What do you think would be the ultimate guitar hero song?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » What do you think would be the ultimate guitar hero song?
jiujitsufreak74
10/14/07 9:07:00PM
IMO, it should be green grass and high tides forever by the outlaws. that song is 10 min long and the whole thing is practically one guitar solo. the song is basically four guitarists trying to out do the other's solo with their solo. it just epitomizes what GH is all about. anyway what do you guys think the ultimate GH song is?
babalu2720
10/14/07 9:14:00PM
I'm biased because I am an AC/DC fan, but Thunderstruck would be fast paced and it has a couple of good solos especially the beginning part. Another one would be Crazy Train by Ozzie, it might not be the ultimate, but it would be really fun to play, just thinking about palying it gets me pumped up,lol
jiujitsufreak74
10/14/07 9:15:56PM

Posted by babalu2720

I'm biased because I am an AC/DC fan, but Thunderstruck would be fast paced and it has a couple of good solos especially the beginning part. Another one would be Crazy Train by Ozzie, it might not be the ultimate, but it would be really fun to play, just thinking about palying it gets me pumped up,lol

great choice, i love ac/dc myself. also eddie van halen's eruption would be the ultimate guitar feat.
iwannabesedated
10/14/07 9:54:28PM
The DragonForce song thorugh fire and through flames i think that is what its called is crazy those dudes are out of this world.
hotrodttt
10/14/07 10:24:39PM
Dude , Back to the Primative would be cool
Boo_Radley21
10/15/07 12:00:41AM
Eye of the Tiger would probably be an easy one but still fun.
Mastodon2
10/15/07 2:45:00AM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

The DragonForce song thorugh fire and through flames i think that is what its called is crazy those dudes are out of this world.

Yeah its a shame they fake all their music and can't play it live though!
Svartorm
10/15/07 3:45:13AM
Where did you hear that? I've seen them live and they looked fine to me.
babalu2720
10/15/07 7:02:49AM

That song is going to be in Guitar Hero 3 Legends of Rock coming out in late October
Mastodon2
10/15/07 11:13:58AM

Posted by Svartorm

They use a program called protools (basically a digital enhancer for sound) in the studio to clean up their solos, correcting bum notes, putting them in time, removing string noise from sloppy playing etc. They use it to cut their solos into little parts so they can assemble them a block at a time rather than playing them all in one take, which requires much more skill than playing them as little licks. They can just about slop their way through the solos, and they do it live, the wheels definitely come off when the pro tool safety net gets taken away. I've seen them live twice, and while I think their music is trite and dull, from a purely technical aspect it was all over the place.
iwannabesedated
10/15/07 1:08:52PM

Posted by Mastodon2

Posted by Svartorm

They use a program called protools (basically a digital enhancer for sound) in the studio to clean up their solos, correcting bum notes, putting them in time, removing string noise from sloppy playing etc. They use it to cut their solos into little parts so they can assemble them a block at a time rather than playing them all in one take, which requires much more skill than playing them as little licks. They can just about slop their way through the solos, and they do it live, the wheels definitely come off when the pro tool safety net gets taken away. I've seen them live twice, and while I think their music is trite and dull, from a purely technical aspect it was all over the place.

OK but the question was what song will be awesome on GH3 im not a member of the dragonforce fan club and could care less if they fake it or not.The song is sweet tho if you youtube score hero exclusive theres a demo of the song and it looks crazy.And im pretty sure 100% of musicians "clean" up their sounds in the studio thats not a surprise its called editing.
iwannabesedated
10/15/07 1:12:56PM
Is this guy faking too

CannonRock
Gladiator
10/15/07 1:51:03PM
Back in Black by AC/DC and Enter Sandman by Metallica, im shocked that neither of those has been in any Gh game so far
Lay_N_Pray
10/15/07 1:53:52PM
No, its true, Dragonforce is horrible live, their guitarists are sloppy.

I want "Sultans of Swing" by Dire Straits.

Mark Knopfler is an amazing guitarist with tremendous tone
DJDark41
10/15/07 2:24:36PM
Cemetery Gates by Pantera, end of story.

Others I would be fine with: Holy Wars...The Punishment Due by Megadeth, Welcome to Bucketheadland by Buckethead or Run Fatboy Run by Nine Pound Hammer.

And all you people picking grabage Metallica songs and horrible AC/DC songs(but AC/DC is bad in general, so any song of theirs is instant failure,) there are so many better songs. I'd rather play One, Sad But True, Master of Puppets, For Whom The Bell Tolls, or Whiplash. Just my opinion, but I think they would be much more fun to play in Guitar Hero.

And back to the point, Cemetery Gates, end of story.
D0wnUnd6e6r
10/15/07 6:50:59PM
Well since Eruption by my Fav guitar player Eddie Van Halen has already been mentionned, i'll have to go with Shattered by Pantera, although Cemetery Gates is pretty crazy, Shattered has the makings of a true guitar hero song.

PERIOD!!! END OF STORY!!! WHATEVER!!!
TheHitmanTL
10/16/07 1:43:45AM
for me personally id like to see.....M+M's by blink 182 lol i know laugh it up
Mastodon2
10/16/07 2:55:07AM

OK but the question was what song will be awesome on GH3 im not a member of the dragonforce fan club and could care less if they fake it or not.The song is sweet tho if you youtube score hero exclusive theres a demo of the song and it looks crazy.And im pretty sure 100% of musicians "clean" up their sounds in the studio thats not a surprise its called editing.

Some "editing" is required, but I know a fair bit about production, and can assure you that "editing" is mostly cut and paste of various drum, guitar and bass tracks, altering instrument tone, taking out hum and that sort of thing. Most good musicians can nail their solos in a single take, even if it takes a few tries to get it perfect.
CwB
10/16/07 4:38:13AM

Posted by Lay_N_Pray

No, its true, Dragonforce is horrible live, their guitarists are sloppy.

I want "Sultans of Swing" by Dire Straits.

Mark Knopfler is an amazing guitarist with tremendous tone

"unable to give props you must spread the love"

as soon as i seen you bring up that song i tried to give props but i cant.

seriously that is one of my favorite songs, and not because of the singing, purley for the guitar.
Taylor8766
10/16/07 5:29:53PM
"Alive" by Pearl Jam would be sick, and also a song from Jimmy Hendrix
D0wnUnd6e6r
10/16/07 6:32:00PM

Posted by Taylor8766

"Alive" by Pearl Jam would be sick, and also a song from Jimmy Hendrix

Already has one... Guitar Hero 1...Spanish Castle Magic...awsome song
Djbb
10/17/07 3:43:21AM
Google "Frets on Fire", its basically Guitar Hero for your computer with literally thousands of songs available for download.