The Ultimate Fighter 6 : Team Hughes vs Team Serra

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » The Ultimate Fighter 6 : Team Hughes vs Team Serra
« Previous Page | Next Page »
scoozna
10/12/07 10:42:47AM
...Since I thought the most interesting part of the show was Mac Danzig's comments on Hightower - he addresses it in his blog:

Mac Danzig weblog

Stickan
10/12/07 12:12:01PM

Posted by scoozna

...Since I thought the most interesting part of the show was Mac Danzig's comments on Hightower - he addresses it in his blog:

Mac Danzig weblog

Thanks for sharing. Props for you.
His blog further cements for me that Mac is an intellectual dude and a great guy. He should eat meat though
jiujitsufreak74
10/12/07 2:57:01PM

Posted by Stickan

Thanks for sharing. Props for you.
His blog further cements for me that Mac is an intellectual dude and a great guy. He should eat meat though

exactly, i have him as one of the favorites, but i always root against him because i hate vegans haha. he is also kind of a dick as let on by the preview for next week's episode, ut still i think he will go far, and he should learn that it is only natural to eat meat.

Ultimate_fighter
10/16/07 9:30:46PM
Kinda mad that everyone is hatin Mac.... he is such a good fighter, i hope some of the guys that are making fun of him have to fight him, and get their ass whooped!!!
TheFlatLINER
10/17/07 1:42:02AM
I think Danzig is the guy to beat. he is a good all around mma dude. i would like to see him against joe laudon.
cmill21
10/17/07 11:02:23PM
Well pretty sure Danzig's gunna win. Oh and paul got KTFO, it was hilarious.
scoozna
10/18/07 8:53:25AM
...Continuing the Danzig fascination...I almost fell off the couch when he said "I ought to drop down to 155 and beat that bean pole's ass" when Cole Miller beat Andy Wang.
Ydoc
10/18/07 5:50:25PM

Posted by scoozna

...Continuing the Danzig fascination...I almost fell off the couch when he said "I ought to drop down to 155 and beat that bean pole's ass" when Cole Miller beat Andy Wang.

That was funny. He should drop down too, he'd be a nice sized LW. Mac does seem a bit bi-polar like one house guest said, and bi-polar sums up my feelings on him episode to episode. Rudeboy was funny and I'm glad he won it, and I'm really happy with that finish over the wins by easy telegraphed subs we've seen every episode until now.

Next week looks interesting as Dan cries after grappling gets a little too rough with Hughes. You know he's pissed and really starting to take it out on his guys. But he's got Mac, so he shouldn't get his panties in a twist about losing.
TheHitmanTL
10/21/07 4:08:17PM
WAR TEAM SERRRAAAA!! lol
scoozna
10/24/07 2:26:36PM
Slightly off topic, but did anyone watch the TUFfest 25 Moments show on Spike?

I think Stephan Bonnar is hilarious.

I missed season 1, so it was great to see the "do you want to be a f*n fighter" speech, and Leben go bezerk.

I don't know if I agree with Dana's assessment that the Bonnar/Griffen fight was the "most important fight in MMA history". ??? Pivotal for MMA on TV maybe, but not "in history".
bls1919
10/24/07 11:22:31PM
How about Ben Saunders tonight!!! I think the fight shopuld have gone to a 3rd round, but I can also see how the decsion happened. I think if it had gone to a third round that Dan would have been hurt bad.
Sam_Rothstein
10/24/07 11:27:33PM
I have never wanted to see a member of team serra get knocked out so badly as I did tonight

not because he outweighs everyone in the house by a good 20 lbs but because he is a douche bag, but because of what he said pre-fight about dan barrera

I never really liked barrera, I kind of thought he was a bad choice for a first round pick and he seemed pretty wierd

but when i saw dan get the phone call from his wife freaking out talking about how she thought she was dying I felt pretty bad for the guy

even if she just freaking out that is the worst call ever to get the day before a fight is your wife crying

so I was pissed when ben saunders said "don't worry i'll take care of your wife, your horses, your dog"

I actually was looking forward to what ben could do since he was from American Top Team and was interested in the fact that his style worke in Jeet Kune Do

but from now on im just hoping he gets knocked out in the semi-finals

p.s. did they get those judges from the roy jones boxing match in the olympics?
Raiderz757
10/25/07 5:03:50AM

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

I have never wanted to see a member of team serra get knocked out so badly as I did tonight

not because he outweighs everyone in the house by a good 20 lbs but because he is a douche bag, but because of what he said pre-fight about dan barrera

I never really liked barrera, I kind of thought he was a bad choice for a first round pick and he seemed pretty wierd

but when i saw dan get the phone call from his wife freaking out talking about how she thought she was dying I felt pretty bad for the guy

even if she just freaking out that is the worst call ever to get the day before a fight is your wife crying

so I was pissed when ben saunders said "don't worry i'll take care of your wife, your horses, your dog"

I actually was looking forward to what ben could do since he was from American Top Team and was interested in the fact that his style worke in Jeet Kune Do

that pissed me off 2. first time i wanted a hughes guy 2 win. oh well im sure dana will have him fight as an undercard at the finale or something
waylon_o
10/25/07 8:10:36AM

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

Who are you talking about that outweighs everyone in the house by 20 pounds?
I thought Saunders fought a good fight (too many kicks though). I even thought he won the first round personally. I don't see what the big fuss was about after the fight.
rcg916
10/25/07 9:41:47AM
Troy "Rude Boy" Mandaloniz will be on Sweep the Leg Radio today on fightersmind.com ... 5 PM pacific...
Stickan
10/25/07 10:27:08AM

Posted by waylon_o

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

I thought Saunders fought a good fight (too many kicks though). I even thought he won the first round personally. I don't see what the big fuss was about after the fight.

So did I. I too thought Ben won the first round. I have to watch it again to be sure though because I was rooting for Ben but when I watched it the first time I thought he made up for the knock-down and accumulated more damage.

Awesome episode overall. Really really good one.
TNunley
10/25/07 10:57:12AM

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

I feel the same way man. I didn't want any fighter from Hughes team to win any of the matches... BTW is this season reminding anyone else of season 3? Shamrock had only 1 win, and it was from their first fight (Kalib Starnes).

Anyway, yeah I really started to pull for Dan after that phone call when he was talking about his expenses being a big reason his wife was upset. Dana definitely earned some respect points back when he gave Dan that $5k after that fight too... I thought that was pretty awesome, and made me feel better about the fact that he had lost.... just because the only reason I wanted him to win was because of his personal life.
waylon_o
10/25/07 11:25:37AM
Who is outweighing someone by 20 pounds? I don't understand...
scoozna
10/25/07 12:17:11PM
I thought Ben won round 1 too...at the very least it wasn't so close that Dana and Matt should've gotten their panties in a bunch over it. Hughes went a little too far with his comments about the judges to the athletic commission guy I thought. Dan knocked down Saunders, but Saunders got several shots in for round 1.

No disrespect to Dan's wife, but I didn't quite understand what was wrong with her. A seizure, not eating, thought she was going to die? I kept waiting for someone to say she went to the doctor or the emergency room and was going to be ok???
scoozna
10/25/07 1:15:35PM
OK...what the hell was that in the bathroom?

Did anyone see that he was shadowboxing in the mirror with his pants down at one point? Wha?
Sam_Rothstein
10/25/07 1:32:25PM

Posted by waylon_o

im talking about ben, he normally fights at middle weight. im surprised he actually made 170.

by the looks of it he went into the fight closer to 190
TNunley
10/25/07 2:31:29PM

Posted by scoozna

OK...what the hell was that in the bathroom?

Did anyone see that he was shadowboxing in the mirror with his pants down at one point? Wha?

LMAO

Yeah, at first I was like... "Why the hell is he shadowboxing?" Then it was "Wha.... what the hell was that?" I had to rewind the episode to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me... Funny as hell man!
rcg916
10/25/07 2:41:02PM

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

Posted by waylon_o

im talking about ben, he normally fights at middle weight. im surprised he actually made 170.

by the looks of it he went into the fight closer to 190

All those guys cut down huge. Listen to Sweep the Leg today, Troy Mandaloniz says he is walking around at LHW right now...
waylon_o
10/25/07 2:51:58PM
Well isn't that the name of the game? To be as big and stong as possibly with the least amount of weight?
Sam_Rothstein
10/25/07 6:57:43PM
listen if you even looked at the original post i made i said i didnt hate him because he outweighed people by 20 lbs, lets just ignore that part for now. if i had to explain random stuff i put in posts i made when i was high then i wouldnt have time to smoke more weed.

im just saying I hope he loses bad in the 2nd round and It would be even cooler if they matched him up with GSP for live finale and allowed rush to wear brass knuckles under his gloves

rcg916
10/25/07 8:11:08PM

Posted by rcg916

Troy "Rude Boy" Mandaloniz will be on Sweep the Leg Radio today on fightersmind.com ... 5 PM pacific...

Shows starting! Check out Troy, he is hilarious...
Khaos
10/31/07 7:28:12AM

Posted by TNunley

I feel the same way man. I didn't want any fighter from Hughes team to win any of the matches... BTW is this season reminding anyone else of season 3? Shamrock had only 1 win, and it was from their first fight (Kalib Starnes).

Anyway, yeah I really started to pull for Dan after that phone call when he was talking about his expenses being a big reason his wife was upset. Dana definitely earned some respect points back when he gave Dan that $5k after that fight too... I thought that was pretty awesome, and made me feel better about the fact that he had lost.... just because the only reason I wanted him to win was because of his personal life.

reguarding your TUF 3 comment, Shamrock had 2 win during the quarterfinals Kalib Starnes & Ed Herman
TNunley
10/31/07 10:15:08AM

Posted by Khaos
reguarding your TUF 3 comment, Shamrock had 2 win during the quarterfinals Kalib Starnes & Ed Herman

You're right... I stand corrected. Well then I hope Hughes has a worse season than Shammy.
GrandMaster313
10/31/07 10:56:58PM
that was a hell of an upper cut from George
Stickan
11/1/07 1:17:50PM
J-Rock was just standing there stiff like a freakin erection, eating shots. Even though he looked athletic and strong, he didn't have any flow at all and nothing seemed to come naturally.

Anyway another loss for Hughes is a win for everyone else. Hopefully WarMachine turns Speers lights out next episode.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7