Ultimate Iceman: Chuck Liddell to debut on Spike TV on May 31

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Ultimate Iceman: Chuck Liddell to debut on Spike TV on May 31
Next Page »
SmileR
5/7/08 1:33:39PM
Spike TV will “salute” former UFC light heavyweight champion Chuck Liddell during a special hour-long world television premiere of “Ultimate Iceman: Chuck Liddell” on Saturday, May 31 at 9 p.m. ET.

In addition, the debut of “Liddell vs. Silva: UFC Unleashed — Special Edition” will follow immediately afterward at 10 p.m. ET, creating a Memorial Day “homage” for the most popular fighter in the promotion.

Of course, Liddell and Silva battled it out in an epic three-round war at UFC 79: “Nemesis” in December 2007, which “Iceman” won via unanimous decision. According to a recent press release, the segment will include backstage bonus footage prior to the 205-pound tilt.

Liddell was expected to take on Rashad Evans in the main event at UFC 85: “Bedlam” at the O2 Arena in London, England, on June 7. However, he had to recently withdraw from the contest because of a torn hamstring and the card has since been significantly reshuffled to offset the loss of star power.

It was not mentioned if this was already in the works for some time to hype the UFC 85 pay-per-view (PPV) event that takes place seven days later; however, the timing appears to reflect that type of thinking.

Regardless, should be cool night of free mixed martial arts programming worth checking out.

Link
DCRage
5/7/08 1:46:54PM
It's another veiled shot at Gary Shaw. That same exact timeslot is when EliteXC airs on CBS. WAR!!!
MMAcca
5/7/08 1:57:59PM
Oooh, they've got some sly people at Spike.......
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/7/08 2:43:49PM
makes sense to me
RMFG_187
5/7/08 3:18:34PM
anyone that watches this instead of watching Kimbo getting KO'ed by JT truly is a chuck fan although i will flip through and watch Silva vs Leben, Franklin, Marquart just cuz i love the quick KO's inbetween the Elite XC fights/
GrandMaster313
5/7/08 3:18:41PM
I think there needs to be a Liddell/ Silva 2 in the future
whardin19
5/7/08 3:28:31PM
Good move by the UFC and Spike. I'm just not sure it's going to work. A free night of fights or watching old Chuck matches I've seen on DVD a ton of times. Hmmmm....not a hard choice. Plus I think JT is going to give Kimbo more problems than people think. One more thing I like watching the hot Gina fight...lol!
NatedawgThaM
5/7/08 3:59:47PM
Forget both events! I could care less about two shows showcasing one dimensional fighters. Yeah they'll be exciting fights but the sloppiness in all the fights on both events will turn me a little off.

Good move by the UFC so I'll give them credit but I'll still be watching Zab Judah-Shane Moesly over both events even if they were combined!!!
jakeiceman
5/7/08 4:10:03PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Forget both events! I could care less about two shows showcasing one dimensional fighters. Yeah they'll be exciting fights but the sloppiness in all the fights on both events will turn me a little off.

Good move by the UFC so I'll give them credit but I'll still be watching Zab Judah-Shane Moesly over both events even if they were combined!!!

You dont want to watch "one dimensional fighters" so your going to watch.........boxing??!! Uhhh yeah man that makes soooo much sense.....??? But I understand, you gotta take a shot at Liddell whenever you can, its pretty much expected from you.
NatedawgThaM
5/7/08 4:26:57PM

Posted by jakeiceman

Posted by NatedawgThaM

You dont want to watch "one dimensional fighters" so your going to watch.........boxing??!! Uhhh yeah man that makes soooo much sense.....??? But I understand, you gotta take a shot at Liddell whenever you can, its pretty much expected from you.

At least boxing shows technique unlike Liddell and almost everyone of EliteXC's fighters. I don't want to see Liddell KO a bunch of wrestlers. And I don't want to see the same fight back to back four times in a row at EliteXC. Street brawler KOing another street brawler in the 1st. It gets old after awhile. I'll try and watch Liddell-Wandy, Kimbo-JT, and Scott-Robbie but other then that, the rest of the fights don't interest me in the least. I've been a boxing fan longer then I've been an MMA fan. Boxing your expected to be a boxer, in MMA your expected to be well rounded.

prozacnation1978
5/7/08 4:33:59PM
if the ufc really wanted to make a statement they would have ufc85 on spike instead of pay per view
jakeiceman
5/7/08 4:43:53PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by jakeiceman

Posted by NatedawgThaM

At least boxing shows technique unlike Liddell and almost everyone of EliteXC's fighters. I don't want to see Liddell KO a bunch of wrestlers. And I don't want to see the same fight back to back four times in a row at EliteXC. Street brawler KOing another street brawler in the 1st. It gets old after awhile. I'll try and watch Liddell-Wandy, Kimbo-JT, and Scott-Robbie but other then that, the rest of the fights don't interest me in the least. I've been a boxing fan longer then I've been an MMA fan. Boxing your expected to be a boxer, in MMA your expected to be well rounded.

Hey man I'm not knocking you for being a boxing fan, I have been an ameteur boxer for many years, believe me you dont have to "teach" me about the difference between the two sports. Liddell is far from one dimensional though my friend, just because he chooses to stand with his oppenents and is mainly a striker, its only because....who can take him down? Why go to the ground when you dont need to. And I'm not saying he is invincible on the feet, thats obviously been proven. All I'm sayin is t hat just becuase a fighter doesnt like to roll on the mats, that it doesnt make him and incomplete MMA fighter. Yeah boxing is supposed to be boxing but it still contradicted what you said, the fact is is that you probably read a headline about Liddell and slobbered over the chance to take a shot at him...its all good man its all for fun
bls1919
5/7/08 4:48:43PM
I am very excited to see both of these events. I will watch and dvr the EXC and dvr the chuck thing. I think the fight with Kimbo and JT will be a war IMO. Ferguson TKO 2nd
zephead
5/7/08 5:57:50PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Do you ever give it a rest?
EON
5/7/08 7:16:23PM

Posted by jakeiceman

Hey man I'm not knocking you for being a boxing fan, I have been an ameteur boxer for many years, believe me you dont have to "teach" me about the difference between the two sports. Liddell is far from one dimensional though my friend, just because he chooses to stand with his oppenents and is mainly a striker, its only because....who can take him down? Why go to the ground when you dont need to. And I'm not saying he is invincible on the feet, thats obviously been proven. All I'm sayin is t hat just becuase a fighter doesnt like to roll on the mats, that it doesnt make him and incomplete MMA fighter. Yeah boxing is supposed to be boxing but it still contradicted what you said, the fact is is that you probably read a headline about Liddell and slobbered over the chance to take a shot at him...its all good man its all for fun

I stopped reading at "liddell is far from one dimensional"

what do you expect from a guy with a liddell avatar and a name jakeiceman, thats right, nuthuggery
mrsmiley
5/7/08 8:22:16PM
Well I can buy Ultimate Iceman on DVD.But I want to see Kimbo and Thompson live!
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
5/7/08 9:07:32PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by jakeiceman

Posted by NatedawgThaM

you sure seemed to enjoy anthony johnson ko'ing tommy speers ( the most one dimensional fighter in the ufc). Any chance you get at hating on chuck lidell or gsp you take . when some one points out how your posts are contradictory , you chose to not respond to the thread again. your a poser , a racist , a hater and flat out clown.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
5/7/08 9:09:53PM
double post
Pookie
5/7/08 9:11:35PM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by jakeiceman

Posted by NatedawgThaM

you sure seemed to enjoy anthony johnson ko'ing tommy speers ( the most one dimensional fighter in the ufc). your a poser , a racist and flat out clown.

Racist? Wat the hell?
can i see the link where he said anything racist because it sure wasnt on this thread.
Playground_Samurai
5/7/08 9:21:02PM

Posted by Pookie

you sure seemed to enjoy anthony johnson ko'ing tommy speers ( the most one dimensional fighter in the ufc). your a poser , a racist and flat out clown.

Racist? Wat the hell?
can i see the link where he said anything racist because it sure wasnt on this thread.

That's hilarious. This reminds me of a funny Mike Tyson quote....

"He called me a recluse, and a rapist.....I aint no recluse."
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
5/7/08 9:29:57PM
nothing racist on this thread. just the fact he will bandwagon mostly any colored fighter and blind hate caucasian fighters is enough of a reason. It's very obvious that his comments are often racially motivated. "chuck doesnt have good stand up because he only ko's wrestlers" while he says anthony johnsons stand up is amazing because he ko'd speers( he picked speers to ko AJ anyways) coming into the thread about who will win tuf 7 and sayin the lone black dude will win. im not going to go and disect all of posts but its fairly obvious hes a racist. FYI im coloured myself , but please stfu with the blind hatred.
Pookie
5/7/08 9:41:31PM

nothing racist on this thread. just the fact he will bandwagon mostly any colored fighter and blind hate caucasian fighters is enough of a reason. It's very obvious that his comments are often racially motivated. "chuck doesnt have good stand up because he only ko's wrestlers" while he says anthony johnsons stand up is amazing because he ko'd speers( he picked speers to ko AJ anyways) coming into the thread about who will win tuf 7 and sayin the lone black dude will win. im not going to go and disect all of posts but its fairly obvious hes a racist. FYI im coloured myself , but please stfu with the blind hatred.

lol... dont throw around the term racist on here when its really not the case man. Especially since such things usually get people banned.

and please dont call black people coloured... thats a little bit offensive to me.
thanks man. appreciate it.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
5/7/08 11:05:16PM
why dont you worry about not getting yourself banned pookie. considering you've been banned and i havent , you should stfu. considering i was responding to natedawgtham , you should also stfu. Is he your boyfriend? Would explain the avatar. why do you feel you need to defend him? i know you like stiring up the shit pot but please mind ya business. When did i call black people coloured? anyone who is not caucasian is colored , got any other terms you would rather use? i'm half brazilian and half irish, what would you label me? got any more questions about a post , why dont you pm me and ill clarify. put down the crack pipe before you respond to my post's pook.
TimW001
5/7/08 11:17:58PM

Posted by EON

Posted by jakeiceman

I stopped reading at "liddell is far from one dimensional"

what do you expect from a guy with a liddell avatar and a name jakeiceman, thats right, nuthuggery

Yea Liddell fought wrestlers and JJ guys, and none of them could submit him, or hold him down. Liddell is far from one dimensional, but he relies on only one apect of MMA. I see nothing wrong with that.
Kracker_Jap
5/7/08 11:40:16PM

pookie?? not only do you fill out the leather but you have been banned??

BTW real gangsters have a DVR or TiVo and will watch both shows
ohiostate1016
5/7/08 11:47:32PM
I already know who won all of Chuck's fights...
Pookie
5/7/08 11:58:22PM

why dont you worry about not getting yourself banned pookie. considering you've been banned and i havent , you should stfu.

You're a tool

considering i was responding to natedawgtham , you should also stfu. Is he your boyfriend? Would explain the avatar. why do you feel you need to defend him?

When you go around accusing long time members of being motivated by racism then your crossing a line that you really have no business crossing.
Original insult by the way you commented on my gay avatar. Your wit blows my mind.

i know you like stiring up the shit pot but please mind ya business.

This is a forum, if your going to spew inflammatory remarks about someone for no real reason, maybe you should grow up and cut the bs or stop getting sensitive when someone calls you on it

When did i call black people coloured? anyone who is not caucasian is colored , got any other terms you would rather use? i'm half brazilian and half irish, what would you label me?

I wouldnt label you anything, and thats the point. Coloured is a derogatory and insensitive word to African Americans, like myself. Whether you use it for your half-Brazilian self doesn't change the fact that it still is offensive. Not to mention hypocritical considering the context of your post.

got any more questions about a post , why dont you pm me and ill clarify. put down the crack pipe before you respond to my post's pook.

sigh...
Kracker_Jap
5/8/08 12:10:48AM
sigh...

You should PM him a rainbow
NatedawgThaM
5/8/08 2:16:00AM

you sure seemed to enjoy anthony johnson ko'ing tommy speers ( the most one dimensional fighter in the ufc). Any chance you get at hating on chuck lidell or gsp you take . when some one points out how your posts are contradictory , you chose to not respond to the thread again. your a poser , a racist , a hater and flat out clown.

Racist? Wow that's a low blow but somewhat funny since A. I'm white and B. I like more white fighters then I like black fighters. Just because I speak louder for the darker skinned fighters means I'm racist?

And once I again I DON'T HATE GSP, GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK HEAD!!! All I did is predict Serra to beat him again since in my breakdown of the fight, I had Serra winning. And then when somebody asks in as a topic question "Who do you think could beat GSP" I let out three names that I think would have a good shot at him BUT NEVER SAID THEY'D BEAT HIM, instead of being apart of a group of a lot of nutthuggers like you saying nobody has a chance which is absolutely asinine since Serra proved the mans not unstoppable and it is impossible to be unstoppable in MMA. Sorry I'm not kissing his bare butt like you are.

And maybe another reason I don't want to watch the Liddell special is because I have already seen all those fights a thousand times before? The man's an exciting fighter and I have admitted on this site the Wandy-Chuck fight was possibly the greatest fight I have ever seen. It's just the nuthuggers that get me off saying the man's the greatest and unstoppable. I have the personality that if somebody says something or someone is unstoppable or impossible, I want to prove them wrong. I don't hate the guy, he made my night at 76 since the rest of the card was a let down. Jardine-Chuck was a great fight and ended the night on a great note.

And then the thing with not choosing to respond after my comments are proved contradictory? That's dumb, do you stalk me and see when I'm online? I logged off after I replied to Jake. Sorry I have other things I want to do rather then argue on the internet. And their's a difference between Anthony and Chuck. Chuck hasn't really shown he's more then an awkward power puncher that's protected with the greatest sprawl in the game. Could he do more? Probably but he doesen't since it works for him. But I will keep saying until he proves me wrong he will have trouble with a great striker that has good kicks. All I said was Anthony Johnson impressed me and as long as he kept improving I'd predict him as champion by the end of 09 or 2010. Sorry that offended your GSP fanhood since their in the same division.

But seriously dude, you should calm the hell down. Their is no place for racism in today's society. It died back in the 60's. To call someone out like that is totally uncalled for. Calm down.

jakeiceman
5/8/08 2:56:06AM
I love it!!! See what my big mouth started. Alright now a little bit of damage control...I appreciate the Silva fan who took my side, it seems like its a crime to be a Liddell fan these days which is complete bullshit so it was finally nice to see someone show a bit of respect. Now with NateDawg, we definately dont see eye to eye about Liddell and I'm sure he expects that I will be all over him everytime he talks crap (its all part of the game) and that is whats fun about posting on forums. Natedawg even said some positive things (maybe a closet fan hmmmm? ha ha) about Liddell. Everyone has thier favorites and if your a fan its in your interest to defend them. At the same time if you dont like someone its fun to talk a little bit of smack....its all good. Thats all I have to say, its a forum for hell sakes, everyones opinion matters or is atleast humorus to read.

Oh and by the way, the next window licker that is smart enough to put the fact that my screen name is "jakeiceman" and the fact that my avatar is of Liddell together to deem me as a "nuthugger" will recieve a shiny new GOLD STAR....oooohh oohhh. Seriously I'm a nuthugger....its not a secret, I dont hide it.....it doesnt bother me....and its not original to call me out as so.

P.S GSPfan has a better avatar than me......there should be rules against such things!!
Pages: [1] 2