry For Your Loss" cake was a gift from Gabe *to* Joe.

Yeah...i just found that out while reading on a different site....ME=FAIL.
MattHughesRules
9/1/10 3:18:04PM
I think Joe looked very good in this fight. Let's be honest though, "Godzilla" is not much of an opponent. He doesn't even belong in the UFC.

This being said I have always liked Lauzon. He's a fun fighter to watch. He brings it. I was pretty shocked that Stout handled him like he did, I would like to see him fight a higher class fighter now. Maybe Guida or the loser of Sherk vs. Dunham.
gartface
9/1/10 3:19:42PM

Posted by gartface
Disclaimer: I know he fought Gabe Reudiger.

gazlufc
9/3/10 1:47:59PM
Give him BJ.
DevonFoxy
9/3/10 1:54:02PM
Def a major favorite of mine as he's still so young and is now like has been said training serious strength and conditioning. With the ring cardio he's a guy who can give alot of guys at lw problems based on his aggresion, takedowns, and pretty good stand up. His cardio has always been his downfall and now not so much hopefully. He's a guy like kenflo to me in the making but the wrestlers with top control really worry me.
JimiMak
9/3/10 6:54:27PM
I liked him anyway, maybe I'm biased because he's local, but he looked phenomenal. Glad I got to see it in person. Still gotta go back and see the tape.
prozacnation1978
9/4/10 12:28:14PM
That is the joe I wanted to see beat up sam stout back in jan
Next fight. I still think him and etim will face each other
Maybe chicago. Or even montreal.

Gotta say. I would love to see him face a cole miller or escudero next though
emfleek
9/7/10 8:33:19AM

Posted by gazlufc

Give him BJ.

Whoa, man! He's good and all, but this is just over the top! A high five would likely suffice!

c-dub
9/7/10 2:39:02PM
i think that lauzon put on the best fight of his career 2 bad it was aginst a fighter like gabe but it does show what joe can b capable of cant wait 2 c who they put him up aginst now because he made gabe look like a nobody