Ultimate Fighter (TUF) ratings rise to 1.2 million viewers for episode 10 on Spike TV

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Ultimate Fighter (TUF) ratings rise to 1.2 million viewers for episode 10 on Spike TV
pmoney
6/2/11 7:41:25PM
It is all over.

The ratings are in for episode 10 of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 13 and, all things considered, they aren't too bad. According to numbers released today by Spike TV, the latest episode garnered a 0.9 household rating (including a 1.14 in males 18-49 and a 1.2 in males 18-34) for an average audience of 1.2 million viewers.

TUF 13, which averaged 1.24 million viewers per episode throughout the 10 episode season, was the lowest rated TUF in the history of the show, which dates all the way back to 2005.

Article
pmoney
6/2/11 7:47:47PM
If you go to the article, they have a breakdown of all the ratings of all the episodes. The first episode got the most viewers, and the only episode to even match it was episode five.

If you're thinking what I am thinking, it's that the first episode is the most critical. Over the years, they implemented the elimination round, where the cast members fought to get in to the house. This gave us a chance to get to know the fighters, see them fight, and generally it gave us two whole episodes of just fights and fight highlights before the season really began.

I found that awesome. The best part of the show is the fights. Back when TUF started, the novelty of seeing these athletes train wasn't worn out. Now it's all upper deckers and male strippers. Lame.

Bring back the elimination round if this show is to continue. The coaches next season should bring in decent ratings. Although I am sure that is what they thought with this season! Bring that **** back. Better fights will be shown, better fighters will, in theory, be on the show...

Dana knows they screwed up. In fact, I say ditch this sinking ship and dip out on Spike after 2011.